The second update - Build 68

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Mar 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rantam

Rantam Registered

Downloaded with the "update" feature and installed without a flaw. Same for the GT mod (besides both cars a blast to drive).

rF2 still have obvious performance problems, at least on my comp (specs on my profile). But I'm sure that will be fixed sooner or later...

Thanks for the update ;)

Regards

2. Richard Hessels

Richard Hessels Member

I would put some settings lower than high, running this on HD resolution with such an ancient videocard (it's basically a 8800GT but rebranded multiple times by nVidia).
    Somehow rF2 is already very heavy on the system for reasons still not very clear to me.

3. Birgitt

Birgitt Registered

ooh, now i´m astonished....

ATI uses Nvidia Chips ? that´s very interesting, but is it a fakt ?
    or your meaning ?

4. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

Same trouble, the game froze a few times with original Historic Open Wheels mod at Mills metro park (inner loop track).
    I've got an ATI HD 5870...

5. MrDouf

MrDouf Registered

Hi,

I have also the freezing issue. Removed the vracingDisplay pluggin but now instead of freezing on the track it's freezing instantly when clicking on the bottom-right arrow to enter the in car pit. It works if I have no CONTROLLER profil loaded. As soon as I setup my wheel and enter the in car pit it freezes. Will continu to investigate more tonight...

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2012
  6. Rikki

Rikki Registered

Hi,

Since this update I'm experiencing stutters too. Although framerate is reported (ctrl f) higher than previous builds, actual driving experience is way worse (unplayable). Tried lowering resolution to get even more fps, but although higher fps were achieved, it didn't cure the stutters.

Using the latest drivers from nvidia 296.10, hope there is a simple fix for this,

thanks,

Rikki

7. rustik

rustik Registered

1. After update to 68 i have problem to connect on servers - simple, no connect.
    2. in mod manager - all mods is installed and updating.
    3. but, in game online, game say me -no have mod installed.
    4. after update, in singleplayer i have vertical black lines... /last update nVidia drivers/

how resolve this problem?

8. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

Few laps later...

I'm very impressed how new cars feel. FFB is very good, both Nissans are on my top list with actual rf2's grid.

But I must say that I'm very disappointed with graphical level of new cars, especially cockpits look really bad.
    To bo honest only one word can describe textures inside both Nissan...horrible :(
    Cockpits also are extremely low poly. Why?

I know it is beta time and for me more important is physic which is great in new cars, Megane also feels much better with new build, but I must ask this question.

Is ISI planning to improve 3d models and textures in both Nissans?

9. AxL

AxL Registered

to solve point 3:
    go to c:\program files\rfactor2 and launch the mod mng exe file.
    Then install all mods and the server is ready to host.

Bye

10. rustik

rustik Registered

THKS!

11. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Not tested behind the wheel at this time, but I got the same feeling yesterday in running IA along the track on the GT mod.
    I think ISI shall work on the quality of the cars and the materials used and also texture, the cars look worse than rF1 cars, and same for the render, not really better than rF1.

I'm a huge fan of ISI product and rFactor in particular. We have mods in preparation for rF2, but now, we are disappointed by the limitation in modding we get and the quality of the cars. The track and tires feeling/ffb is good.

I will make a summary of what I expect since the release of the first beta, what is ok and what we need to get, because, modding teams are more and more disappointed on the car sector of rF2, and I think it's time to help and put a real reference on this subject from ISI to calm down our worries.

12. D!2T

D!2T Registered

Thank you Tim & ISI :)

13. Vien1

Vien1 Registered

Why do I have to make just tiny steering movements or it begins to understeer in slow corners? My steering angle is 370 degrees, sensitivy 85% and deadzone 0%. I can use only about 90 degrees to slow corners or it is just understeering and tire temps are unbelievable high. This problem is whit megane and new gt cars.

14. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Maybe you'd like to try a lower steeringlock in the "Basic" garage-screen. With the GT1 I use 18 @ 540°. That would be 12,5 @ 370 for you. There are a lot of other things you can change but that would go to far here....

15. GauchoRS

GauchoRS Registered

+1 - Fantastic driving feeling - THANKS for these cars !!

Graphics are not so bad as mentioned above - very acceptable for a "stock mod"

btw. is this the seat position, ISI is recommended for driving ??? very close to the windshield?

[​IMG]

16. BasJon

BasJon Registered

I can confirm tim it is not possible to join even normal megane mod with no custom content only the gt mod allows me to join everything else says mod not installed.

17. D!2T

D!2T Registered

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't force it to drink.

Guys c'mon use the bug reports forum as suggested and leave this to only install related information for build 68..
    That took wayyyy to long to read through and then to come across spoiler images in it too (facepalm)

18. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

Interior's graphics is not even acceptable.

I'm not just complaining, it's a fact. I know we have beta time and first what we are testing now is new mod and package system so I have no problem with that and I can wait, but I hope somebody will improve that :)

Fortunately it doesn't bother me too much while driving because new cars feel really good :)

19. benittobene

benittobene Registered

Hello,

Update works fine for me (I just uninstale Motec plug in (the only one I had) before install rev 68.
    Only GT don't work : track load but when I'm in pit, processor is full charged (100%), control monitor have 1 FPS, and that was difficult to quit the track (need to stay many second after click on leave track. I try many track, always the same problem...
    any idea?
    Thanks

20. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

Update seemed to have worked but had to download the actual rfmod file from this post and put in my packages folder and then instal it. GT is working now and am able to get in online. Tx ISI for update. Do further testing later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.