The rFactor 2 Blog | Cars (Part 1 of 2)

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Nov 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

You're so wrong lol... Mods can have superior quality to S397... S397 has a lot of issues in cars too, so I am not sure what you are talking about. You know that S397 aren't even the original RF2 dev right? They are sort of a mod team and there are a lot of professional mod teams. Whatever fits you though.

Magus likes this.
  2. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

sorry, all the paid s397 DLCs for cars and tracks are far far superior to any mod. That's a good point for s397 about the paid content, I have to admit that the s397 work with the paid DLCs is amazing, but there is not enough content.
    I won't use the crappy free mods, even free, it's always too much.
    Tha gap between s397 paid DLCs vs crappy free mods is too much big, like the gap ACC vs rF2.
    If I use rF2 it's not for the mods, but for the high quality of the few paid DLCs content, I won't recommend for any new user to use rF2 for the mods.The only good point about the mods is for the skins.
    ACC is a success cause the quality of the official content is very high, we finally don't care about the mods, it's a detail, and we can add any skin mods in ACC...

Last edited: Nov 21, 2021
  3. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

I strongly privilegiate S397 cars but some car mods are incredible.

Test GP3 from slowmotion group (marcoround on workshop)
    You just drive a real car

But for me only a FEW car mods are the same quality concerning physics compared to S397 cars.

Official generally mean very high quality.

Nieubermesch likes this.
  4. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

I can point you to dozens of cars that have better physics or less problems then some of the S397 cars have, specially tire model. There are some really awesome cars to drive... Some of them might not even be that simillar to handling of the actual counterpart in real life, but it's so well done and nice to drive that, does that really matter sometimes? It's like they created the car here and if things aren't behaving crazyily and being overly difficult or overly easy, then it's a propper nice car to drive that challenges you. If it doesn't have obvious and blatant issues and you don't know the car so well, you can have a lot of fun and be a car that is better then one that was made to be as realistic as the real life counterpart and failed with serious issues...

5. sg333

sg333 Registered

Paid or free, I have yet to come across a 10/10 car. There's always something that lets it down.

Nieubermesch likes this.
  6. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

I also privilege them, mostly, but is S397 really known for assured quality? Some mod teams have more quality assurance the S397, and I' sorry I totally believe that. I bought all content moslty and love a lot of things, but they also failed and drag bugs and flaws for years... It's not really intelligent to be biased towards them like this.

7. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

Welcome to Sims! :D:D:rolleyes:

8. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

I think its hard
    Thats not my must have car

But 488 gte + gt3 are clearly 10/10 cars. I dont like much monoplace, but Fpro + all tatuus are probably 10/10. Just some example.

Nieubermesch likes this.
  9. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

It's not really possible, knowing RF2 is lacking some Aero variables in it's code and tires aren't going to be one to one ever with real life, or any other part of simulation - but some are not as complex to simulate and aren't under the same scrutiny by the player and all because they are less in the front line of things one feel when driving a car.

10. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

Can you point them, I take my popcorn.

11. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

What I mean is 10/10 is VS and compared to othe rF2 available on rF2 + on ALL other sims.

A better gt3 like the 488 in other rF2 mod or other sim?
    For me no, not perfect but the best of all mods and all sims.

Same for tatuus.

But thats my opinion and my perception. Of course.

And compared with RL its obligatory less than 10/10.......

Nieubermesch likes this.
  12. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

Yeah, I just meant that no problems will be impossible, like the user above said and I also experience it alot, because we also have the issue of driving with a steering wheel FFB wich sometimes leaves much to be desired depending on how the FFB is done and translates the car handling. I don't need 10/10 and because of that there are also lots of mods that I don't even or will ever probably be doing the work to know how realistic compared to real life they are... It's quite difficult to do that and impractible, so many cars that I have aren't based only on that, at least to an exaggerated degree. If it's S397 I actually will be much more demanding of them being as close to it as possible, not just being a great car to drive with great physics but not quite up there to the real life counterpart... What I mean is that some cars just need to drive well and believable enough to me without stupid problems and exploits like those known of some S397 cars... If I can live with that I can also live with Mod teams making awesome cars to drive that maybe are a little lacking in data but drive more believable then others with supposed real data everywhere because they messed them up in the aero or tires somehow, or suspensions...

I will be putting here the list for the Workshop of my favourite modded cars. One of them is very recent and it's the new Mazda wich has awesome tires and FFB! Lovely car and based on realistic data and real driver @David O'Reilly

13. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

Let me go through the list in my steam workshop then.

14. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

15. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

16. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

Ahahahahahahah. What a credibility you have yo say that like that right?

What a smartass you are.

Juergen-BY likes this.
  17. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

18. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

19. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

so you confirm what I've said, crappy free mods.

20. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

I also have some other paid content that is fine, but since it's paid it's not like I'm going to link that, as it deafeats the purpose of linking free mods that are great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.