T500RS stops working in 32bit- probably rf2+WIN8 problem

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by TIG_green, Jul 2, 2014.

1. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

My wheel stops working when hitting "race" in garage (game doesn't recognize wheel anymore) in 32bit version. Doesn't happen in 64bit. So atm 32bit is unpalyable for me (which is shame becuase track map plugin won't work in 64bit). I had these wheel problems several builds ago but then it was fixed with some build but now again :(

2. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Surely somebody else is using WIN 8.1 64bit and owns a T500? Is it working for you in the 32bit mode?

3. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

It works in both modes with my Win8.1 Pro and T500RS.
    It's gone a bit 'nuts' on the ffb for me...but it works.
    I ran a few laps with the 32 bit mode before renaming the 64 bit exe to convert over to 64 bit.
    What firmware are you running for the wheel?
    I'm running F/w 41 with driver version 2.7.83.0

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2014
  4. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Not sure if I have "PRO" version of 8.1 but the wheel firmware is the same. Package is 2.TTRS.2013.

EDIT: changed to 32bit version to try again: at first the wheel worked when I hit "race". Drove couple of laps around Silverstone. Then I returned to pits and hit "race" again. Suddenly wheel didn't work anymore (no reaction to inputs, no reaction to inputs in controller settings either). Then I returned to main menu and went to controller settings and the wheel worked again. I then went back to race and the wheel didn't work again. Returned to menu and wheel didn't work there either anymore.

So in conclusions, there is a bug with 32bit version.

EDIT 2: Tried the same thing again with 64bit and everything worked. So if it works with 64bit but not with 32bit .exe then it must be a rf2 problem, right?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2014
  5. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

Do you have another computer you can try it on? If not....
    Try this... Create a shortcut to Thrustmaster Control properties on your desktop.
    Try to see if you can get the wheel working in either 32 or 64 bit RF2.
    When it stops responding in the game, try alt tabbing out of RF2 back to your desktop and launch the TM controller properties.
    Go in under 'Test Input' tab and see if the wheel responds there.
    That'll definitely tell you if the problem is RF related or hardware related.

6. aerobaticrug

aerobaticrug Registered

No way! I have the same issue. I've even just reinstalled windows 8.1 and start again.

Sometimes the t500 - its 2 months old, latest firmware and drivers, is recognised until I enter a session then its 'missing'

With the T500 software open, that is picking up the inputs -rfactor 2 is not.

Same scenario, 8.1 fully updated, latest firmware and drivers 32bit rf2 770.

No issue with the x64.

7. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I've had (and many others) this exact same issue in some earlier build which they then fixed. Yes, it only stops responding in rf2. Well, I haven't tried to keep the profile open at the same time but when I exit rf2 the wheel works again, so that is enough proof for me.

8. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Good to know I'm not the only one. So, as I suspected, it's this build + WIN 8.1 64bit which is the problem here. Problem should be easy to found once they know what is common with this build and earlier builds that had this problem. (at least two of the more recent builds didn't have this problem and they were 32bit.exe)

9. aerobaticrug

aerobaticrug Registered

Its annoying as obviously plugins like trackmap are useless. However 64bit is aweome

10. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Just in case, have you guys tried delete any additional 32bit plugins you might have in rf2?

11. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I have only track map plugin (0.94) installed, always have had. Only two (maybe even one) build(s) before this where I had this wheel problem (granted that I have had WIN 8 just from the beginning of last autumn).