The definitive AI Settings Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MarcG, Jun 15, 2013.

1. Andreas Binz

Andreas Binz Registered

How can i fix the AI collision?

2. Tosch

Tosch Registered

In some of the ISI AIW files (Palm Beach, Silverstone) I see additional fastpaths for different classes (C6R, OpenWheeler, Clio), but in devmode the AI always use the first (fastest) and sometimes the block path. Can I change this behavior or is this feature not implemented atm?

3. peterchen

peterchen Registered

When I remember correctly the abylity for the AI to use alternative lines is
    set in the .rcd or talent-file.
    There you can tell the Ai which line to use.
    Surely I don´t know if it works yet.

Greets
    Pete

4. Tosch

Tosch Registered

It works! Thank you very much.

Most cars have a setting like "Clio_fast". The C6R and the Camaro talent files have no setting.

5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

you could try and put them in yourself, the Meganes originally didn't have Qualifying Speed so I put that in and it works perfectly, worth a try :)

6. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Hopefully all such settings will make their way to all ISI cars and tracks over time, in a future build.

7. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Here is a list of possible paths I have found in AIW and RCD files.

8. Hazi

Hazi Registered

Thanks!

9. MarcG

MarcG Registered

could do with some definitive information on this, as I see it when creating talent files you can have "Fastest " for them but that may not suit the mod, so do you need to define a new path in the AIW every time a new mod comes out?
    I hope that's not the case of course but with the ISI cars there's obviously reference there.

10. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Hi guys , I don't normally drive with AI but have had some strange things happening lately and seems as you guys are the experts so i thought i would run this by you guys in this thread ,sorry if its out of place ;-) Like i said we don't normally use the AI but we do use them sometimes to help rubber up the track and to add some drivers to race with in practice sessions when theirs only a few of us , This has worked fine in the past but with the latest build 300 iv'e seen some strange behavior with them , they all do the same thing > Ill be coming up on one and he will all of a sudden slam the breaks and turn right ! ? its like a dog ran out in front of them or something ! lol i see it in the mirror when there behind me as well .. this after a clean install of 300 ..I have the AI strength set to 103 and haven't messed with it otherwise .. I did try to set the "fixed setups to 1" in the plr but then set it back to 0 after realizing it only took if you have "fixed set ups" on in server settings (we do not) but that's the only time i even messed with the plr for Ai .. I've seen it happening on ISI tracks and user built tracks , so far Clio and Megane both had it happen .. any Ideas ? is there something i can adjust ? last night it was Clio at mores ..

Thanks in advance for any help !!
    kro..

11. MarcG

MarcG Registered

That sounds exactly like what I found whilst testing the AI Mistakes setting, they'd suddenly turn into a barrier or off track for no apparent reason just as you describe, what's your setting (in the PLR)?
    Default is:
    AI Mistakes="0.00000" // a range of (intentional) AI mistakes from 0.0 (none) to 1.0 (sometimes). Anything above 1.0 multiplies the frequency

EDIT: Just ran a 15lap race at Mores in the Clios, no problems like what you describe with the above setting.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2013
  12. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Thanks for the reply Marc , I did see that line in there
    I will check my plr when i get home (at work) !

13. kro388th

kro388th Registered

I think that was it ! mine was set to "1" or On ! changed it back to "0.00000" and will see !

Thanks !!

14. Cangrejo

Cangrejo Registered

I have a problem creating a rcd file. I have a mod with this classes " FISI_2012, F1 2013 Marussia mod ". I have to put the same in the rcd file?

Code:
    //[[gMb1.002f (c)2013    ]] [[            ]]
     [B] FISI_2012, F1 2013 Marussia mod [/B]{default.... 
    I have tried in many ways and does not work. I have also tried other mods and the talent not working :confused:

15. MarcG

MarcG Registered

When I created my Megane AI talent files I named everything the same in order to get it to work, probably dont have too but that's what I've done.

So in the VEH file I have:
    Classes="All_Stars_Megane"
    Category="All_Stars_Megane"

RCD:
    //[[gMb1.002f (c)2013 ]] [[ ]]
    All_Stars_Megane

Then named the files:
    All_Stars_Megane.mas & All_Stars_Megane_Teams.mas - these two then merged to create one All_Stars_Megane.rfcmp
    All_Stars_Megane_Talent.mas - this created into its own rfcmp

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2013
  16. Cangrejo

Cangrejo Registered

Thanks for the info MarcG. I will try this :)

17. Christian Hamilton

Christian Hamilton Registered

I've been running the Eve and Sparks F3 cars at Belgium alot the past couple of days and have been frustrated by the AI's lack of agressiveness or timidity when you get close to them. They immediately slow down to where passing is a non-challenge. Yet if the pack gets out in front of me by a couple of seconds it is very hard to reel them in. Would be nice if they would fight for positions harder. It would be very nice if you guys could solve this. Sort of kills the fun of single player mode for me. Same sort of issue that has plagued all Gmotor2 based sims.

18. Cangrejo

Cangrejo Registered

Your method work fine, MarcG. Thanks again :)

19. yanaran

yanaran Registered

One change that made AI racing much more enjoyable for me was lowering the brake power and brake grip in my .PLR file.

AI Brake_Power Usage="0.80000" // Fraction of theoretical brake power that AI attempt to use (can be overrode in HDV)
    AI Brake_Grip Usage="0.75000" // Fraction of theoretical brake grip that AI attempt to use (can be overrode in HDV)

Defaults are 0.98 and 0.9725 I think.

It says this setting can be overridden by the mod and I don't know how many mods do that, but I tested with the EGTX and it made the AI cars drive much more lifelike. They brake a little earlier and not as hard so you get less bunching up, not as many insane dive-bombs on the inside and you can actually get through the first few turns without getting bounced around from all sides.

It does make the AI slightly slower so if you want to maintain the same lap times you have to up the difficulty a percent or two. I also wouldn't go below .75 because then the AI starts to oscillate weirdly between brakes and power in the braking zones and it just kills the feeling of realism for me.

Now if only we could get a fix for the slowdown Christian described above I'd be quite happy with AI racing!

20. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Right after...

Autocalibrate AI Mode="1" // When in a test day...

in PLR file, now we have the following line...

AI Calibrate Sample Size="5" // When AI calibration is set to 2, this is the number of trials the AI should run while testing each parameter.

Can someone confirm what does this mean? Any other news about improving AIW with autocalibrate option?