The "rFactor Modding Showcase".

Discussion in 'Modding' started by FuNK!, Jan 27, 2019.

1. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

You must have some heated discussions with yourself.
    "I want it to look like this"..."How in the world can I build that?"
    "I've just made a few little design changes"..."Which will now require major structural changes!"

I work as a steelfixer in high rise construction and there's nothing worse than when the builder gives you a new revision of the plans, or worse when you do the work according to the plan but the engineer inspecting the work wants extra steel that's wasn't even on the plans. :mad:

mantasisg likes this.
  2. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Yes makes you appreciate the whole process. Especially for the serious, high volume projects.

A lot of structural engineers are quite difficult to communicate, so I am not surprised if some projects become such a mess, if architect and/or structural engineer aren't competent, or/and if architect has only his left side of the brain working, and structural engineer only has developed the right side of his brain through his life, then it is not surprising that connection sometimes doesn't happen....

Also IDK how it is in your country, and where you are working. But it is also common practice that those projects are being made so much faster, than they should be, in my country it feels almost like the only thing that is valuable is how much a person can do in as little time as possible and as cheaply as possible (of course). Simply an awesome way to increase chance for a failure, reduce quality, and then of course loose time and money/value as a result. P.S. Also I was pushed to work in my spare time not even as overtime, but as for homework, because you know you have to devote yourself...

ADSTA likes this.
  3. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Any more advices for the car today ?

Here is a link, not posting pictures directly, because it is apparently a shameful thing to showcase your work.

https://imgur.com/a/2vnOzEI

4. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

Wouldn't it be great to have this in rF2!?
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    (Rendered with new Blender2.80 using EVEE - really like it! and it's so faaaaaaaast!)

Rastas likes this.
  5. Rastas

Rastas Registered

Ohh yes :)

6. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

So I am replying to myself because I found this cool addon for blender, check this out:

It should be interesting.

Edit: tried it for this place. And wasn't impressed too much. I think it would be superb for a start from scratch, but now not so useful as I do have this little bit progressed from the past. Elevations from google maps are varying from slightly off to very off at places, and and the building that got imported weren't satisfying at all, at least for this place.

P.S. I have just checked this same place in google earth pro, and elevations looks +/- good there and it also has proper models of pyramids and sphynx.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
    Akela_DE likes this.