Targa Florio V.1 "Welding Goggles Mod"

Discussion in 'Other' started by myself9, May 17, 2015.

1. myself9

myself9 Registered

UPDATE -- Rather than taking the approach of just replacing the texture files, a new complete build is being uploaded and a link will be available soon

Apparently, there are TWO V0.1 Targa Floio's floating around out there. This fix is for the Gubba version. A new file for the 6e66o version will be uploaded soon if possible

I dug in and darkened the textures in Targa Florio to at least make it driveable until a team of talented modders steps up and tackles this behemoth course and gives it the TLC that it needs.

The bad:
    OF COURSE, something got broken in the process -- the grass on the sides of the road look like soot. Like there was a recent grass fire or something. A leap of faith I can take.
    I'm unable to open the gmt's or MAX files to see what's causing the problem. I think it's a shader thing.
    I tooled around with the files which I thought could be the culprits, but no luck.
    Hopefully someday soon someone can look a little deeper and see where the problem lies and we can do another quick patch.

The dust is even more annoying.

Replays look like crap. Just stay in your car and it's fine :)

The Good:
    It looks good enough to drive.
    It's Targa Florio

Installation:
    Make sure you have the GUBBA Targa Florio V0.1 installed.
    Put the downloaded file in RF2\Installed\Locations\Targa_Florio\0.1
    Overwrite the original. (backup the original mas file if you think you'll ever need it again)

Go into F:\GAMES\RF2\UserData\Log\CBash
    delete the 2 Targa Florio files.

Load up the game/car/course.
    RACE!

I advise setting the time to mid morning or mid afternoon. It makes the black grass a little less obvious.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2015
  2. kimikaze

kimikaze Registered

Thanks.

3. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Thanks mate!

Edit:
    When I drag the file into the Targa Florio install folder and overwrite the original file, the track won't show up in the in-game track list anymore?
    Is it because the new file name isn't written in caps? Could that mess things up somehow?

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2015
  4. myself9

myself9 Registered

The files in my folder are not written in all caps.

I was reading through the old post in the Targa thread last night and realized that there are/were TWO Targa releases, right?
    One from 6e66o and one from Gubba.

You've got one, I've got the other. Let me do a little research to figure out which version I used. SHOULD be the 6e66o version...

5. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Ah I wasn't even aware that there are two versions. With the same version number even?

6. myself9

myself9 Registered

Unfortunately, neither was I. :(

Same version number and everything. You and most likely everyone else has Georg's version, while I somehow ended up with Gubba's.

I'm fixing the issue now and a new file should be available shortly. Thank you so much for catching that problem and saying something before I broke everyone's RF2! :)

7. myself9

myself9 Registered

Stumped. Converted the files from the 6e660 version, packaged them all up, replaced the MAS file with the new file, and it's broken.

Fixing this may require more expertise.

If anyone would like to dig in and take a look at what the problem is, PM me and I'll provide you with the modified textures.

8. myself9

myself9 Registered

Forget this "just replacing the texture files" approach.

A complete new build is available in the Targa Florio WIP thread

BIG apologies if I broke anyone's game :( ;)