The REIZA DLC.....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dady Cairo, Oct 11, 2018.

1. felthat

felthat Registered

because its low budget, quickly made game :p

2. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I just tried Civic, and I really like it. Feels like less camber, and more open diff settings help to reduce the torque effects while cornering. I wouldn't call it extreme, at least with my T300, perhaps "bold" would be appropriate word. Also this torque steer seems to happen only while cornering, this makes me wonder if it is really that much of a torque steer thing. In my understanding torque steer is more of driving in straight line thing, or more accurately the diffivulty to drive in straight line on power, or on coasting. That partical thing doesn't seem strong with Civic, I bet with narrower tires and less power it would be almost unnoticeable.

Thats how extreme torque steer looks ike:

What other fwd car are there in rF2 ?

3. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

I wonder if Reiza will be dumb and choose an engine without triple screen support. Seems like such a dumb move when in the sim business.

vegaguy5555, coltair and McKiernan like this.
  4. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Is there any engine made for multiple use that support triples? Makes no sense for these to add such feature since only simracing makes use of it. And now you got VR and 32:9 screens triples are even less likely to get support on new software

mr.Sw1tchblade likes this.
  5. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Well, if you make a sim it seems very weird to say "fuck you" to all the sim pit people. The reason i didnt even try ACC.

Binny and vegaguy5555 like this.
  6. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

Imagine Reiza quality and refinement on S397 content in trade for S397 deep technical abilities applied to advance the next title. I'm sure there are things they could do for one another. For example: I would like to see the drive-train physics model brought up to match that of iRacing, linked dynamically with the power-train audio. Such collaboration could improve both titles in multiple ways; driving dynamics and bump & curb interaction / engine & gear-box audio / gear-wobble effects / drive-train damage / motion effects - just for starters.

7. felthat

felthat Registered

I'd rather license the engine and do my thing :rolleyes: by S397 deep technical abilities i hope you dont mean ui implementation :p
    (keep in mind i had merging in mind, while asking the question; many thing can be achieved without it)

8. stonec

stonec Registered

It's also easier to polish when the entire AMS game has been more or less stable for close to two years. Actually you could argue that Reiza does mostly work like a modding team, whereas S397 has changed core aspects of the game.

M D Gourley and RaceNut like this.
  9. gabrielof

gabrielof Registered

Hey guys, it seems like our community forget to give credits to S397, just to remember you that Marcel and crew have worked on AMS and coded core changes that improved UI, physics, track conditions, gearbox modelling, and even added flatspots and many more.
    My point is that S397 is very capable and working in the half backed rF2 engine is a completely different thing compared to the battle proof rF1.
    I praise work done from both studios.

10. johnsclander

johnsclander Registered

At this moment i only care what Reiza and Studio397 can do. And of course Dirt 2.0.

On the other hand, you got ACC (0 interest right now) and....GTR3. I would love it to be a successor of GTR2, wich i highly doubt, unfortunately.

Alessio Feletto and Rui Santos like this.
  11. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

ACC at version 0.5.2 is really good racing experience
    no more out of sync handling

M D Gourley likes this.
  12. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Whats "out of sync handling", is that about online ? I haven't used too much online in ACC yet.

13. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

@mantasisg
    no i speak for offline
    i did a mistake and said out of sync
    but i meant input lag
    sorry
    for many version in competizione i had input lag which was terrible and annoying
    very bad ar handling
    now its fixed for me at least

mr.Sw1tchblade, Emery and Korva7 like this.
  14. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

huh? you quoted someone talking about polishing content. Art team is not coding... none of current rF2 problems stop the art team from using all the game can do.
    I bet this Reiza pack will be superior to the 3 DLC released till today regarding art and getting things properly adjusted....

15. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Nice. I also thought that you might be reffering to "delayed" FFB. Which I thought felt very natural, but was disliked by many AC fans. But it was only in first realease, though I saw some reporting "still not like AC" which I thought was funny, like if they are supposed to simulate AC lol

Anyway, we are quite offtopic.

So what are most popular bets for additional cars and tracks for the Reiza bundle ? :) For me thats great news. Has to be something more novel, less mainstream, not very tough on licensing.

16. Godwind Racing

Godwind Racing Registered

In fact the AJR is LMP3 [source] which is why in Endurance Brasil, where the three Reiza cars built to compete there, the costlier GT3s simetimes win (series' Youtube channel)

17. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

S397s work looks like an modders work too, lots of aspects not finished or functioning

fab06 and mr.Sw1tchblade like this.
  18. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Yeah there was an interview with one of the car guys saying it could compete with a LMP2 however in an actual race this is not happening, the AJR struggle to pass a GT3.

19. Godwind Racing

Godwind Racing Registered

Whilst I agree but that's videogames for ya; AC and PC2, AFAIK, was incomplete when their devs decided to bugger off to make their sequels

20. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Considering the amazing work Reiza did with rFactor1 engine, i wonder what they could do with rFactor2 engine! Probably the pinnacle of simulation...