Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Dec 19, 2019.
Feel free to report in here for now we are closely following along.
This is also still being added.
OK so rf2 has not worked the last couple of days for me
Bought the new DLC tracks but would just love a drive around ANY track at this stage
I have tried clearing the Shaders & Cbash files ... since reinstall CBash file has disappeared ?
Also GT3 DLC Aston's/ Audi/ BMW M6 & Porsche all fail " 1.1 requires unknown base mod " this only seems to show in the old UI .
validated the files & restarted and nothing
Have tried running the New Public Beta UI But still it crashes back to Steam Home
BTW.. it would be far to easy to knock yeas or go on a metal rant as nobody likes their favourite SIM to crash but thats life .. any how Fair play to Chris E & all at S397 putting in the hours at this time of year
Merry Christmas to yeas all
GeForce GTX 1080 TI
ASUS Intel 1151 Socket Z370 Chipset Maximus X Hero D4
Intel i5-8600K CPU @ 3.60GHz
My suggestions for the new UI:
- a dark mode. Blinding white is not cool in a low light room
- no fade out between page transitions. It is cool the first time but makes the UI feel slower
- a 'race' button available from 'session settings' screen to avoid getting back
- ability to use ESC and mouse back button, to go back to previous page
- fonts and car graphics are a bit blurry at 4K, as if the UI was rendered at a lower resolution and then upscaled
- better information density where it makes sense, to avoid the huge number of sections. Old UI was what it was, but low information density was not an issue.
Some had a similar problem when they have a skin pack installed (like VLN) and it relies on the old versions of the GT3 packs.
If you have a skin pack in your packages folder, move it to another folder and see if that works.
Beware of the new interface, I noticed that the GPU also warmed up 6 0 7 degrees, but today's CPU has set me at 96 degrees Celsius, be careful that I was restarting the PC and didn't know it.
I went back to the previous interface and 45 degrees, but I don't know why that happens, I don't come back until the final one comes out, often scary.
It seems to me a very serious error in a beta version, which can damage your CPU.
For all other luck and Christmas, and health for all.
use of the translator
1. I hope that the opponent filter gets some attention (ISI) components had many fields that could be used for filtered through). Would be nice have these… (I find the filter is very slow, maybe set a minimum number of chars required before the filtering starts... say 2 and only start filtering for 1 char if a certain time has elapsed past the last key stroke...)
2. All controls and hyperlinks should be explicit to the user… Trying to understand what’s a control is a bit of a guessing game.
3. Focus behavior of text boxes should be the standard with blinking cursor.
4. Color for enabled controls , labels , tool icons or content icons shouldn’t be light gray or any variation of gray that could confuse disabled items.
5. Sometimes clicking on a control doesn’t do anything… My guess is the system is too busy with the animations. Would be nice to be able to turn animations, and fading off to have a more responsive GUI.
6. Also the GUI feels as if I’m using a web browser… with back button at the top left ( would make the button descriptive to where it’s can go back to)…
7. Used of space - While the new GUI uses a much larger screen space yet much less information is visible per screen than the previous GUI… more screens to go through more clicks to make…more scrolling... overall a less efficient GUI).
8. I would make the selected track and car graphics/Icons into controls?
9. Duplicate functions/controls with the same name leads to more confusion. Why two ways of navigating the GUI… (Ribbon Tab at the top of the screen) and a duplicate ribbon inside the start screen.
Will there be an option of GUI color customization, affects control?. i.e. Disable fading, animations…
Is there intention of keep the old gui as an alternate… or will it be fazed out?
There needs to be a better solution the “?” all over the GUI. May be standard gray car icon for cars and standard track for Track or Mod Icons…
*** there are bugs, application crashes, performance issues, and missing features - is there a place to report these?.***
So many great suggestions, I hope it isn't too long between updates. How long are S397 having off for Christmas?
Merry Christmas everyone and Happy New year.
Thanks for this Beta!
Couple of things that i'd like to see changed, and some of those were always there but even more apparent in this version of the UI,
To make things more clear I'm a VR User:
- The loading sequence messes up the VR positioning (steam VR), I have to reposition each time.
- Screens flicker with every loading sequence
- Loading generally takes very long, especially when your screens are corrupted, a simple steady image would make life a lot easier.
- Why is it not possible in single player to turn a practice session into a race session or vice versa without leaving a track, why reload everything (takes ages)
-Why is the Program still devided in a front-end and a Race environment, expected them to be united in one fluid UI.
-Typing this post from the community link in RF2 was not easy, We have no cursor showing , so i had to guess where to backspace or correct my text.
- Hope we get a extended FFB setup menu with most options found in the json files
Good first step, hope things will keep improving.
You shouldnt turn off your AV mate. Make an exception in the AV for the file that access the forums.
Cheers JimmyT Had a Look & sure enough I did .. Jaysus Fair play Old Skin That Seems to have worked
Or just use trusty old Windows Defender (or whatever it's called now) and don't go to stupid sites, worked for me for years now.....
Famous last words
Can you explain what you mean by a race environment? It sounds like having the track and cars loaded, which obviously isn't possible until the menu options are set. Cheers!
Suggestion: since is now possibile to add features more "easily", why just don't put a "clear cbash and shaders" button in the graphics options, with a description? It's often the solution of many issues and many users still are not used to the procedure/they can't know it for obvious reason: someone needs to to tell them about it.
@krusti just to piggyback on that, anyone checked what happens with corrupt json files? I hope the game can recover automatically, now or soon.
That sounds good Chris. Do you think it's possible to select the aero pack of cars, participating in the grid (as ai) but aren't driven by the player in future?
I'd like to generate a VLN-grid, the Cup Porsches should be forced to use the VLN-setup, and I like to take a GT3.
Please added "Setup to assign" Button for AI in the Setupmenu...
Some functionalities that I want for this new interface (not exhaustive) :
1) Multiclass racing / AI choice and skins
As part of a multiclass race, if I choose for example 5 cars.
The first car has 1 skins, the 2nd has 5 skins, the 3rd has 10 skins, the 4th has 15 skins, the 5th has 20 skins. Currently, with the system in place, if I choose 41 AI for my race, I go for my multiclass race to have something like 1 car for car #1, 5 cars for car #2, 10 cars for car #3, 15 cars for car #4 and 20 cars for car #5 : this is not what I want !
In this case, for example, I would like something like 8 cars for car #1, 8 cars for car #2, 8 cars for car #3, 8 cars for car #4 and 8 or 9 cars for car #5.
2) Weather profiles/scripts + Realroad profiles
1. That we can create a lot (at least 5) profiles/weather scripts.
These scripts could be used very quickly and easily for any tracks.
2. In addition, whether the selected weather profile is one of the default profiles or one of the custom profiles, the realroad profile must be systematically selectable.
3. In addition, this realroad profile must include an "autosave" profile on all tracks without exception, and more basic profiles (example: medium rubber + 15-85% wet ground, etc.).
3) VR : create a graphic setting to increase the sharpness of the image
4) Our own partially random weather script for all tracks :
To quickly adjust the weather we have 4 possibilities :
clear, scripted, overcast, rain.
Would it be possible to make the "scripted" weather apply to all installed circuits, which would avoid wasting time each time to reconfigure its script ?
This would allow the player to configure "his own partially random script" based on these needs, and this script would be very easily usable regardless of the circuit (usable for all circuits).
That would make us wonderfully "wait" while S397 is working on the random weather and/or weather improvement).
Another thing :
Like other users, I would like the "realroad profile" to be definable regardless of the weather profile chosen, not just the "scripted" profile.
For example, to be able to put the realroad "high rubber" with rain or overcast or clear.
5) Selection of different cars categories without any limitation of the number of different categories
I wish we could select all cars installed (different categories) to run a race, without limitation and without bug.
There is currently a strong limitation on the number of different cars that can be selected.
All cars or only a large part of the cars (all the cars of the 2000's for example) could thus be selected.
Make the new HUDs really ultra customizable, with many models that are also ULTRA customizable and editable.
Users will spend maybe 3 hours configuring it, but after that they will simply have the best HUD available in the simracing .... it will be THEIR HUD, really created according to their needs and expectations.
7) Choose the time and the weather (or other things) directly in the garage.
8) Ingame clippling tool
tire temps in setup will be added too?
Is there a way to set a track specific AI strenght, like in the old UI?
Separate names with a comma.