Texture issue

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by dradecki, Sep 24, 2018.

1. dradecki

dradecki Registered

This is for any one who really understands materials in rf2. My issue is that my mod looks fine in DevMode without assigning a pacecar to the mod. I have a custom pacecar that once I assign it to the mod (in the rfm file), all of a sudden in the actual racecar I get a funky blurry area on just one portion of the LCD Font seen on the dashboard. A number of other areas on the dashboard that use the same font and they look fine. If I remove the pacecar from the mod that dash looks fine again. I have spent the last week reviewing the materials used in the mod as well as the pacecar and for the life of me I can't find the conflict. Does any one have a suggestion of where to look? I have a vague idea of how materials work in rf2, but I am definitely not an expert.

2. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Make sure your material name is unique to your car. So just put your car name as a prefix for the material, that way, nothing should overwrite it.

3. dradecki

dradecki Registered

I'll give it a go today. Thanks for the input Coutie.

4. dradecki

dradecki Registered

Well I gave it a go and changed up the material names with no luck. What's confusing is that of the five different dashes I have only one seems to work even though they have the exact same texture and material maps. In addition to the same cockpit.ini file. Here is what it looks like:

Dash.jpg

5. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

It's probably the cockpit.ini file then, you should have that unique too. Pretty much everything should be unique to your car.

6. dradecki

dradecki Registered

I tried that to, but without luck.

7. ChiefWiggum

ChiefWiggum Registered

this wrong texture is on the display or on the laps part?

8. dradecki

dradecki Registered

JPAlesi is helping me out and has not fixed the texture problem but has upgraded the dash 10 fold. But thank you for the help.