Text Size

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Richard Chmielewski, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Richard Chmielewski

Richard Chmielewski Registered

I am having an issue with EXTRA LARGE text size in the menus of the game. This includes the text size in the Garage menu also.

I have a large 27 inch monitor. Resolution is 1920 by 1080. But at this resolution in Windows 7, the text is tiny, so I have boosted it up quite a bit. I am visually impaired, and I need to make the text size bigger to be able to read anything. Usually although the text size in Windows is boosted up, I don't recall ever seeing the text in a game get bigger.

With rF1, the text size remains "normal", compared to the larger size of Windows. In rF2 however, the menu text is even too big for me. And it tends to run into each other, overlapping and it makes it difficult to tell exactly what I am changing in the menu. It does make the game look not so good.

I know this is probably an issue caused by me bringing up the size of text in windows. I was wondering how I could get around it. I can produce photos of what it looks like if needed.

The text size of the message box and text of the HUD remains normal BTW.

2. PieterN

PieterN Registered

I'm having problems with the text-size as well. Running Win 7 64 bits with slightly bigger than normal text.

3. mmed

mmed Registered

Running 1280x720 on my projector. The message box is way to big.

4. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

First copy the Hud you are using. Then go into dev mode and alter your copy with the HUD editor. All sorts of fun things there.

5. sandrini

sandrini Registered

Same here. Running RF2 on my 50" - Set up the Windows Text / Icons bigger - The text on the RF2 launcher and the menues is not aligned right.

6. AlanBernardo

AlanBernardo Registered

Will it still work online if you edit the hud like you say?

Alan