The first update - Build 60

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Feb 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

Whether you put it in Documents or not, it's in the Data folder i.e. the second folder specified during installation.

2. modmate

modmate Registered

The default installation will install your working folders into your documents folder.And its not in the Data folder, its in the Documents/Rfactor2 folder:

[​IMG]

There is also no such "DATA" folder you named btw.

3. patryksok.

patryksok. Registered

Megane at Sepang. I am about 1.5s quicker in wet conditions on wet tires than with slick in dry. But I have only that huge grip when I am on best line, otherwise is very slippery.

4. Inspector

Inspector Registered

Hi

Just thought I would provide some feedback on an SLI config - Before the update I had to disable SLI otherwise the max FPS I could get was 15. Since the update I am getting 60 fps (limited to 60 fps with hardware Vsync enabled, so it will go higher) with all settings maxed, 16x AF, Level 8 AA, FXAA and HDR ticked, so it is a huge improvement for me and is starting to look good as well

I have to manually set SLI in the Nvidia Control Panel by forcing AFR2, but this seems to work fine - I have some minor flashing of the shadows and on occasion the screen seems to dim and then return to normal for a second or so and then it repeats until I restart the software, but I think this might be because I am forcing SLI and the HDR is still in development

Overall I am really pleased with this update

5. Apex240

Apex240 Registered

Thanks but I have no such update folder in Documents or anywhere else for that matter. I can't find a folder anywhere that will make the update run.

6. Inspector

Inspector Registered

Hi

I had this problem as I didn't install Rfactor 2 in the default locations, and 'my documents' are by default not in the 'C' drive as I have pointed the Windows default to a seperate drive for My Documents.

Anyway manually adding an 'Update' folder to the data folder worked for me (in my case this is E:\Games\Rfactor2\Data\Update (I had to create the update folder as it doesnt exist by default. Copy the doenloaded file into this foldr and then run the rFactor launcher and the update should appear in the update tab

7. Crunch

Crunch Registered

Hopefully TrackIR will be implemented soon please. I personally can't get into trying the beta without it and it sucks as I am eager to get into it in depth after already paying for the beta. RF2 looks great so far.

8. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Start rFactor2 Launcher, click the "Config Sim" button.
    Config.JPG
    At bottom left is your datapath. Updates is a subdirectory of the rFactor folder.

Another method. Start rFactor2 launcher. Go to Advanced Tab. Klick "Open Data Path Location".
    LauncherAdv.JPG

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2012
  9. MJP

MJP Registered

I didn't install rF2 to the default locations either but I have an 'Updates' folder.

Perhaps your installer was having one of those 'friday afternoon' moments and thought 'hmm there's nothing going in that folder atm, so I won't bother to install it'. ;)

10. Apex240

Apex240 Registered

Thanks to all who replied, found the folder and it worked. For me it was C\Program Files\Update :)

11. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

With my GTX560Ti-SLI setup (295.51 driver) I did notice a slight increase in framerate with build 60. It's now between 59-62 fps with SLI enabled.
    There was also a noticeable improvement in smoothness with SLI enabled.
    Previously, with SLI enabled on build 49 I got between 37-45 fps w/ settings maxed out at 2304x1440@80Hz 16x AF and 32x CSAA.
    I've typically been running the simulation with SLI disabled at around 76 fps.
    That number remains the same with the new build if SLI is disabled.
    Both new settings are 'fluid' smooth (SLI on or off).
    A nice bit of improvement came by turning sync OFF.
    Thanks ISI. Good job.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2012
  12. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

Well just because you didn't name it the data folder doesn't mean it isn't that. =)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    See that little part that says "Data and Settings destination folder"? That's the Data folder I was talking about, and it defaults to Documents/rFactor2, so you don't have to name it the data folder, but it still is the data folder. =)

13. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

So looks it is still not fixed. In reality wet best line is more slippery than other part of track (opposite behaviour comparing to dry track). Probably it is related to Real Track technology, not to tyres.

14. Alesi

Alesi Registered

ha ha.. 0.03 -0.04 sec on video.. its unknown flying.. Renault)))) UFR

15. sg333

sg333 Registered

I've noticed some odd behaviour running Meganes in Wet conditions at Portugal. The race line seems to have better grip in wet conditions on wet tires, than the same line in full dry conditions on dry tires. I dont know if it was my driving, but i had a faster lap overall in the wet, too.

I also noticed that once a dry line started to appear on the wet track, going onto the still wet part with WET tries caused me to lose control (as if i was on slicks). All was fine until the track started to dry. Anyone else experience this?

16. modmate

modmate Registered

I`ve said clearly i use the DEFAULT installation, i`ve changed no path at all. Also i did reinstall RF2 3 times cause of changing my system. All the same. Default was Documents folder with nowhere a DATA folder like you see on my pic.
    Should i do a video with the default installation or whats your matter now??

17. patryksok.

patryksok. Registered

I. Yes if you are on wet and driving on best line you have better grip when you driving in dry on slicks. If you will drive on wet with wet tires not on best line you will have normal grip as car should have in wet conditions but when you will drive on best line you have huge amount of grip.

18. ironyltd

ironyltd Registered

Gjon

Would you please give me whatever additional tweaks you may have for >2 GPU's, I have (2) EVGA 590x'S (4 GPU) running quad SLI

Works pretty well with high fps, 150-200 at Mills but has some relatively light micro stuttering. I am running the latest nVidia drivers (295.51). This may be a 590 problem but if you have tweaks I would like to test them.

Regards, keep up the good work

Jim Simmons

19. Lars Strijdonck

Lars Strijdonck Registered

Install went smooth. Didn't gain any preformance though. Still having major preformance issues. Fiddle with it more later this week.

20. jonneymendoza

jonneymendoza Registered

Hi. i have not tried this build yet but does it have any new graphics effects options in this build?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.