The REIZA DLC.....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dady Cairo, Oct 11, 2018.

1. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

Hum maybe we should be honest each other...we like rF2 but the game itself is a mess...content quality isn't consistent at all, some cars still waiting to be update others never will, some tracks looks dated others are still to be finished...
    Some features are still missing, from proper gearbox to drive-train, every new car/track release I think they are adding content that will need an update in the future like the old one...
    Sometimes I think rF2 users are still here because loyal to an "idea" (what F2 could be) than to a real thing...

bears, mr.Sw1tchblade and PieroX like this.
  2. LokiD

LokiD Registered

to be honest im literally bored of having the same debate in sim racing.

hey whats the flight sim scene like? imagine more of the same?

3. Filip

Filip Registered

Some like me just love the driving feel despite all those imperfections and content inconsistencies you mentioned.
    There is no bigger "idea" in my case except enjoying immersive driving feel.
    Simple as that.

4. stonec

stonec Registered

Not exactly true. If you check some graphs in this thread, you can see that there comes a point at which the self-aligning torque approaches zero, in some cases even becomes slightly negative, as the slip angle increases.
    This is misinformation. I've read the blogs and there was nothing regarding FFB that was fundamentally wrong and then fixed in later tire models. The CPM tire model was introduced in 2015 and brought a more accurate contact patch. Then there was another small refimenement to tire model calculations in 2017 by S397. Nothing was hinted towards anything to do with FFB.

The F2 car with "limp" steering received feedback from a real F2 driver. Whether it's correct or not, who knows.

Daytona 675 likes this.
  5. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

@DaVeX i m not here because of loyality
    but because i try them all
    of course i aggree that rf2 needs more developing so we better suggest must have features and physics addittions and make them listen to us.
    can we do this ?

6. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I don't think that we possess them :D

I think you could more easily destroy the whole project that way.

Of course not saying anything about feedback and criticism, opinions... but we shuldn't be "making" them to do anything.

7. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Notnthat I want to argue a crap about this but it's seem the newer tyres have rectified this awful light feeling otherwise new gt cars would feel like the old isi ones. But hey Im sure there's some reason and tbh I'm beyond caring all I know is the new cars are miles better for me on my t300

8. Lu ManiaK

Lu ManiaK Registered

I have a t300 too. For me, the old 370z, C6 GT2 and GTR GT1 are the state of the art in FFB. It is not matter of ffb. Your problems are more radicated in setup.
    And, after that, you have also to consider what the real cars can do taking a look on footage that you can see on youtube.

mesfigas likes this.
  9. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

Quite similar opinion for me except the immersion part...there is always something ruining it for me...but this is just my opinion so...:D

10. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

immersion oscar goes to pcars 2

11. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

Well if you like Michael Bay movies...lol

UsedMomo likes this.
  12. Filip

Filip Registered

For me too. I'm in desperate need to upgrade my hardware (which is not not very hard) to next immersion level.

Btw when talking about immersive I'm not sure if rf2 is most authentic/realistic, I'm constantly rethinking that (plenty of odd stuff in replays when overdriving cars).
    But for me it is definitely most engaging/fun*. That was never dilemma.

*Not arcade fun bouncing of walls of course. Most engaging in a sense that there is more feedback from physics and ffb and more input required.

13. DustySticks

DustySticks Registered

Soooooo anywaysssszzz about that Reiza DLC releasing soon. Hoping Reiza meet their new March release date

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    Emery and LokiD like this.
  14. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Is it bad because of that or is it because we overdrive sim cars because we arent afraid of death? Honest question.

pkelly and LokiD like this.
  15. LokiD

LokiD Registered

I would say another week or so its not entirely finished yet.. I don't think.

16. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

No, rF2 fans know that nothing comes from night to day, like someone said "Rome wasn't built in a day", i'm sure future will be bright for this sim, just let them work and be patient...

17. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I understand that I am adding to offtopic, but I feel we will be back on it very soon and for good, hopefully.

I wouldn't go so extreme and say certainly that drivers are afraid of death, though it is probably always there naturally. I think there are so much more other things that makes drivers more cautious. Like fear of injuries, damaged car, expensive repairs and expenses in general, reputation, ruined weekends, switching races into parades by causing full course yellow, responsibility for the team, sponsors...

I think for that reason simracers shouldn't complain about lack of "seat feel", if anything simulation should be a bit harder than reality, certainly not easier. So I think overdriving should be not less punishing than IRL.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    Alex72 likes this.
  18. Shin

Shin Registered

Simulation should never be harder than reality. Nor should it be easier than reality. The point of a simulation is to simulate conditions with approximate accuracy as close as possible to the real physical conditions the simulated logic is trying to represent.

All racing simulators try to approximate reality in different ways of approaching the situational and logical math problems that are presented. This doesn't make your not-favourite simulations WRONG only DIFFERENT because they are trying to approximate reality focusing on other conditions.

Computers aren't at a point where a fully realistic vehicle dynamics simulation can be developed for consumer use. Even rFPro suffers in some ways when it comes to its data vs reality.

For these reasons I think we should continue down the road we're already on and not make 'simulations' easier or harder. Just as simulated as they can be made.

pkelly, tpw and Emery like this.
  19. stonec

stonec Registered

Again more off topic, but I think his point was that simulation is harder than reality not in the sense that sim physics are necessarily different, but simply due to lack of the extra sensory cues you get from real racing. If I drive a car at 300 km/h into a corner, the ridiculously high G-forces alone would make me "respect" the corner more. The extra feeling in your back from these G-forces will help to make you feel the car on the limit, which is why some real racers talk about feeling the car on the limit in their back or spine. In sim racing all of this is missing, so you rely to a high degree on visual and auditory cues. FFB is only able to partly compensate for this lack of spine sensation.

My theory is that this is the reason why real racers like Hamilton or Raikkonen don't fancy simulators much, even when we talk about simulators that have been built with millions of dollars to replicate reality. Bono Huis actually managed to beat all real Formula E drivers when racing against them in rFactor 2 Vegas event in 2017.

Filip likes this.
  20. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Of course. I just took the most extreme example. I just mean that when we dont have to care about injury, damage or death we can drive like maniacs and perhaps the phsyics/FFB goes bad when we "overdrive" the cars. I Always had this thing of driving the cars more realistically. This means im mid pack but the cars also feel great and respond great. When i start pushing it it starts to feel weird and you lose a bit of Connection to the cars.