The REIZA DLC.....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dady Cairo, Oct 11, 2018.

1. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I very much agree, except about handling of Puma GTE. I think it is very drivable, it is just so much different than any other car. I actually ended up using slight error in steering degrees so I don't have ultra precise steering, IDK it made me more immersed.

Puma GTE is very much a momentum car, and keeping the momentum is rightfully challenging. I think. If you'd have easily correctable slides it would be boring as hell, then it would feel terribly slow, underpowered and so on... Now I do 1'35 at Goodwood, and it feels mega fast. Thats how speed works, it is not meters per second, but fear/challenge per second :D

Also comparison of Puma GTE vs Lola T280 is simply unfair. Totally different tires and wheels, very different trackwidths. Puma is rear engined. No rear wing, even though it has little edge up, I don't think that it spoils airflow downwards very much and probably still has some rear end lift ? It certainly has no downforce.

Zoaal likes this.
  2. LokiD

LokiD Registered

no its not a question. according to reiza they were.

@hitm4k3r and no amount of long winded postings going to tell me what I think about old ISI cars FFB, there a reason why Borda had to fix the tyre model. But eh if you like it that that's on you. I don't and that's on me. Understood?

Maked me laugh about ppl not liking the Vee as its probably the most challenging new car in rf2 among the on rails GT cars. ha

Maybe if people learnt to drive it?

Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
    bwana and mr.Sw1tchblade like this.
  3. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

No complaints from here to physics or ffb. I had to use a bit more filter from simucube compared to latest s397 cars, but after that all the feels very good to me. Puma gte is maybe my favourite at the moment. Nice "slide and chill" car :)

Btw. if some one finds it too difficult to control slides in formula vee, using less steering lock ie. having faster steering might help. I remember using much faster steering for that car in ams.

mr.Sw1tchblade and LokiD like this.
  4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Can you link to that? I don't believe it's the case.

Which fix are we talking about? Can you point it out and explain its effects on FFB?

vittorio and Daytona 675 like this.
  5. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

I think the Lola is in comparison with the MCR car, very similar design of machines.

Driving the Puma GTE, it's actually pretty good for ffb. Can feel the weight transfer, can balance the rear when it steps out and it's pretty fun but slow. Different challenge, so probably good on tight tracks like Oulton. It's tyres (tgm) seem to be multiplied as the ai have tiny tyres. Red is me, green is ai. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

The two South American tracks in the pack and very impressive have great detail and feel. A couple of the best looking tracks in rf2.
    I did not enjoy driving the puma GTE and formula vee last night but really enjoyed the MRC 2000 on getting tonight and the mr18 on Ibarra tonight.

muzikant likes this.
  7. Daytona 675

Daytona 675 Registered

One short post:
    Nonsense, whether you like it or not old ISI cars FFB, maybe in your mind the above estatement is true.
    You mean this fix : https://www.studio-397.com/2017/12/6512/
    It may be that my reading comprehension is not at all good and even less in English.
    Where is the FFB mentioned or any bug in the FFB that is corrected with the tire model fix we are talking about?

8. LokiD

LokiD Registered

My understanding of the fix is that tyres dont lose as much feedback when sliding at slip angle. My biggest issue of older cars was the way at high speed and when you lose traction, The wheel would drop in force, although representing grip loss it was too much and it felt too slidey, like being on ice.

Now we don't get as much of a sudden drop off in grip and in turn ffb loss when At slip angle. And for me it's a massive difference.. One I can't go back from.

I Could be wrong. But that's my interpretation.

9. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Whoa thats interesting. Actually, I think, AI tires looks normal. Player tires look like if they are offroad wheels, or at maximum expansion due to a lot of RPM

10. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Fun fact is, non of the tyre model updates have anything to do with FFB. Atleast not directly. The reason I mentioned the T280 is pretty simple aswell. It is a 3rd party mod that last got an update in 2015. Same as with the old historic cars from ISI, you can feel how the tire touches the road, even with my low budget DFGT. You can even feel how the sidewall of the tire flexes along those sidewalks at historic Monaco. That's just how good the FFB for those old 'crap' ISI cars is. And you can tell me what you want, but no other consumer sim on the market does it with the same fidelity. The Puma GTE isn't giving this kind of FFB tough. Over the tarmac patches at Imola it just feels numb, even under high suspension load. I am not saying that the physics are crap, but the FFB isn't telling alot, atleast on my hardware. It just feels like a death trap. Got to admit though that I was suprised to see the car maxing at 160+ before turn in at Tosa. It just doesn't communicate well on my end.

11. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

I think tire model has impact on ffb, because the ffb is derived from the physics. I agree with that the ffb of some older ISI cars feels great and might be more informative than the new ones, but also i think that the ffb with newer cars might be closer to what it feels like in real life.
    Then to LokiD about having more feed back at higher slips angles with newer tires; Isn't the mercedes using the latest cpm 2 tires? I thought you didn't like the ffb of that car. Imo the lack of resistance on high slip angles is more about the suspension geometry, but tires and contact patch modeling propably has impact on that too.

12. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Pneumatic trail is directly related to slip angles and load. And no one is talking about it. Ever. As well as mechanical trail. And what is resultant force at the contact patch ? Why steering forces has to be scaled down. And how oversteer influences front steer. What the steering arm does, whats the difference where it is placed. What is scrub radius... how everything in a car affects how loads are distributed... it is crazt :D

So basically cars can and should have very different feel, and I think it is fair to like or dislike. But don't blame developers that you like the car or not, unless you have some specific feedback IMO

Emery, mr.Sw1tchblade and Korva7 like this.
  13. Bernd

Bernd Registered

I would say, that there is something not well made in the mod.
    In devmode, you can switch between old (tbc based) and new (uses tgm) tire system.
    And if a mod is well done and all the size values of the 3d meshes, the tbc and the tgm match each other, you don't see any difference in the tiresize, when you do that switch and also not in the single player.
    Or the tires are much too soft and deform too much.

14. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Just went around historic Ibara race track, it must have been crazy like classic Spa. And even more.

[​IMG]

As much as I like new track, there is one turn that I really dislike, even though it might be good for racing, but in my mind it spoils the flow of whole circuit, I wish there was layout with "shortcut" like that. Or the next one, either one of those two I dislike :D
    [​IMG]

mr.Sw1tchblade and Korva7 like this.
  15. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

It's either the AI (tbc) size is too small, or the the player (TGM) is wrongly sized. Nothing else, the 3d model of the tyres (at least for height) is adjusted according to the TGM. So my understanding is it's a poor tgm if the AI has the right size tyres. But likewise it could be they forgot to update the tbc size with the tgm.

16. LokiD

LokiD Registered

That's true about the merc. How comes that shows old ffb traits?

tlsmikey likes this.
  17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@LokiD because what you think is old ffb is actually vehicle geometry. The tyre model change/fix will have an effect on ffb, but it's not going to change the character of a car (or all cars, the same way).

18. LokiD

LokiD Registered

just strange how that merc feels totally different to all the other gt cars. Its not ever going to that much different?!

Im sure a real driver would chuck that back at the engineer if he had to drive that.

I believe the merc is screwed up somewhere. Something is wrong with it.

tlsmikey likes this.
  19. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

I doubt that a driver would throw back the car to his engeneers for "ffb reasons."

The car behaves really good, and is on par with other GT3 cars. It's just the ffb that with some wheels, with some settings, in some tracks with some setups becomes really light, clearly for the low caster angle as we are used to it in gmotor sims.
    I like it with my TS PC.

kimbo and juanchioooo like this.
  20. LokiD

LokiD Registered

you know what I meant