TH T300 Brake input range

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Damian, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Damian

Damian Registered

Hello, I have a problem with the input range in Thrustmaster T300 + T3PA. I figured out that wheels without ABS are locked sooner than I expected. When I compared input values on my brake pedal, I saw that rF2 on calibration screen has 100% pressure when on TH software brake is pressed something about ~80%. I see dead zone also when I start pressing the pedal. Did rF2 apply dead zones by default on the start and end of the range?
    1. I cannot delete beginning dead zone - when I click "set min" without pressing, a dead zone is applied when I compare values with driver software
    2. I can delete end dead zone by pressing with max force and click set max but after restart sim dead zone is again.
    3. Do you know where are dead zone settings on rF2 in config files?

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Are you using a profile you've saved? Did you save changes after you made them?

Or, if you aren't using a profile, which sounds weird because it should save the changes then, the settings will be in your UserData\player\Controller.JSON file. You'll see the axis parameters in there, sorry I can't remember exactly what each of the numbers means, but on mine for example all my pedal axes are like this:

Code:
        "Controller 1 Axis  Y Zone":[
        ],

I have seen strange numbers in there that were causing issues in the game (on a friend's PC), and set min/max weren't fixing them. I put them back to normal values in the .json and the problem was gone.

(T500 + modded T3PA Pro here)