Temp Servers and Requests

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kelju_K, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

The idea of this thread is that just clicking the last post, you'll see what temporay servers are online, are going to be, or someone wishes to be hosted TONIGHT!

Mainly because it's very difficult to find races because server and race event names are not exactly self explanatory about the mods and tracks used in the MP Lobby, and checking the mod and track by clicking join button is time consuming and doesnt allways say much about the mod or track used anyways. Plus get mod is not allways working/possible.

Knowing how small group of people ISI staff is, i know it's about us, the community, to make the MP scene more ALIVE, and i know WE CAN do it!!

So if you have a nice track and car combo in your mind, and want to share the fun with others online, post here what you are going to host TONIGHT or WISH to be hosted by someone else if you can't host your self.

-Include info and/or download links of the content

-When (time) you are going to host it, or wish it to be hosted

-What rules and difficulty (aids, damage etc) you'll put in / want to be put in

-Ideology of the mod (race, drifting, just cruising, etc)

-Name of the server(!!!!) if you are the host.

maybe also peferable max ping and players if you so wish.

you get the idea ;)

2. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

Ok so i'll go first.

By request by Rapala, I'll be hosting C6 Coupe by ISI tonight starting 20:00 GMT.

The Server name will be: C6_Coupe_1_night_stand

Nothing too serious, i dont care if we just do practices, but races too are fine by me. you decide by voting... i prob go to bed early today but i'll leave the server on..

Car:
    http://rfactor.net/web/rf2/rf2dl/

Tracks:

-Thruxton
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/f7s45fpz9068xuf/Thruxton.rar

-Oulton Park Fosters
    http://www.internationalsimracing.com/forum/index.php?topic=3667.0

-VLM Sebring Club layout
    http://www.internationalsimracing.com/forum/index.php?topic=1979.0

-ISI Mills Metro innerloop C
    http://rfactor.net/web/rf2/rf2dl/

Auto clutch only, no other aids. preferable max ping 200ms, but i wont be kicking anybody if everything stays stable, and lag free. I have 100/10Mb connection so max players will be limited to 20.

EVERYBODY WELCOME!!!!

P.S. remember to update your game. new build!!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2016
  3. Marketcrash16

Marketcrash16 Registered

I tend to agree with you that we, as the community of Rf2 users, can do a better job of enhancing the online experience. I kind of shake my head when I see a locked server to be honest. In Assetto Corsa you NEED it because there are too many idiots, but in RF2 it really is rare. I also think ISI should be eager to help the community make this possible, as they could be doing a better job.

When you look at the cost of rf2, half of that (lifetime version, or regular +3 years of online) is for online services. And what am I getting for that? Not much. Isi now have 5 servers which is good...but nothing is really being done to entice people to keep the online subscription. Now, I don't expect iracing type of online functionality but gimme something. Even if they set something simple up that amalgamated all the logs from races you entered on the rf2 servers so people could view your wins/ top 5's/ dnf's and displayed it on their page, you'd get a sense of who were good or clean racers. Of the 5 servers they run they could have 1 server for noobs running a Megane (where all assists are available) and mix up the track every week or so (and post an official schedule). The other servers would run maybe dw12 and maybe a gt3 (so similar to what they already do) but make it feel like each race matters.

I'm not asking for a full blown driver rating like iracing, because with as few drivers as there are currently online it wouldn't be worth it (would be awesome though)...but it's not that difficult (especially with tools like rf2 log analyzer) to add a ton of appeal to their own servers by at least tracking and building a profile for guys who race on their server.

4. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Way OT but like Kelju said ISI staff is really really small and it's up to community (read us) to do things like that what you are saying here. Don't get me wrong i kind of agree with you but like Kel said it's up to us.

if you wanna discuss this more please start a new thread and let this one be for what it's supposed to be.