Talent file (Need Help) Indy2014

Discussion in 'Modding' started by boxer, Apr 25, 2015.

1. boxer

boxer Registered

I'm trying to create a talent file for my Indy2014 skin pack but I'm stuck... from what Can see I'm getting random finishing positions in game... (I don't believe my talent file has an affect on anything)... so it is obvious I', doing something wrong I just don't know what.

The idea is to setup a few groups within the talent file based on the 2014 divers finishing positions.
    All drivers within the same group would have the same talent (the hope is that this will generate a random finish order within each group) while keeping the faster guys at the front and the slow drivers at the back.

I attached my Talent, and Veh files and also included my excel file I used to create the Talent file.
    I pulled the talent from the "Static Values" tab in the excel spread sheet.

View attachment 16499

Talent file...
    sample VEH file:

2. boxer

boxer Registered

I believe I found reason... the values are too close to each-other.
    Now that I increased the difference in the values between the groups I get a more predictable result.

3. pitkin

pitkin Registered

I've adjusted the talent file to give extreme differences between drivers, but they all still seem very closely matched. I'm not convinced the talent file is getting used by the game. I've asked the question in another thread if the talent files need to be in the car mas for them to work. After spending an evening fiddling around trying various things, I still couldn't create any real differences between drivers. I wonder if you can confirm you are still getting predictable results using your talent file?

4. Lgel

Lgel Registered

As many I haven't seen any significant result using talent files.
    Personally I use an upgrade file with an adjusted power multiplier for playing off line with ligue mods.
    This allows you to override a power handicap if you want to run a specific livery of an under performing car in real life without this penalty (if you wish so).
    It works very well after some fine tuning.

This change can be packaged as an update, so with a single click you can desinstall it to play with the original mod (for on line racers).
    Cheers.

Here is a sample.

UpgradeType="Engine Power Changes"
    {
    UpgradeLevel="On"
    {
    Description="Off Line Edition"
    HDV=[ENGINE]
    HDV=GeneralPowerMult=0.95
    }
    UpgradeLevel="Off"
    {
    Description="Ligue Edition"
    HDV=[ENGINE]
    HDV=GeneralPowerMult=1.0
    }
    }

5. pitkin

pitkin Registered

That seems like a good idea. I'll give it a try later on today. Presumably this wouldnt work with the Indycars though as the upgrades.INI will be packed into the car.MAS which is locked?
    Plus, I guess this method would only work for individual car types and couldn't be applied to each driver seperately?

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2015
  6. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Indycars team mas file is not encrypted, where .veh files are stored (at least Boxer and Michael Peters version I use now).

It works for individual drivers if you want so, each driver has a different .veh which is the place you call the upgrade file, just give two different upgrade files to the two drivers of the same team.

I didn't invent the trick myself, I saw a mod for Formula Extreme in GSCE that used this feature with very good results, and tried it in RF2 with success.

Cheers.

7. pitkin

pitkin Registered

Great, I'll give it a try now. Thanks for your help. :)

8. pitkin

pitkin Registered

Tried it. Porblem is, the Indycars have their own upgrades.ini stored in the DW12_car.MAS. If I create and pack my own ini, it uses mine but that doesn't contain the settings from the original. This gives a mesh error and causes the car model not to load. I presume I'd have to copy the settings from the original upgrades.ini into my own for it to work properly?

9. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Yes, normally I add those lines to the original upgrade file.

Catch 22, the original upgrade file is in an encrypted file.

Some leagues request and obtain from ISI those keys to fine tune their cars for their ligue.

May be someone can provide us with a copy of this upgrade file?

Thanks.

10. pitkin

pitkin Registered

Oh well, thanks for your assistance.
    Looks like we need ISI to come in and help, unless anyone else will be able to post the upgrades.ini.

On a side note, all of my experimentation with making the AI spread more hasn't worked unless I start changing the "AIRange=" to a higher value in the AIW's of the tracks. I wonder why they chose such a low value as default?
    It would be nice to have these little tweaks made easier to access, perhaps even in game.

11. peterchen

peterchen Registered

This should be covered with AILimiter-value.
    How is your AILimiter-setting in Player.JSON ?
    Many modders don´t seem to realise that the RCD file has to be named the same as class-name is.
    Maybe there is the cause?

Edit: For location question: RCD in the car_Main.MAS works. I think in the talent-folder don´t work anymore,
    but not sure.

12. pitkin

pitkin Registered

I've tried the AI limiter at both 0 and 1 (I usually leave it at 0) and found no difference for the Indycar.

If the RCD needs to be in the car_MAIN.MAS, then some of the talents for the ISI cars will be uneditable, which will explain why I'm having no success.

13. Emery

Emery Registered

AI limiter is a range from 0 to 1 rather than a binary switch. Try 0.001 and 0.25.

14. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Sorry to bring this back up but I was wondering if, in case there is another update, this package will be released again? Or if we may have the individual teams released too?

Lastly and supremely important, the .rfcmp needs to be named different, without spaces or periods, otherwise GetMod fails. Something like 2014_Skinpack_ISI_DW12-v163 would be perfect.

15. boxer

boxer Registered

Sure I'll update it.. I would like to fix JHC graphic issue, added the pack to the Remote section of the Launcher and put on up steam.
    and perhaps create a series using only the ISI base tracks.

Gui not sure I'll create 33 max files..I would like to understand the the benefits. (post a link for your Clio sample and I'll have a look).
    I know you mention that it's easier to replace the skin in MP but why would you want to do that? I think at that point you most likely have a League version of the skins no?

I'm open to suggestions/fixes... I may need some help to test in MP before I post a new link.

16. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

The benefit of .mas files would perhaps be negated by it being a single package that everyone would have, instead of it being a custom team file to be shared online. It transfers all car files, not just the chassis. So helmet, driver suit and whatever else, will show up. But if all the team files were to be released as individual paints, as well, then it would be good to have them available in .mas so it can be utilized whenever there are ISI Indycar updates. I am in a 2014 Indycar league and it was a b*tch convincing people to run the skinpack instead of just the base fictional series. Here's my URD Porsche packed in .mas: http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=42006 . I've been in online sessions where other people had my car too, and they edited the helmet for example, that was nice to see.

There still a couple of hiccups with the Indycar so maybe if it's a gargantuan effort, hold it off for a little longer in case there's a Indycar update. It would be a crime to have the .rfcmp designated for v1.63 not work because there is a v1.64, or whatever, come out right after.

Quick question: Can helmets be exported in DXT5? The way the visors look lack "depth" from reflection.

ps: The JHC, the powered by Honda writing is not leveled/symmetrical on the right side compared to the left.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2015