Texas World Speedway - 1.00 Release

Discussion in 'Locations' started by PlickBadger, Apr 21, 2013.

1. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

I think I can make it. I also think I can turn left a few times :)

2. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

After almost 1 month without dsl, i am back and updating the contents.

Just a note, the download link to v1.1 in the OP points to Ranch Motorsports instead that to TWS.

3. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

Sorry about that. First post fixed and here
    1.1 download

4. rhamm

rhamm Registered

Great track. Unless I skipped over it in the thread I guess I'm the only one who needs to learn how to drive because I kept getting DQ'd on the 1.9 mile layout when I'd screw up the entry to turn 1 and end up going off track.

I did a night race and it was funny watching the AI cars turn their lights on and off depending on how close they were to a light source. I wasn't sure if that's something ISI needs to tweak or something track makers need to figure out.

5. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

This track seems to be getting updates etc,I'm looking forward to given this a try after the next rf2 build

Thanks for sharing&updating

6. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

I've seen AI turning lights on and off on other tracks but I thought it was an LOD thing as it seemed to be associated with how close I was to them but that could be coincidence also.

7. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

Thanks for the feedback guys, I'll check into the AI lights and getting DQ'd in turn 1

8. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

9. vittorio

vittorio Registered

Great track - I love it!

10. renard

renard Registered

Fantastic track, the 1.9 layout in the Meganes is pure G27th Heaven. Thanks PB. :)

11. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

This one is really a good conversion, but I wish you can improve it more and more, specially the road textures and the grass!
    Ps: we need a good HDR profile fot it also!

12. Coanda

Coanda Registered

Firstly great track's PB you should be bloody proud! I am having a ton of fun kicking around TWS.

I've only raced on v1.1 and like a few others I could probably go with a touch more grass texture as it does seem a little flat however judging from the sat picks maybe that's just the way it is...

Can I ask a silly mod question, what makes this track size (100+mb) considering TWS has very little building/grandstand objects etc...?

Cheers again matey.

13. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

I improved the grass and road textures in version 1.1 as much as I could. I'm only planning some minor tweaks for 1.2.

14. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

Several large meshes and textures contribute to this.

15. Coanda

Coanda Registered

@ PB - Fair enough mate, I want to get into modelling so that I can do my bit but firstly I need more skills & time.

Something I have noticed when driving your track & I have an open thread regarding this issue here http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/12713-Framerate-Dropoff-Stutering-only-for-ISI-tracks-%28build-218%29 is even though this track is a touch heavy on resources its only consuming 60% of my GPU & I still cap my FPS @ 40FPS (1:3 ratio of 120hz) & it still drops a few frames here and there and when it does go down to lets say 38 frames I get a stutter. Not sure why drop frames stutter if my GPU, CPU, Memory & Temps are all well within range?

Just something i've noticed on yours & ISI tracks but VLM tracks such as Sebring. It still baffles me why it does this & I have tried every graphic config under there sun...

16. Coanda

Coanda Registered

@ PB - Just my opinion/feedback and as I have never driven or walked this track so I maybe well off...

I find the FFB over the surface undulations on & off road to be somewhat weak. Please don't take me the wrong I don't race like a lot of newbie's do whereby they set there FFB to 100%, FFB Multiuplier to 120% & FFB smoothness set to 0. I use a peddle-map plugin to monitor my FFB strength for my CSR Elite & make sure my FFB is always under 100% as I do not want to any FFB clipping and steering inaccuracy. Generally I am between 0.7-0.85 on the FFB multiplier & 15-25 on the FFB smoothness. Car & Track dependent of course.

As a test I ran Tommy's Maserati v1.7 @ 0.75 FFB Multi with 24 FFB Smoothness @ Sebring and I can feel the road just nicely & through the heavy turn in undulations (final & first turns) my FFB strength sits between 70%-90% give or take.

I run a test on TWS 2.9CW at 0.8 FFB Multi with 10 FFB Smoothness and for most parts the track feel super smooth, I can only really feel decent undulations at the RH turn and the end of the back straight and even then my FFB strength tops out at around 20-30% give or take. The curbs feel great and are fairly viscous and when hitting one it pushes my FFB strength to 70%-90%. Especially off road I see the car oscillating however I hardly feel a thing.

Just my feedback, please dont hate ;)

17. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Sorry just popped in here to re-download and had to say how much this track is a part of every mod I run online. Thanks again, P.B. :)

18. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I'm posting to say how pleasant of a surprise this track was. I just came across this very, very recently but appreciate the effort.

19. Maug

Maug Registered

I had a go at your track last night and really enjoyed it. Nice work.

20. ops

ops Registered

When I install this mod, the game crashes when entering the race, even when I don't choose this track.

I have the same problem with a few other mods (about 5 in total), while I have over 100 mods installed that run fine.

Any ideas?