The planned Future of rF2

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by pilAUTO, Jan 8, 2021.

1. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

I want to know what is the planned future of rF2, in the short and medium term in particular, knowing of course that the plans can evolve over time and circumstances.

Knowing really concrete, on most aspects of simulation, priorities (outside the competition system).

Of course, this could appear in a monthly roadmap looking to the future, or to another method of communication.

It is reasonable to say that the plans could evolve and that it would not be an absolute commitment, and especially that all the information which one could qualify as strategic could (and should) be omitted.

I have noted a few things about the future of rF2, but honestly not much concrete is known (exept syst compet).

Besides, in my opinion, that's why your fans are so frustrated, we need to know where rF2 is taking us.

2. Tomislav Leskovic

Tomislav Leskovic Registered

So tell me one thing, when you buy new shoes, do you need to know where factory is going next? I don't understand this mindset that paying some amount of money entitles you to something. We don't need to know anything. Good of them if they let us know...but demanding it...please get a grip. Only thing frustrating is this.

3. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

@Tomislav Leskovic

I don't require anything, I ask politely, you see the difference ?

And for the record, if it's important for me to know, it's that I only use rF2.

The possible improvements in my simulation experience depend only on the positive evolution of rF2 and also on the purchase of better hardware.

RoboCAT10, memoNo1 and mantasisg like this.
  4. Tomislav Leskovic

Tomislav Leskovic Registered

I haven't come here to argue or something, just wanted to point out that they are not obliged to do anything...and bold is were I point that you didn't asked but demanded. Anyways, not replying anymore to this.

Jarno and Dave^ like this.
  5. Dave^

Dave^ Registered

Exactly this!

The game/sim/whatever is what it is, if S397 were to shut up shop tonight, they owe you nothing.

I don't get the entitlement mentality on here, I really don't!

trichens and Jarno like this.
  6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I've yet to see any Dev give concrete plans about anything as Software development can change and shift at any given time for reasons and sometimes no reasons whatsoever, last years start of the Pandemic is one example of how things drastically changed for the entire Sim Racing landscape....anyway...

The only way to get any sort of idea of future plans, be them short or long term, is when the Devs release Roadmaps on a monthly basis. Occasionally they may do an exclusive Interview and other times they may just mention something off hand on a Forum or Discord, but there is one thing for sure, they are not going to tell us what other Concrete plans they may have as they may change at some point...see my first paragraph.

It's ok to want to know the future of RF2, but we don't have a Right to know, so enjoy the Roadmaps and use them as a source of future information*.

*Just on that note the last Roadmap was a look back at 2020, generally most Roadmaps look forward. :)

7. TTM

TTM Registered

A lot of work/fixes for ui and competition system in first half of 2021. New cars and tracks as dlc in 2021. Hopefully they also have time to fix many old bugs.

Nieubermesch likes this.
  8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Going back to the ISI days, we were looking forward to cloud-affected track temperature and improved drivetrain simulation (to pick two examples), both mentioned by 2013 so surely (surely!) can't happen any later than 2015.

So: don't rely too much on plans. Get/do whatever suits you best right now, or wait and look around at a later date.

9. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

Or maybe we could hope that the roadmaps are a little more forward-looking.

10. vittorio

vittorio Registered

* Roadmaps are a good source for short/medium-term planning (well thought out, to not say something wrong)
    * don't expect much posts at rF2 forum disclosure rF2 planings. cause they are searchable (either well thought out like Roadmaps or none)
    * rF2 discord often is a good source what S397 is thinking about various topics. quick information not well thought out cause rF2 discord is not that searchable

Still for me the best source where rF2 is heading to is the mindset of S397-> They are in their heart simracing freaks! While people fear rF2 wont get physics updates, i don't. Cause i know they are simracing freaks. And I also know too that rF2 has to be competitive, so the focus ATM is at graphics, new UI and new Competition system. Physics improvements will come, for sure.

11. TheMenace

TheMenace Registered

o_O
    [​IMG]
    :rolleyes:

Searchable enough for me to find that... :cool:

Nieubermesch and yoss like this.
  12. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I'd say say of course thats what the roadmaps are for, and they regularly mention or hints their plans and current development activities. A little example, there was once a roadmap this year that just mentioned planing for further physics development. So it means there is some will to do it, and thats all we know now.

Besides that it is not hard to say what takes most of S397 resources, it is undeniably bugs squashing, UI work, Competition system work, graphical improvements. I'd say that this particular year was very productive comparing to few previous years, and I am personally very happy, although fanboys will strangle me for any kind of criticism I have.... because it is selfish... and you are selfish too because you want to know something, you want your knowledge of rF2 future to get expanded - it is bad and entitled, man (just joking, nothing wrong with that).

Now I can tell you my predictions, as I am Nostradamus of simracing with 95% accuracy (just joking). S397 main aim will continue to be getting online activity up and its quality up. Very important will be eSports, very important. UI and competition system will be continued to get polished and improved (UI will not get better design, however modders will make better design mod, but underlying S397 UI foundations improvements will be very good), there will still be painful and annoying bugs squashing so ultimate bugs catcher - Max Verstappen finally will have no problem with rF2, there will be few pleasant graphical improvements and several nicely updated tracks, cars will remain to be only the ones that has "eSports" thing going on, physics of cars will became further easier to handle, there will be no physics and AI impromvements at least for 18 more months, after 12th months rF2 will show 781 average players per last 30 days on steamcharts.org and in comparison AC will hit over 10 000 and ACC will reach 3700, I will keep on posting useless stuff instead of just going to watch some old race and drink some beer.

13. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

Ahahahahaha