"Thanks to Modders" (prev: Best modern Monaco ???)

Discussion in 'Locations' started by Adrianstealth, May 13, 2017.

1. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

It shouldn't be put forward here for the simple reason that its origin is from a Codemasters F1-game. It's pretty simple.

woochoo likes this.
  2. McNolo

McNolo Registered

We have come to this situation because of the continual disrespect of a part of the community ... like now, again.

As I said on more than one occasion, we started converting circuits to be able to have a full F1 championship, there is no other reason. If we had to create each one from scratch we take years and it would not be possible.

At the beginning, we had no intention of posting anything, but some people asked us to do it, so we published it. It was not for ego (like someone has accused us) or for any other reason, just because they asked us to do it and we thought it would also be good publicity to make our championship known.

Because of the continual disrespect that we have suffered from a part of the community in this forum and elsewhere, even to insult us, we stop posting non-legal content and only publish content with permission of the original authors.

We don't need to publish anything, we have everything we need and what we want. I wonder why there are people who believe in the right to demand that we give them our work ... and if we do not do it, they disrespect us.

It is curious ... there is a post in this forum thanking studio 397 his work in RFactor 2, when they are a company doing their job to earn money (something normal), but I have not yet seen any other thanking all the people who have given away their work, investing hundreds of hours of work totally free. On the contrary, the modders even are required for a "better work", "fixes this", "improves that", "your circuit is a shit", "some jobs should not be allowed to publish", "not enough quality", etc, etc ... (And I'm not talking about feedback, I'm talking about ruthless and offensive criticisms)

And you are surprised when some of us stop publishing?

If the community had a little more sensitivity we would not be in this situation and I am afraid this will be getting worse. To bite the hand that feeds you is not a good strategy. and those who do not do this, remain silent, so it is enough with a few who make noise to destroy the desire of publish of many modders, think about it.

About the version we have of Monaco...we say what we want. We have new versions of many tracks and at the end of this year we will have all the tracks updated to DX11. We will publish photos and videos about all of it, because we like to do it. Maybe we are "like a childish", like you says, but we do it because we can..., maybe you can't and for that reason you're complaining.

Sorry for my english.

John, demerzel, Will Mazeo and 4 others like this.
  3. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Meh just ignore this part of the community and keep posting it in forums that will have nobody blaming because where the track or car comes from. Truth is games like rF1 and 2 and even GTR2 survived for longer time because stuff converted from other games. Just take a look at GT3 cars in rF2.... the most popular cars in any sim... if not for Simtek we'd have none of the current gen of cars yet and they are racing for 2+ years already.
    Not even all the licensed cars in the world would make me buy a game I don't like :D and I want them in my favourite sim, if the devs of my sim of choice aren't licensing the stuff I like well... I don't care where it comes from, I totally appreciate the effort of anyone that puts this stuff in the sims I like more. So keep it up folks! Your work is appreciated by far more people than the few that complain.

Mulero and Paul Stante like this.
  4. Louis

Louis Registered

Attached Files:

guga_cyr likes this.
  5. stonec

stonec Registered

rF2 is quite complex platform, but people expect everything to work 100% or it's the mod makers fault, so I can see why leagues don't like to release tracks to the public, illegal or not. For example the AI, if Monaco doesn't work perfect with all cars, including Howstons and Karts, then it's automatically mod maker's fault. The funny thing is that ISI/S397 1966 Monaco has exactly the same kind of AI problems in the swimming pool section, so if ISI/S397 can't make their AI work, it's a bit much to ask for some league mod guy to optimize his AI for every car.

Anyway, the FPS of DX11 is all over the place currently at certain circuits, so 99% would probably complain the converted Monaco doesn't run smooth, as it was heavy already in DX9. So the easy solution is to not drive at Monaco in its current state.

DA likes this.
  6. lagg

lagg Registered

Other than what McNolo has said, the Bjørn's post completes the situation.
    If we publish the rest of the circuits here or in Steam they will erase that content.

7. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Hey Mate , that Thank You to studio 397 was from me and i think you will find that i have thanked numerous Modders for their work also , countless times ,because without them also i wouldnt have halve the content that i have now in not just rF2 but also AMS and AC .
    I've thanked modders of free content more than i've thanked modders who charge .
    I also see people thanking Modders all the time and i also see Modders saying they never received thanks but if i went looking for people who have thanked them i could always find it . Weird hey .
    Just typed this into Google,
    "thank you for your mod rfactor 2"
    Plenty of thanks around , but i do also see people disrespecting everyone and anyone , its unfortunately the way people have become while hiding behind their keyboard .
    I think what happened here was just a honest mistake by someone like myself who didnt know any better . If i had of had a link handy i probably would've posted it also trying to be helpful not realising my mistake .
    I'm still trying to figure out why one mod is more legal than others ?? Like why don't S397 just release a certain track that lots of people want , people say $$ and licensing yet a Modder can make that same track and post it as a legal version . Now i'm confused .

Last edited: May 15, 2017
  8. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Oh and by the way , Thanks for the awesome Montreal track (and all the others) . One of my personal favorites.

9. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

All the ones I've tried are severely poor so I'm giving modern Monaco a miss

Think that's why FSR league doesn't have it on their calendar

Ps -in any case thanks to modders for efforts etc

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  10. McNolo

McNolo Registered

You don't offense 2ndLastJedi, my comment was not a criticism against you or your post about Studio 397 (with which I agree). Of course there are people who appreciate the work of modders, I did not speak of anyone in particular, only situations that sometimes occur.

What I want to make clear is that it is important to support and protect the modders, to thank even if their work is not as good as we would like, because it is a gift and deserves great respect. The person who today is an expert one day was a beginner and the community must understand, respect and protect all of them equally. But above all, offenses and ruthless criticisms should not be tolerated and the community should not allow this, it must defend and support the modder when something like this happens. Feeling supported and valued is essential because if not, in the end you realize that it is not worth doing more.

Feedback and constructive criticism is valuable and necessary, but it is not what is said, is as it is said. Too many times I have seen here disrespect for the free work of modders and that should not be tolerated.

Sorry for my english.

11. pkelly

pkelly Registered

Well said,McNolo...and don't ever be sorry for your english. Works quite fine for me :). Rock on modders and merci beacoup!

McNolo likes this.
  12. cbunsold

cbunsold Registered

McNolo
    I posted the thank you to 397 and SHOULD HAVE POSTED a thank you to everyone who has posted their hard work.
    In hindsight I did not respect all moders hardwork and hope this makes it right. I thank everyone who has released their mods for rfactor 2. You people are the true backbone of rfactor 2 and make it a great sim. I think the same of ISI and 397.

Thanks for reading this,
    Steve

13. vivemclaren

vivemclaren Registered

No only hundreds of hours, some modders invest money too. (Buying books and so on)

100% agree with you McNolo ;)

roby13 and McNolo like this.
  14. Jka

Jka Member Staff Member

Yep. Like 3ds max licence (3000 euros or 350 euros per year, depending on license model), new pc hardware (1500-2000 euros) to run dev tools, track or car survey trips etc.

Like any other hobby, money is needed. Nothing is free. Except result of our work to community.

toebee, Kaitsu_69, SPASKIS and 3 others like this.
  15. Corti

Corti Registered

I want to apologize to everyone and especially to McNolo (thanks to his videos I learned the basis to be able to perform tracks for rfactor) and the boys of RRfactor. Apologies because my fault the private circuits of RRfactor came to light. The only thing I can say in my defense is that at no time did I misunderstand, without knowing that they could not be shared, I updated the links with the most modern versions so that we could all enjoy them. Although I do not know him personally, I feel as if I have disappointed a person who puts his trust in me. I am very sorry for the misunderstanding caused and I hope that the anger is passed and continue offering those great works to enjoy our simulator.

Thanks to Modders

16. Magus

Magus Registered

Oh man, this is like one big group hug!!

I agree & am very appreciative of the crazy talent & patience you guys have. I had a look at modding and thought, 'no-no', much too much to learn. SO a cordial thank you form me too.

bears and McNolo like this.
  17. lagg

lagg Registered

Thanks for this words here, Corti.

McNolo, andrea_274 and SPASKIS like this.
  18. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Can someone make me understand why some mods are kept only within a league?

Not having a dig as it's the modders complete right to do with their own creations as they decide no problems & big thanks when they share for others to enjoy etc

Is it so the mod is exclusive to league members thus making the league more attractive ?

19. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

To get members usually. It sucks when you do a mod and instead of having 30 people in one server you have a ton of servers with very few people racing at the same time.
    And sometimes people just want it.
    I hate the concept of private mods tho... I'm admin in a forum like this and always wanted to change it but modders just won't accept. Funny enough these modders (they worked in GTR2) want a game to survive, but how you help it survive by making things private I have no freaking idea :D

rocketjockeyr6 and Adrianstealth like this.
  20. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Pure intercommunity competition to attract people. In RR, lagg and McNolo have spent hundreds of hours during the past 3 years to have a complete F1 track pack. All this work is first for our community and the drivers paying the yearly fee.

lagg, McNolo and Adrianstealth like this.