The long journey

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Valter Cardoso, Feb 4, 2015.

1. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

(bad english below)

Year 2010:
    - "I´ve heard that isi is working in rfactor 2. This could be something great. We´re so excited."

Year 2012:
    - "Well, this is a Beta. This is in early stage so lets see if things get better and all this bugs are sorted".

Year 2013:
    - "Guys, we need to move to another platform. Rfactor 1 is getting old and new sims are here. What we do? rf2? ac? wait 1 year for pcars? Maybe we just continue with rf1 and see what happens. Some fun races and we continue testing. Rfactor 2 has so many bugs with the collisions, etc.".

Year 2014:
    - "Well, AC is here, maybe we can start using it."

Year 2014 after around 10 AC races:
    - "Hummmmm.....hummmmm.......hummmmm. Not this for certain".

Year 2014 after hummmmm´s:
    - "We stick with rf2. It has everything we need."

This is the short story of our last years community.

This thread has the porpuse of telling ISI that they created a beast of a sim. It has everything we need to work in next years as a simracing community.
    Rfactor 2 had his troubled past. It felted in some obscure place where nobody knew what it was. It lost some people, it gained others. But what matters is that it become an adult, a strong adult. It became everything i allways wanted in a simracing title.
    When i reach 2015 and i want to organize an endurance championship i have two options, rfactor 1 and rfactor 2. Thats it.
    It has dynamic things (weather, tracks, time of day, etc), it has rejoins, it has auto-share skins (OMG THOSE FREAKING SKINPACKS, you wont believe how many hours i lost making them to champs), it has everything a admin needs.

Thanks ISI. You have a supporter for life. Now go work on updating rain and its effects on driving and we´re done. :cool:

2. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

Ha! I was thinking about buying AC only for the BMW M3 E30. But since I've found it for rF2....never mind. Great post!

Just recently I watched a race in AC on YT. It looked kinda arcadish. Can you confirm that?

3. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

AC is not the focus on this post, this should not be the 329243824 RF2->AC thread.
    This is a THANKS thread, at least is my intention.

4. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

From an Admins point of view AC is extremely limiting. Our community did one test race and that was enough for me to say no, at the moment. If you're looking at endurance its next to pointless right now.

The only other sim I fully support other than rF2 is iracing because it has so much built in. You can organise a full series in a matter of minutes, click OK and forget about it.

5. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

AC is not arcadish but there's some stupid aspects as no flags, retards AIs, no fuel consumption (really?), no pit stops... I don't know how they even dare to call it a 1.0 version. Worse, they're already selling DLC before to fix the very core of the software. Horrid.

Speaking on DLC, hey ISI, create a in-built Offline Championship and I'll pay for it.

6. marvelharvey

marvelharvey Registered

I'm unsure about others, but build 660 was the turning point for me. That's when I feel rF2 went from Beta to Master (not that ISI refer to rF2 in such a way). But since then, it's getting better and better.

The only things I'm waiting for now are: new tyre model and fixing the wet weather aspects. Everything else I'm delighted with.

7. coops

coops Banned

I would like to thank ISI for introducing such great features to SIM racing, they are leading the way forward in this area. I have been here since the beginning and have watched it grow all but slowly but in the right direction, looking forward to seeing them introduced into the sim and hopefully lots more i know nothing about. Great job ISI keep it up.

8. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

RF2 definitely is a beast of a sim, and definitely kills most sims and so-called "sims" out there.

9. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

Indeed.

Undoubtedly.

But some are turned off by the UI. I pity them.

10. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

I'd just like to thank ISI for knowing when to listen to us but mostly for knowing when NOT to listen to us

...also for their unwavering commitment to getting things right even if it takes longer

...and finally for their freaking genius ; how the heck you guys do what you do is amazing to me even if others understand it I understand some very small pieces of what you do but not much in the grand scheme but the best part is what you do that clearly no one else can

...and for rF1 and all the gmotor based kick ass sims