That dang win10 spring update$#@@$%

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by davehenrie, Jun 12, 2018.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I've just spent the night trying to find fixes for the last update. I put off the update to Win10 v1803 for sometime, but eventually the update got installed and totally ruined my mouse and other usb devices. I reverted v1709, but what is to stop Win10 from re-installing v1803 which is death to my usb ports???

2. ceecee

ceecee Registered

Here is a tool from Microsoft to hide selected updates, it works on the recent versions as well.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...t-a-driver-update-from-reinstalling-in-window
    http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/2/2/f22d5fdb-59cd-4275-8c95-1be17bf70b21/wushowhide.diagcab

DrivingFast likes this.
  3. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

4. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

The worst part is that microsoft rarely admit that the fault is theirs and sometime later there is another dl and all of a sudden the "third party problem" you've been having since the last update is, miraculously, gone. :rolleyes:

patchedupdemon likes this.
  5. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

I had an issue with the W10 update and the ASMedia USB 3.0 driver. As I want to be able to keep Windows up to date, I spent under £20 for a PCIe USB 3.0 card [4 ports] as recommended via the Oculus site and the update then had no issues.

6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I think I did that early last month, hoping to hold off the update, I was ASSUMING Microsoft would have a fix before the update finally got pushed. I spend 5 weeks without a vid card, unable to game, I get things back up running better than ever and EFFEN Microsoft EFFEN breaks my EFFEN system! ahem....apologies....

7. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

I have ASUS X99 and ASRock Z370 mobo`s. I have installed ASUS and ASRock INF driver and have no issues with Win 10 updates.
    It might bee vise to install INF driver from your MOBO manufacturer homepage before installing Win 10 updates.