Technical Blog at VirtualRacing.org

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Marcel Offermans, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

Our friends at VirtualRacing.org have started a new technical series of blog articles about the various aspects of the physics engine in rFactor 2. They just published the introduction and first article, which focusses on the center of gravity. Although technical in nature, I think these articles are a good read for anybody interested in racing and the physics behind it. They published both an english and german version. Check it out here: https://www.virtualracing.org/rfactor-2/technik-blog/einfuehrung-introduction/

2. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Happy to see education element becoming more important in simracing, it is absolutely necessary.

Interesting to read this, I am learning a lot. Looking forward to the next blogs.

I was hoping to read about CoG regarding the geometry, howthe rollcenters work, but that really makes sense to be included in geometry topic.

Also it wasn't mentioned, but I think rF2 simulates fuel sloshing, doesn't it ? I suppose it should be related with CoG too. Interestingly full tank being more steady, than half.

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The fuel is sprung I think. No real sloshing.

4. stonec

stonec Registered

Looking forward to reading more. I'd like to see more technical stuff discussed in roadmaps as well.