KNOWN T500RS disconnection problem related to build 300?

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by TIG_green, Oct 2, 2013.

1. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I'm referring to this problem: http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/15503-Wheel-problem

I'm starting to think it's build 300 related because the wheel doesn't have this problem with GSC 2012 demo (which I installed just to test my theory).

So nobody else has this problem with WIN 8 64 bit OS+ build 300 combination?

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I haven't experienced it with that combo. But, the other thread does have some indicators that might help narrow it down if it is a software fault, so I made sure to pass that thread on.

3. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Thrustmaster technical support gave me this answer but it seems far fetched: (they don't explain why they want me to do these things, and as if they have ignored the fact that this seems only happen with rf2 and only in certain situations)

"Regarding your T500 RS.

We recommend you to download and install the "CCleaner" application:

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download/standard

Launch it and uninstall everything you have installed from Thrustmaster and also run a complete clean-up of your operating system, as well as of the REGISTRY database.

After finishing the process, please restart the computer.

Also, please make sure all Antivirus, Spyware and similar programs are deactivated before launching the installation procedure again (Windows Firewall included).

We recommend you to download and install the latest drivers from our support page.

http://ts.thrustmaster.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=1&fid=2&pid=316&cid=15

Furthermore, please carefully follow the instructions from the link below in order to flash the latest firmware version on your racing wheel:

http://ts.thrustmaster.com/download...500RS/Firmware/T500RS_V41_Firmware_Update.pdf

Also, we would like to recommend you to make sure to directly connect the wheel to the rear USB port of your PC and not use any USB hubs, powered or not. Furthermore, please make sure to directly connect the power adapter to a wall power outlet and not a power slip.

Furthermore, please tell us if the problem can be reproduced while only testing the wheel in Gamecontroller for some time. We recommend you to set all the Force Feedback forces on maximum in the Control Panel of the wheel - Gain Settings. After doing so, please go in the Test Forces tab and test the Force Feedback effects of the wheel and tell us if the connection between your wheel and the PC is lost or if the LED on the power adapter will go off.

Also, please check the entire length of the USB cable, as well as the pedal set cable and investigate if the cables were pinched in some spot without your knowledge.

Please also tell us if you are using Teamspeak when playing your racing game.

If the problem still persists, please also include photo of the sticker located on the bottom side of the wheel base.

We are looking forward to your answer.
    Thrustmaster Technical Support is at your disposal for any other information you may need. You can reach us online at the following addresses:

http://ts.thrustmaster.com/eng for the latest updates and FAQs

or by telephone at one of the numbers listed on the following page: http://ts.Thrustmaster.com/eng/index.php?pg=contact

Kind regards,

Your Thrustmaster Technical Support Agent, Robert"

4. 88mphTim

Well, I'd certainly update firmware and drivers, if you haven't. But other than that, it seems a bit OTT.

5. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I have installed latest drivers/firmware several times already (after uninstalling the drivers first of course). This is because at first I thought I fixed it when I first time installed the newest (released 18.9) drivers... it worked for some time and then the problem came back.

6. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I was playing online today and noticed that when I went back to online lobby my wheel didn't get disconnected. (only thing I had changed was that I plugged the power cord right to a wall socket, not to a extension block). Then I tested it offline but the problem was still there. It could be that I haven't had this problem in online anymore for a while but only in offline... can't be sure because I have only tested offline recently.

But this points me even stronger to a rf2 problem.

Also it appears that the problem is somewhat mod depantant. I managed to find out that some vmods don't cause this problem. Example: View attachment 10167

Is there something special about this vmod?

EDIT: no disconnection online when new track was loaded or when the weekend was started. (earlier there has been disconnection in these cases also)

I need sleep now.

7. cosimo

cosimo Registered

I'm also experiencing some variant of this issue, with Win 8 and T500RS.
    It never happened during a practice or race session. Only happens when loading a new track or (probably) when Alt+Tab'ing around.

8. patrod

patrod Registered

Hi all,

i'm experiencing a similar issue even with rFactor1. My t500RS+F1 never was disconnected during long practice (3 hours or more) but always during race after one and half hour and always when i'm using TeamSpeak.

so, my point is why thrustmaster's support asked if you were using Teamspeak? this seems odd to me.:(

9. 88mphTim

TIG, are you on W7 as your profile says, or W8?

10. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

WIN 8 64 bit (profile updated).

Also tested that there is no difference weather I plug my wheel's power cord straight to wall socket or to an extension block.

I have Teamspeak installed but I can confirm that this problem exists weather or not you use Teamspeak. (EDIT: haven't yet tested if I have same problem online if I use Teamspeak, at least the problem exist offline even without Teamspeak so I doubt that's the problem).

@patrod, I very rarely play more than two hours at once... and my longest race has been 1 hour so can't confirm what you are saying. I haven't had disconnection during any session, only in other situations as I have described.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2013
  11. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

You can move this thread to technical support section if you like. Many of Logitech G25/27 users are experiencing disconnections too as you notice.

12. patrod

patrod Registered

Hi TIG_green,

i also noticed that before each time my wheel was disconnected, my braking behaviour is modified. I need to brake very very early.
    So, i bought the CSP v2 from Fanatec and i'll tell you if it's better or not.

Did you notice this comportment?

13. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

No I have not. This is because I have never lost connection while on track. Only when exiting a session or when a new track has loaded or a race weekend has been restarted.

14. 88mphTim

It seems to only happen with W8. Which I have already read has some USB problems. I'm starting to get worried we can't do much about this issue.

When you consider that (still) the most viewed post on my personal blog is regarding a fix for audio issues in Windows XP, that Microsoft never successfully patched, it's pretty telling. I hope it's not going to be a W8 issue, frankly.

15. MarcG

MarcG Registered

it was fine pre Build 240, as I mentioned to Terence in the Tech thread maybe an update to Windows 8 along the way caused a glitch, just an idea.

16. LowRider

LowRider Registered

Must be something else. I am on W8 64bit too and my T500 works with build 300 like it should.

17. 88mphTim

If they did, it's possible we'd forever be fighting this issue. Scary thought, frankly. Terence is aware of that, yeah.

18. MarcG

MarcG Registered

it is scary, cant even begin to tell you how frustrating it is currently :( my Faith is in Terence!

19. 88mphTim

I'm going to go ahead and assume that people might have different USB drivers, different motherboards, have installed different W8 updates, etc. The common element has been W8.

20. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

So should we contact Microsoft? Will you contact Microsoft? Who should contact who? :p