Discussion in 'Locations' started by 6e66o, Oct 1, 2012.
Corti - merci
Just couldn't find it with all them other HUDS about...
Adding unique bump map to road material
A few more screenshots of new road material
Marry m...ahem Merry Christmas and awesome work!!!
Great work svictor. Loving the new grass.
Very good progress.
To maximus1971, nice driving and vids.
I'm having an issue with stage 4. Seems the AI takes an immediate left, goes up the hill & crashes off track.
& I can run the track but I record no time on the track at all.
anybody else ??
anything I can do right now to fix it, short of re-installing (do that later, I guess) ??
To have timing correctly recorded, you have to wait session count down timer start (that's when pit light turns from Red to Green) before exit garage. For new UI, the "real" count down timer is no longer visible, the timer on WATCH page could not indicate when pit is open (though you can still view it from LCD panel "Race info" page while in car), it is best wait for 60s at session beginning before exit pit. I have made a new pit exit warning sign board that will be included in next update, that should help recognize when pit is open for exit.
The next update will also fix some rare timing issue with wrong lap time.
AI issue was mentioned in 0.28 changelog:
Edit: Just managed to fix AI problem with Stage 4, and AI runs fine now. Will be updated soon.
New Version 0.29 here with new night illumination, improved ground textures & materials, and many fixes. See changelog for details.
Download Link 1(thanks to Corti): http://www.internationalsimracing.com/forum/index.php?topic=2795
Download Link 2(thanks to maximus1971): https://www.mediafire.com/file/ut5ete5lsdzc660/Targa_Florio_v0.29.rfcmp/file
- Added PIT exit sign board. (If playing rally stage, please wait until this "PIT CLOSED" sign board disappear, then click RACE/DRIVE button to exit garage, otherwise may get penalty for exit pit under red light.)
- Added hundred of night lights and illumination.
- Adjusted start timing position for rally stages, in order to fix rare wrong timing issue.
- Fixed AI that taking wrong route at Rally Stage 4.
- Added hundreds of bump map textures to road materials.
- Up-scaled many textures to higher resolution, various color tweaking to improve overall view.
- Corrected most of floating & popping objects (LOD) for cockpit view at forward direction.
- Fixed ClipPlanes values.
- Fixed visibility issue of some objects.
- Adjusted VisGroups for many objects.
Spoiler: previous log
- New 4 rally stages, all pits&garages&grids are set at same location. (Do not click RACE button until the start of session timer begins to countdown, otherwise will receive penalty. AI currently does not work at Stage 4, other Stages are ok.)
- New 3D grass, enabled by setting "Circuit Detail" to FULL (lower "Circuit Detail" to disable).
- New set of Loading Screens & Icons (thanks to the track map created by John Bradley).
- Added some ambient sounds.
- Adjusted terrain feedback for grass and gravel.
- Reduced cut detection.
- Fixed horizon & various objects LOD issue.
- Fixed some road texture UV map.
- Fixed various objects.
- Removed pitlane speed limit.
- Original GPL & RF2 Credits readme.txt are now packaged inside Targa_Florio.mas
- Main 72km road surface was re-constructed with 8 square subdivision across 6-7 meter wide surface. The new surface also includes around 2% crossfall and some random height variation (about 1cm).
(Real road is still disabled, due to several minutes long loading time and unstable performance.)
- Re-adjusted Terrain feedback (TDF) values for the new surface, most of RoadBumpLen values are reduced accordingly.
- Renamed track name to "Targa Florio 1967" on track list, added track icon for old UI.
- Fixed folder/mas structure, default weather is now working.
- Added new Haze values to GDB file.
- Road sign & stone are a little heavier now.
- Fixed a floating tree (trees589.gmt).
- Fixed clipping signs (scilla1,scitopl,scitopr,calta7,calta1,scilla02,scitopl01,scitopr01,rosi). Most of the clipping is caused by incorrect mesh normal (recalculated with 3dsimed or other 3d software for fixing). Commented out duplicated gmt entries in SCN.
- Erased many duplicated materials (suffix name _MU,_CR).
- Changed most of "Alpha Blending Transparency" material to "Alpha Chroma".
- Reverted road grip value back to original.
- All trackside crowds and vehicles are now visible in all sessions (as also in GPL).
- Reduced base haze value for cloudy and storm.
- Fixed pitlane sector timing objects position (Previously was placed outside real pitlane area). Garage area was and still is the only working pitlane area.
- Fixed moveable objects that couldn't receive lights due to incorrect pivot points (thanks to senormen's solution!)
- Adjusted one of grass diffuse texture (_GRASS_ADD.DDS) for better color/brightness transition.
- Each MAS file now includes _batching.scn file with correct tag for easy batching process.
- fixed objects that flickering during night.
- restored and excluded some bump textures from batching progress.
- Updated old GDB entries with new values, new geographical position. Loose objects are lighter (to avoid one KO). Old obsolete values are removed/commented out.
- Updated TDF, reduced main road grip by 1%, increased grass grip (help cars recovering).
- Updated all textures, corrected brightness (based on DDS files from v0.1, in order to preserve original rich color), see screenshots.
- Updated SCN files with new values, including reflectionmapper and IBL probe. Old obsolete values are removed/commented out.
- Updated all Tree shaders to T1 no shadow, so they don't recieve shadows (to avoid bad looking shadow on X board tree model).
- Updated new haze value to eliminate white horizon effect, make sure you select default weather, or remove old TARGA_FLORIOs.wet inside "UserData\player\Settings\Targa_Florio" folder.
- Both GPL & RF2 readme.txt is packaged inside Targa_Florio_Regular_Grid.mas.
Happy new year.
English: s.victor just awesome!
Spanish: S.Victor es impresionante!!
Italian/sicilian: minchia S.Victor è impressionante!
Awesome work so far!
Now I need to understand why rF2 doesn't run smooth as before (not mod related) in order to enjoy my hometrack as soon as possible...those night lights are great!
@svictor - thanks so much for working on this, especially the track mesh - it's so much more interesting to drive (almost a laser scanned feel) + huge improvement to the looks ....the speed with which you are making wholesale changes to this massive beast is also very impressive. Been spending so much time on this that it should be renamed to "Targa Divorcio"
a more literal translation would be "just f**king awesome!"
I can't wait to test.
A very big thank you to victor.
Wouldn't it be time in an upcoming V0.3 to create a new thread for this version?
Thanks. I'm not sure at the moment. I have thought about creating new thread, but then have the feeling that I may not be able to continue working on this track forever, and a new thread will likely be deserted again.
It's a giant track, there are of course many things can be improved, but require even more time or skills to do, and those things may not change the driving experience.
So far I'm glad that most of the important aspects of this track were already done, at least for the driving experience.
I have tried a lot of cars, classic, modern, fast, slow, heavy, light, manual gearbox, automatic driving ... all my real pleasure. The quality of the grip is great and the atmosphere is magnificent. La Targa florio is still topical and would be a family holiday destination, can I meet you for me in October?
Separate names with a comma.