Testing server connect/rejoin

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Hectari, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Hectari

Hectari Registered

I joined the Megane test server a number of times, leaving each time under different circumstances and rejoining: leave normally, ending rf2 process, dropping my connection. Every time I managed to reconnect, but dropping my connection brought a strange result once. When I hit JOIN to get back in there was a pause followed by the 'Sever connection failed' box popping up, clicked back and loaded into the server! So that's positive, on older builds i've sometimes been locked out of servers after suffering a connection loss. Tested this another couple of times dropping connection, rejoin went without any problems, server list refreshed and straight back into the touring server.

After that I restarted rf2, clicked on the other test server(mod already installed), waited a while but the join button remained greyed out, had to highlight another server, click back to it and then JOIN appeared. Then many successful rejoins again, all good except for join again taking a while to appear on a couple occasions, only appearing after highlighting another server and clicking back to the test server.

There are issues with skin transfers that I also experienced in 494. Box turns green next to other drivers, when I check the folders for the skin file I see temp files, after a while it will change to normal file naming but I can't see the skin. I had to leave and join again to see it. My skin didn't transfer to others, not sure why, I have skin transfers enabled and it's named properly. Is there a known issue or could it be on my end since it was working between others?

2. Hagen Tröger

Hagen Tröger Registered

I tested several times to join without problems, now both join buttons are greyed out

3. Hectari

Hectari Registered

Those tests I did were last night, just joined both test servers again without any problems.

4. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Are you able to confirm build number listed on update tab?

5. cosimo

cosimo Registered

So far I never had join button greyed out between 515 builds (client to server both 515).
    With 515 client I can see the join button greyed out for 494 servers. If I try to access the same servers with 494 client, the join button is also greyed out, obviously.

6. 88mphTim

Yeah, that's how it should be.

7. Hagen Tröger

Hagen Tröger Registered

yes, it was also the typical yellow color for connectivity if all things are matching, but there wasn't all server informations shown

server and client were build 515

i also picked up a custom server with build 515 in this time, join button greyed out

but it was only one time, but after a restart of rF2, the issue was still there, refresh of MM was not helping

that would not surprise me

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2014
  8. 88mphTim

Thanks for confirming.