The Rig I Drive

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Golanv, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Flatspotter

Flatspotter Registered

They're 22" screens. My eye is 26" from the center screen. The screens are 12" high, so my eye forms a right triangle with adjacent side length of 26", and opposite side length of 6".

Arctangent of 6/26 is 13 degrees, doubling that angle gives a vertical FOV of 26 degrees.

2. tjc

tjc Registered

Nice setup Knight...

3. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

4. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Whatta hell is that :confused:

5. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

That right there... is my dream man. It's my dream.

6. jtbo

jtbo Registered

It has strong FFB motor at front and looks like grinding tranny mod near driver's leg, probably flying shrapnel guarantee if one messes up shifts real bad, this is no a full motion rig at rear section I can spot seat vibrator arm that provides pseudo motion to seat, but as there are no seatbelt it is probably enough to throw driver off from seat. Be careful of exposed grinding tranny mod though, one could get his leg mangled there!

3 monitor setup has probably sent to warranty repair as there is only backup crt.

Looks great for our Kenworth, who can get contact details to china wholesale sim racing cockpits company? ;)

7. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

Thanks mate it is my pride and joy, still not quite finished but 60% there :)

8. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

My man!

9. tjc

tjc Registered

Cool...

Couple of questions if you don`t mind. :)

What are you planning to add to the rig? What size are those monitors? And...

You got any footage of rf2 (with you behind the wheel... (so we can check your driving ;) ) )

Ok... that`s three questions but hey, it`s Christmas. :)

10. Knight of Redemption

No worries,

First, what you can't see is the Heath Robinson arrangement holding the monitors up so something has to be fabricated to do that job, the wheel is being retired and a CSR Elite is replacing it on Xmas day :) I am having a Load cell pedal mod being made for my CSR pedals and a button box...or the new panel that goes behind the Elite wheel more likely.

Monitors are 24"

Not until rF2 has a decent BTCC mod, that is my thing if you like, the only cars that really rock my boat for competitive racing. You can keep all your open wheelers I play around in them but not to any standard I would wish to show to the world...or our little corner of it.

11. tjc

tjc Registered

lol at "Heath Robinson" :D

Ok, cheers for the info... a CSR Elite eh... Santa`s being good to you mate... ;)

12. Knight of Redemption

He is indeed, or my wife anyway he he, thought you'd like the H.R reference :)

13. RodBarker

RodBarker Registered

Any body using a single card GTX670 if so how does it handle 3 monitors , Im thinking of going 3 monitors but a bit wary of the troubles people have and performance hit , also was thinking of getting another card and going sli 670 but that also seems to cause problems in a lot of games , I use a 30inch DELL ultrasharp monitor at the moment .

Cheers

14. Knight of Redemption

Yup me, runs pretty good. Things change over builds and on different systems. I may SLI when they have sorted that out, or optimisations will bring frame rates. One thing to be aware of is Nvidia Surround likes the monitors using the same polarity, three matched is the most problem free route if you have the budget. Two more of those DELLs would be just the ticket. With that real estate I would say a 4gb card is called for.

15. aldrew

aldrew Registered

16. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Sweet, a cockpit.

17. Butch Nackley

Butch Nackley Registered

18. the-D-

the-D- Registered

It does have a rural quality about it, gerrof moy land!! :p

19. aldrew

aldrew Registered

20. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

Bought Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V2 about month ago and since I don't have decent driving seat yet I was having problems with the load cell brake pedal. It needs so much force to push the pedal that my seat is slowly sliding away from the desk. But not anymore. :) Made a simple construction out of few pieces of wooden skirting boards and bunch of screws. It took only couple of hours to build and working pretty much as expected. Very lightweight and fragile but should be alright if one doesn't go berserk with it. :)

Few images (click to enlarge):

View attachment 5681

View attachment 5684

View attachment 5682

View attachment 5683

Hilarious but does the job. :) For all of you DIYs out there having the same problem and willing to spend 10 bucks or so. :)