Taming Radical SR3

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Comante, Oct 31, 2019.

1. Comante

Comante Registered

The fact is that ride height is quite arbitrary as it does not take care of the underside shape of the car. Even if the underside is completely flat but has a diffuser , the venturi effect can kick in, in this case the car may be designed to work with the front a bit taller than the back. But the data available to us relate only to the available suspension travel in compression. Not much else unfortunately. What I mean in short is that you can think you are raising the front taller than the rear, but the car body could still appear to be lower in front (unless you go to extreme measures).

JimmyT likes this.
  2. jayk

jayk Registered

3. DJChrizz

DJChrizz Registered

Thanks for the Info, nice video !
    I drive the Radical GT3 now in rFactor 2 and need some setup help with this car on 24H Nordschleife Layout.
    the stock setup is not nice for me, rear wing on about 14 is nice, tc on 2 and some settings on suspension /antisway makes this car mor stabil on the rear. But I test it and I want to be quicker on this long track, perhaps you have some good setup tricks for this radical turbo ?

First, I will take a look to your setup post here and see what I can do here :)

Greets ChriZZ

Last edited: Jun 3, 2021
  4. Comante

Comante Registered

The Radical GT3 is completely different from SR3. Won't use the same setup

5. DJChrizz

DJChrizz Registered

Yes, the Radical RXC Turbo GT3 is different. But I choose the car for a NOS 24H race and have to setup the RXC.
    Makes fun to drive but careful of the rear :-/ the looking to the track is fine too in VR, I only drive in VR since some weeks after I test a VR glass. Next day I orderd my .... it's a game changer for me, something new.

The Radical RXC Turbo GT3 has a higher gearing (never use the 6 gear) than the other GT3 cars. Why ?

6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

14mm rake? so if the ride ht was set at 6mm in the front, the rear ride ht would be 20mm?