Released The 2022 UI Update

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jan 27, 2022.

1. richirichi

richirichi Registered

No luck mate. It just won’t start & I’m out of ideas; may have to reinstall. Seriously pi**ed off‍♂️

2. lagg

lagg Registered

The UI could create the images automatically.

FS7 likes this.
  3. Dozer

Dozer Registered

I just tired the new user interface and I think it's fantastic. It one thing this game has been missing and the developers hit it out the park!!! Thank you for continuing to support the game and make improvements as great as this one!!

DJCruicky likes this.
  4. Craig Waddell

Craig Waddell Registered

Really good work guys, like it, snappy and quick to get in game. Two small issues that I've spotted.

1. In VR when loading the track there's some nasty flickering going on in headset during loading. Once loading is done it settles down.

2. Controller profiles. I've a number of custom profiles but for some reason if I now make any changes to them I cannot save the changes to my original profile name.

5. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

That could be so awesome a feature. If it couldnt find icon files, then generated them in the background...

FS7, lagg and Mauro like this.
  6. Havner

Havner Registered

Known Issues
    • There is currently no way to overwrite a custom controller profile.

7. Craig Waddell

Craig Waddell Registered

So is the fix just to delete all my existing controller profiles and create a new set? I've got multiple wheel rims plus paddle and manual shifters so it's going to take a while to start again.

Hopefully a fix will be along as they were all created by me using the previous UI

8. Havner

Havner Registered

How did you read from that that you should delete all your presets? The issue just says you cannot overwrite the preset for now. Why would you want to start everything from scratch?

9. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I was going to ask the very same question.

10. Craig Waddell

Craig Waddell Registered

When the game updated today I was using a custom controller profile at the time of update. So after the update the active settings were all still there for the custom profile I was last using. Only issue now is that I can't save any changes.

11. Kahel

Kahel Registered

Too bad we can't magically transfert the talent from the new UI team to the physic team...

In all seriousness, good job... hopefully we can see improvement for the competition system following the same ease of use philosophy...

In the meanwhile the Competition need less variety and build more around 1 or 2 of the most popular categories... most likely gt3 and whatever is next in line...

12. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I'm not home, but couldn't you just rename it? like wheel to wheelA?

13. lagg

lagg Registered

Instead of doing it in the background, could be a process launched after installing a car, that creates temporal icons. Or/and that could be launched with a button.

FS7 likes this.
  14. Havner

Havner Registered

You can't overwrite an existing profile. You can save changes under a different name. I'm confused why do we have to be so explicit about that.

15. Binny

Binny Guest

Turned on RF2 1st time in a long time new UI looks great, easier to navigate. Great improvement.
    Now I'm interested in hearing their plans for 2022 that was mentioned, hoping that info is given to us ASAP or next thing we will know 1st quarter of the yr is gone.
    WELL DONE S397 CONGRATULATIONS ON THE NEW UI.

16. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

I miss the option "Alternate Pause".

17. lagg

lagg Registered

Edit the Player.json, look for these parameters and edit them in these way

memoNo1 likes this.
  18. Havner

Havner Registered

There is one serious usability issue in the new UI that IMO should be improved. With so many tabs and sub-tabs now the UI should remember which sub-tab is selected.

E.g. when in session and I select "Setup" tab and e.g. "Chasis" sub-tab and then I go to "Watch" and return to "Setup" the "Chasis" sub-tab should still be selected the way I left it. Now the state is being always reset to the first sub-tab, "Summary" in this case. This applies to all places in the UI where there are tabs and "sub-tabs".

RaceNut likes this.
  19. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Not trying to be dense. I assumed the custom profile was already set in stone due to it being a 'custom' profile. If I changed my previously crafted profile, it would no longer BE that custom profile that was custom and I wouldn't want to alter that. So a simple rename SEEMED to be a solution. CustomGt3_Vette vs CustomGt3_488.
    @Havner I just discovered you CAN re-save any profile. You just have to manually type the file name in the box just to the right of the SAVE button.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2022
  20. Craig Waddell

Craig Waddell Registered

I think the reason why I may make a couple of changes and then don't create a whole new profile is that I'm a Vr user so keyboard visibility is an issue with the headset on. Plus I try to avoid keeping switching between headset and screen.

Old habits die hard and all that!

Last edited: Jan 27, 2022
    davehenrie likes this.