The rFactor 2 guide (for new and advanced users)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Remco Majoor, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

So I decided to start a guide for rFactor 2. Since the rF2 their own guides are for the more advanced users who already know the basics, I decided to make one that starts from the beginning. from starting up rF2 for the first time.

I am very open to help, and actually would love to. I don't know everything myself and of course get stuff wrong too.

This is very early in the works, so not a lot is on there yet. I hope this will grow a lot though to make this software easier accessible and easier to find stuff that you might have forgotten.

For now the link is: https://tclfdude.wixsite.com/rf2guide

Stuff on the to do list:
    • Make more guides
    • Maybe instead of using google docs, put it directly on the site so stuff can be found across the site.
    • Make more guides
    • Make an easier to find domain.

If you have any own guides to add, or anything you find what needs to be edited, you can contact me in PM or just drop a message in this thread. I hope this will grow to be something very helpful!

Mitch9, bwana, Hazi and 1 other person like this.
  2. Woodee

Woodee Registered

atomed and Remco Majoor like this.
  3. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

4. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

@Remco Majoor

I think it is very important that the new user can know what to buy/download for free, in terms of cars and track.

Important to say that tracks + cars DLC are really really good.

I propose these 2 lists which are to be completed or modified if you wish.

1) CARS :

I recommend, especially for reasons of realism (assumed) and because the graphics and sounds are generally good :

- 100% official S397 cars of the last 4 years (to be listed and clearly distinguished from ISI cars, which admittedly do not are not bad, but they do not represent what the game is and the official content in terms of philosophy + physics + graphics + sounds).

- The last 3 mods of SlowMotion (F3, Metalmoro MR1, Palatov D4).

2) CIRCUITS :

I recommend the modders :

- Pixsim
    - Senormen
    - heikki21
    - lemax
    - Nibiru
    - odb (many excellent circuits)
    - da-digga
    - schumi21

Then we must advise the laser circuits, including saying that 3 eprix are scanned.

Recommend all the tracks made by S397 by recommending the essentials (in particular Le Mans, Nurburgring, Monaco, Sebring....).

Recommend all the tracks made by ISI which are of good quality (Atlanta Motorsport Park ...).

Of course these 2 lists are to be enriched with my omissions, to be detailed, and if you see an error, do not hesitate to delete it.

Remco Majoor likes this.
  5. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

Thank you for your input. Definitely some good ideas I will try to add

DrivingFast likes this.