The first update - Build 60

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Feb 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

You only have one player: You.

Just delete the ini file.

2. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

If your profile is correct, then your RAM could do with an upgrade. Windows is using your hard drive page file as memory, just a guess.

3. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

I know it could do with an upgrade, my point was however that with build 49, which in theory should be an inferior version I am getting a rock solid 60+ frames per second. To go from this to unplayable clearly says something is wrong with the build in some way. Could be a conflict somwhere.

4. Dany Mitchel

Dany Mitchel Registered

hi just curious how much Vram do you have on that card as the TI I think only get 1GB where as the 560 GTX has 2GB the GTX I get between 50/70 but I noticed that I am using 1300MB or 1.3GB of Vram this might be the problem
    try using something like EVGA Presicion or Afterburner and enable the In game Overlay make sure you set it up to show GPU ,VRAM usage and FPS Temp of GPU then in game you can see if
    1 you got enogh VRAM
    2 see how much GPU usage your getting should be 99%
    3 see if your GPU is getting to hot and dropping performance

Agreed 2GB of ram is not a lot for today PC

5. hoover

hoover Registered

New NV drivers are out (295.xx), please update so we're all more or less using the same driver base.

Cheers, Uwe

6. [NAR]Steve

[NAR]Steve Registered

I just applied the update on Win XP yesterday, and can report a big performance improvement on XP also, FPS went up significantly.

7. SCampbell

SCampbell Registered

Tim,

Thank you for the update. Are there going to be any physics updates for the cars? I think the Formula Renault feels a little skittish at the moment, I'm not sure if that is something that is going to be adjusted. The car just still feels too easy to lose, maybe this is how it really drives?

8. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

I had a bit of time on my hands so thought I would do benchmark graphs between the 2 build versions to give ISI some good feedback.
    I was very careful to use all the same settings.
    View attachment 1387 View attachment 1388
    Single player in race mode, driving behind 5 AI History F2 cars for 60 seconds.
    I used Fraps to give the average FPS
    One test with Windowed mode ticked and one with Windowed mode unticked of each build.

Not tried any benchmarks playing online.

View attachment 1383

View attachment 1389

A big step down for me on Monaco, but Spa is not as bad.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2012
  9. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

10. Gary Corby

Gary Corby Registered

This isn't a bug, because it's working as designed, but I want to mention a point about FXAA.

FXAA is an extremely fast anti-aliasing algorithm that gets its speed from reworking all pixels, not just the edges. Which means inner textures can become slightly blurred. It's not usually a problem, but I've noticed that turning OFF FXAA considerably sharpens the view of the road in the distance. If like me, you like to look ahead to see where the corners are coming, you'll get better information with FXAA off.

11. Michael Vance

Michael Vance Registered

SLI working now?

It appears that they have Nvidia SLI mode working fairly well now...is that the case? Sounds like it.

Mike

12. SCampbell

SCampbell Registered

I got a 10-20fps boost, so it did help me out. I used the same settings and just switched over and I noticed a change. I've noticed the shadows on objects that are white in color seems a bit strange at this point. One of my crew members has a giant black shadow which looks like a grey spot on his/her suit. I do not have HDR enabled by the way. The shadows don't look very soft, but then again, I don't have shadow blur on. I will experiment some more with settings, but I think this improved things for me.

13. Nielty

Nielty Registered

I've got Steering lag so now rf2 almost unplayable

14. [NAR]Steve

[NAR]Steve Registered

I wonder if there is a common thing with the people that are having stuttering problems on their systems. Maybe a certain type of anti virus program or something. People with more powerful systems than mine seem to have major issues, and even the old build ran "OK" for me, but the update REALLY helped on my system. I only get stutters on the first lap ( and mainly just leaving the pits ) on my system, then it is smooth after that.

15. Bart S

Bart S Member

Just an opinion but while we having updates atleast till beta finishes ISI should by default disable replays for a start, when I disable replays a got a big fps boost, another thing has been the LOD Bias changing this gave me a big boost and I'm pretty sure my visial became sharper at a closer to '0' setting than standard.

16. Pits

Pits Registered

On track, 21 AI, raining
    Before replays turned of 43FPS
    Replays off 43FPS, no change there

285 Nvidia drivers 43fps (of course)
    295.73 drivers 48 fps, this is good

And no to ever asked, SLI hasn't been fixed yet but from a 60% drop in fps to a 5fps increase with the new build has at least stopped having to disable SLI, and again, this is good.
    Good Frames help a lot but a good CPU seems to stop the severe stuttering when close to other vehicles.

17. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

Turning mirrors off I get a huge fps boost, around 20-30 fps on an average rig, core2 duo e6850 - 4gb ram - win7 32 - ati 5700

18. SCampbell

SCampbell Registered

This is a good point. I think I should try turning down different setting and see where the differences are. I think if we can pinpoint various areas of the graphics where performance is lacking, that would greatly help ISI determine where the issues are as far as optimization are concerned.

19. [NAR]Steve

[NAR]Steve Registered

Mirrors don't seem to make a big difference for me, maybe 5 FPS..Also tried disabling replays, and noticed no difference..The big ones for me are road and environment reflections, I take a pretty big FPS hit if those are enabled.

20. CalgarySimRacer

CalgarySimRacer Registered

Got the same card in my other rig...Rf2 build 60 works amazing at full on everything...Getting 50-75 fps with vsync off as vsync doesnt run that smooth at the moment...

On my big boy here i'm running a 580 3gb GTX and rF2 runs like a dream as well..What nVidia drivers are you on? Upgrade to the new 295.83's...Runs beautiful...Turn off all background tasks...What's your specs? Try downloading Gamebooster..It's free and shuts down a lot of unnecessary applications running in the background...My rig is up to any game I throw at it.. Older rigs get hit hard from what I've heard from rF2..Maybe ISI will erran that out..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.