The REIZA DLC.....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dady Cairo, Oct 11, 2018.

1. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

Drive a group C car in AMS properly modelled like this:

Then you will understand why we ask for "unimplemented" features and how the lack of them is the "easy way" to deal with clutch and shifter in a sim so why we should bother to use auto-clutch and paddles instead?
    I am slow and not skilled at all but if I have some free time to learn how properly drive such beasts I prefer doing that on a simulator with a proper clutch/shifter, you know...to learn you need to fail, miss gear or burn something...or it will be the same than the "easy way"...

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
    Alex72, mesfigas and Ari Antero like this.
  2. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

You never know with Reiza. Maybe we will get better gearbox somehow. I wont even rule out magic.

3. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

To make things clear, I wish for this type of things too. But my point was that if a person simply doesn't use his available controllers if he is able to do it so, then he will probably continue doing so even with all the spicy stuff being implemented. I wouldn't feel much difference because I use clutch and Hshifter all time with appropriate cars, but it would be awesome if simulator would show results of clutch burning.

I say don't use brake pedal, because pads knock off never happen in simracing. Stop using it, it is same logic - not complete, so don't use. Oh you can not ?

I think, people, we need to understand the shear mass of things that are wished upon, and what it takes to make them happen. So we can wish all we want, and post passive aggressive wishlist ultimatums like "I will not use it because it is incomplete, plsfixit", but it is possible what is possible and priorities are priorities.

4. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

I think people know that Manta. rF2 is great in so many areas that it just feel weird gearbox isnt and one can hope they take a look at it.

RaceNut likes this.
  5. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

@mantasisg I partially agree, no one here used to be aggressive, Dan just said he doesn't use it as me and everyone here not using it have different reasons. In my case is the lack of skill, in multy race I would surely go with paddles to avoid incidents with others but, at the same time, if I need to practice with gearbox I prefer to do that on AMS than rF2 due the lack of proper gearbox simulation.
    About priorities...gearbox should be a priority way before new content releases...imo of course...
    I am on Reiza Beta too and starting MR18 with first gear but no clutch is odd...try to do the same on AMS and you are fucked lol.

Alex72 and mantasisg like this.
  6. AMillward

AMillward Registered

The high end Fanatec pedals have rumble motors built in to simulate ABS.

Alex72 likes this.
  7. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

You can have rumble motors no matter the brand:

8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Do you know how many miles of cabling I'd have under my desk if I tried to add those to my pedals???

9. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

Just 1 USB cable and 1 power cable, if you look around on google you will find a lot of examples how to mount it properly and how to add rumble motors to shifter and clutch pedal too.
    There is a 3D printed BOSH like enclosure you can mount near to pedals...;)

10. LokiD

LokiD Registered

teaser:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

tracks look stunning btw a great fit for rf2!

Alex72, jayarrbee36, Mauro and 3 others like this.
  11. GeraArg

GeraArg Registered

The formula Vee for online racing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

pkelly, Emery and Alex72 like this.
  12. DustySticks

DustySticks Registered

Where were these teases?

13. LokiD

LokiD Registered

these are my steam screenshots.

14. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

You asked for permission?
    In case you didn't ask better remove those pics, if they said yes I have some to share too, lol.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2019
  15. lagg

lagg Registered

Too late.
    Those pictures arrived to me by Whatsapp

16. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Not sure 3 little pics will hurt anyone. If anything it's publicity.

But yes I'll take them off. Since I'm one of only two people actually giving feedback on the forums. Oh dave ur the other one lol

These people who signed up For a free ride without giving nothing. Well what can I say suppose I'm slightly not happy.

17. Travis

Travis Registered

Please note there are those of us who have requested to assist with the DLC who hold down full time jobs and will assist Reiza when we can as stated when we signed up to help! Many of the same people will be receiving the DLC for free as members of the crowd funding too.

Given Dave posted yesterday on how to DL the DLC packs & feedback threads were posted today, give people some time to at least DL and install the packages before you post about who is providing feedback etc. Further, I didn't get any notifications either that I'd be accepted to test.

marvelharvey likes this.
  18. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

Lol don't start a fight guys, different timezones, different work, etc everyone will help as much as they can (as usual) and to be honest the results until now have been damn good so, even if I understand LokiD point, I agree with Travis, too early to be worried about neta resuts also Reiza speed on fixing bugs is awesome ;)

19. DustySticks

DustySticks Registered

How does the AJR compare to the Oreca? Also how does the MR18 compare to the Norma?

20. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Absolutely love the first screen, looks perfect. Bugged by rimblur in the second and gaps between dust effects. Bugged by darkness and cars with no headlights combination lol also that center vehicle doesn't have blurred rims. Yah I'm that kind of look at wheels guy lol

mr.Sw1tchblade likes this.