Released The New UI is Here! (Instructions on How to Opt-in)

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

Cattura1.PNG

Quite strange bug, in the save setup page, in the setup name label, the number pad doesn't work well, only the numbers 0,3,5 and 9 works. No, is not my numberpad to be faulty :) a mate of mine confirmed me this behaviour.

GT_ONE and F1Aussie like this.
  2. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Correct. Has already been mentioned.

Daniele Vidimari likes this.
  3. GuitarTech

GuitarTech Registered

Strange story, I just wanted to change my password, and somehow the Dashlane Password manager managed to fubar my old forum name. I don't understand it either, and I can't change it back. Maybe a mod could help?

4. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

You just posted that one as GT :)

5. GuitarTech

GuitarTech Registered

Now I‘m really confused:eek:

Emery likes this.
  6. josap97

josap97 Registered

I have been trying the new UI for a bit now and I think that overall it is a major improvement over the old one. There are a number of points that are worse or that I think need to be improved before it makes a public non-beta release:
    • Why is there no lap counter in replay more? This makes it a lot harder to find something you want to see or film after the fact.
    • The new package manager looks better but there really should be a way to sort by installed to quickly see what packages need to be installed still
    • The race mode should be front and centre to instead of having to move over to it, click something and only than being able to select what you want to do
    • (Still left from the old one) It would be great if it were possible to select a list of opponents by specific car not just by class and save that as an AI preset
    • Personally, I think that the vertical scrolling option in the UI is far better than the horizontal one and it might be better to have that as the default option but that might just be personal preference
    • (Still left from the old one) It would be great if it were possible to manually resort cars in their brands
    • I think the setup page was better in being able to be navigated and still having the live replay window there
    • Loading time optimization yes for loading into a race but also when you are moving between elements in the UI
    Some potential new features:
    • Having an option or tool in the game that would automatically create the car icons that are shown in the game to make it easier to find the car and livery you are looking for
    • Being able to unsubscribe from rF2 stock content without automatically being resubscribed and needing to dive into some config files somewhere
    • Having a more free free camera that is not locked to the car
    • (long shot I know) A renderer for hotlaps to export them as a video file, I know that would be an awful lot of work and there are many more important things to be done before that but it would be great to have
    There might be more but these are the main things that come to mind right now. Overall I think it is a great improvement and it makes the game look a lot more modern and fresh. I do like having options for the UI and that you are now able to change some settings when you are in a session that you would have had to back out for before.

I also had a problem that might not have anything to do with the new UI but when exiting a race, the game just decided not to save the replay which it should do and is annoying because it was a good session.

Bostrom, RKing and jayarrbee36 like this.
  7. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

I don't think that will ever happen.
    Being able to edit files to our preference is something that shouldn't be seen as a nuisance or hard work. Imagine if the only changes that could be done were in the UI, everything else was encrypted.
    I've read people say they shouldn't have to edit files, it should all be in the UI. I think going by this beta you can see how that would end up.

8. mixer61

mixer61 Registered

Use the numbers above the letters, not the numpad.

9. Daniele Vidimari

It was a bug report, i know that there are numbers above the letters :rolleyes:

Ho3n3r and Balazs Magyar like this.
  10. jjcook

jjcook Registered

tried this in multiplayer not sure if these issues are mentioned yet:

1. after selecting a server in the list , cant go back to hit refresh list , you are stuck on info from whatever server you selected and can only select another server the refresh button is no longer available unless you exit the list and come back
    you can get back to a full list by clicking the same server twice

2. cant switch cars in practice ie no way to go to car configure screen as used to be available during practice sessions

3. cant browse set up files from other tracks set up folder is locked to the current track, so for example cant load a car set from another track for the same car

4. race settings are not visible on a server only current session shows ie you cant check the length of a race or its server settings for damage tires wear etc

after more testing in multiplayer

5. car status no longer appears in the driver list when a driver crashes, loses the brakes , breaks the suspension or dnf .etc
    6. you can rejoin a multi player race after exiting the track or server click drive again and you start in the garage with a fresh car not sure if thats intended but only available in the new ui

the above are all available in the current interface so hopefully these will be addressed and added to the new one

Last edited: Jan 4, 2020
    Emery, ayrtonforever and Lazza like this.
  11. ayrtonforever

ayrtonforever Registered

and yet in multiplayer you can't save the real road as you can in single player

Rui Santos and Emery like this.
  12. Grahame Myers

Grahame Myers Registered

Test post to see who I turn out to be :D
    Edit: Bugger, where has GuitarTech gone? Thankyou, Dashlane, nice work :(

13. Daniele Vidimari

Cattura1.PNG

This is the classification after a qualifying session online, note the missing time of the leadear and so the GAPS.

Also, online again, the cowntdown before the green flag in the race session is missing (i mean the countdown that indicate you when you can grid your car)

Emery likes this.
  14. Duncan

Duncan Registered

Thanks for this new UI.
    I am in VR and it's a great improvement.
    Now i can read the opponents list and many other things.
    The only thing i find rather annoying is the favorites server refreshing freeze.
    There are some minor things to improve, already listed in another posts, but nothing which makes me back to the old UI.
    Thanks to S397 for this free improvement. :)

RKing likes this.
  15. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I seem to have re-occuring screen rez issues. The new ui often loads at a lower rez and I cannot see the corners. This after setting the Config tool settings before every load. I have to ALT-TAB to get the UI to adopt the screen rez I had selected.
    Also, as reported before, I have to click on the blank white screen to get the UI to finish loading. Minor item, but it's there.

Emery likes this.
  16. Balazs Magyar

Balazs Magyar Registered

Dear New UI,
    please let me cancel loading a track after I accidentally clicked on the race button.

Best regards

Balazs

PS: Especially the Nords!

Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
    josap97, Emery, qusimano and 2 others like this.
  17. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Original but good idea :)

18. Benz

Benz Registered

when you're in the race, in the camera tab, the image is flattened and stretched

19. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

Hi all,
    A few things I've noticed so far :
    "Del" key does not delete the cursor during replay.
    Workshop auto-update does not work anymore. Example, yesterday 01/05/20 (5 janv. à 18h38), Dubaï Autodrome track has been updated and I could not see it downloading while opening Steam as usual… I had to unsubscribe / subscibe manually to get it.

Emery likes this.
  20. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I added two rcmp(I can NEVER remember those initials!) and had to reboot to SEE them in the packages, then reboot again after installing them before I could see them in the race screens.