TC assist not working in Oreca 07 since 2022 Q3 TC update

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Sanchit Rathi, Aug 10, 2022.

1. Sanchit Rathi

Sanchit Rathi Registered

As the title says, the normal RF2 traction control assist and stability control isnt working. I have the assists turned on but the car still spins on throttle in first gear. Presumably the assists arent working and only the onboard traction control is working.
    Is someone else also having this issue?
    (I need assists on because im testing out the cars on the keyboard)
    Thanks in advance guys!

2. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

With the latest version, the Oreca has the new TC and ABS system. So you'll need to use the one built into the car.

Ricardo Diz and juanchioooo like this.
  3. Sanchit Rathi

Sanchit Rathi Registered

So the cars with the new ABS and TC system wont have the option to use the rfactor2 assists? I am super pleased with the implementation of the new electronics. But is there not going to be any option to even have the game assists anymore?

4. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

No. If the car in reality uses traction control, then it will need to use the cars system instead of the game one. I think you'll find you can tune a lot of the TC settings to your driving style.

5. Catrapumba

Catrapumba Registered

Yes, i reported this in the bug section because it seemed a bug to me. And if its not, it is a strange choice from devs. The Traction Control in the gameplay options is like a driving aid, if you choose that aid on high, the car shouldn´t spin on throttle. The same way automatic shifting is an aid even if a car doesn't have auto gearbox in real life. Now GTEs and Oreca have inbuilt TC, if that would do the same job it would be ok but i tried every value in the built in TC setup options, from 0 to 8, and the cars allways spins in Spa first corner. In those cars there's no aid anymore. At least as it used to be. A propper aid. For noobs and casuals.

My steering wheel broke some time ago and before i get a new one i'm using the keyboard. When i press the throttle key is like full gas, nothing in between. Before the update i would never spin in Spa 1st corner (or anywhere for that matter) because the TC aid kicked in. Now, after the update, GTEs and Oreca just spin no matter the value i choose in the built in TC options. I noticed those cars react a little bit better if i turn off the TC on Gameplay Settings and only use the built in TC, but even then, on highest values, the cars still spin in a lot of situations.

Ironically, the way it is now, i spin in a Corvette GTE with built in TC on max but not in a Indycar with no built in TC.

6. Sanchit Rathi

Sanchit Rathi Registered

Appreciate the response @Coutie. I agree that the inbuilt traction control of the car is much more fun to work with and will definitely be much more enjoyable. massive thanks and kudos for the addition of these electronics systems on the cars.

However, as @Catrapumba mentioned, I don’t think there is a need to remove the TC/ABS assist for the cars.

I think that’s what great about RF2 compared to Iracing that you have that option for the assists. And now with the realistic electronics, having the option for the TC/ ABS assist should still be there, but anyone with a wheel will most probably opt to run without assists. Whereas others can use the assists.

I hope this feedback is taken onboard as it would not require too much effort to just have the option for these assists for these cars. And having the option doesn’t take away anything only adds to the game.

Thanks in advance for your feedback

7. Sanchit Rathi

Sanchit Rathi Registered

@Paul Jeffrey Just wanted to bring this topic to your attention. I dont see any reason to drop the base game TC on these vehicles (LMP2, GTEs), because they have the new TC system.

The cars are marvellous with the new TC. But I dont see how having the option for the base game TC can hurt. When I play with a wheel I disable the game TC and keep the car TC. But sometimes I put on some skins/liveries and drive around with the keyboard and then enable the base game TC.

Having the option to enable and disable that assist would be fantastic and should be kept in the RF2. Even with all the future cars that will get the new TC system.

Hope you take this into consideration as I dont expect this change to take too much effort.

Thanks for your time and I look froward to hearing from you

8. Sanchit Rathi

Sanchit Rathi Registered

This has been fixed since the 2022 October release candidate. Thank you to the S397 team for making this change back with the option for the assists to be used.:)