The all new Zandvoort track irl.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Navigator, Mar 8, 2020.

1. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Hi guys,

Well, you all know that the Zandvoort track "had some work".
    As some of you may know, I work there and today I was there for some races.
    I don't have to tell you all there is a camber here and there and the roads towards the track needed work; that's all common knowledge. But discussing with my colleague's, I heard some more things I never even thought of and thought it was "a funny fact".
    One of them was the plants (way) outside the track; lots of them and just planted. They are there to keep the sand from the beach off the track.
    Power lines, not just on the track itself, but also the supply of the whole circuit; they were not big enough to provide for such an event like the F1.
    Not just the track, but also a lot of tarmac surrounding the track; more spots for helping vehicles and such.
    Portable toilets; 750 of them for the F1 weekend of which 40 for disabled people.
    But what about: "we are looking for a dry space that can be locked, on the track or just outside to store 18.000 toilet rolls" :)
    There has to be some room offered because of that alone.
    Now those are things you don't think about, right? Don't tell me I'm the only one not thinking of stuff like that. ;)

Took a photo; you can see the camber corner just before the start/finish straight, it's far from where I took it but was the best view of that part of the track. It's just below the lower of the apartment buildings in the back, about right in the middle.[​IMG]

Edit; can't seem to be able to upload the photo, not from pc, not from dropbox and I even dusted of my mediafire account; nope......sorry about that.
    I can give the link, maybe this helps: http://www.mediafire.com/view/ro0n2cg29ctvwxt/Zandvoort_2020.jpg/file

Narrowbackwing and DJCruicky like this.
  2. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

3. Paulus_NL

Paulus_NL Registered

Marcel Offermans was hinting about zandvoort for RF2..................... :cool:

4. OdeFinn

OdeFinn Registered

RaceNut likes this.
  5. tafkams

tafkams Registered

Real F1 sound :)

6. McFlex

McFlex Registered

Niels allready did an exellent job and put an laser scanned version into his favorite sim