[REL] T5 series 2012/13 V2 by UnitedRacingDesign

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, Mar 28, 2013.

1. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

Just time!!! , Will be true?

pd.- mae mia del carmelo

2. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

the endless story

3. sman

sman Registered

cant see it yet :D:D:D:D:D

4. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

Aura T5 V195 DEMO:
    -Fully new physics by Miro including new engine.
    -New improved shaders,
    -Windows mesh remodeled and shader and adjusted.
    -New 3d tire model plus textures,
    -New way for liverys like on JT5.
    -Better driver animation thanks to Alex Coutie
    -Cockpit shaders improvet and added some shading.

(known issues various sound volume adjustments (suspension, tires, engine, others) and front tires come out of bumper but i will fix that in V2)

Download here https://www.dropbox.com/s/8actwxmtdida7j5/URD_T5_Aura_V195.rfcmp?dl=0

Test that and drop us feedback

5. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Could you please clarify what will happen if I re-pack 1.81 skinpack update to 2.01 or something, without re-saving textures (I do not know much about skinnig). Will mod be mostly ok, just imperfect, or I'll get severe artifacts?

6. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

It will work, the skinpack textures should thought be resaved without the baked shading from original author for better results.

The Iron Wolf likes this.
  7. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Cockpit looks a bit dull/dark...maybe its just me? About the vmax i`m not sure, what had the real 2013 Audi DTM aprox. vmax?

8. sman

sman Registered

sofar i done some laps at SPA like the car sound i changed stw to 540 degr that feels better as 630 (i am, using OSW Lenze 29Nm and ingame adjusting min ffb isnt the way for a OSW ) , perhaps you can add also 612
    but still FFB feels a bit deadzonish in the center compared to several other RF2 cars and mod cars but maybe with more caster it will be better .

but general opinion OK

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
    pedro ramada and Miro like this.
  9. Miro

Miro Registered

Allright thanks for the info, this is the second report about this issue with two different wheels. I haven't had yet time to check but will for sure do.

10. Lgel

Lgel Registered

The car is well balanced, good default setup (safe, understeer).
    Car is easy to drive on default, but on a more balanced setup for tire wear optimization, it may be trickier to drive at the limit.
    Tires work well with default camber.
    No problem with the steering with default values and a G27.
    May be you could revise fuel estimates (too high).
    Thanks and cheers.

11. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Had time to quickly refine setup to my liking, to reduce front tires wear, with normal tuning (no strange values needed).

Contrary to the previous version, the car while remaining very fast, is super fun to drive, remains predictable, requiring some throttle control to avoid swapping ends, and occasional counter steer.

Rf2 and RF2 modders have come a long way.

Congratulations.

Miro, The Iron Wolf, marmagas and 2 others like this.
  12. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

Just took the car for a quick spin.
    It really looks and feels great. But I will try taking it for a longer stint during the weekend to give a more detailed feedback later!

However, I've notice that there is an annoying jarring noise while standing next to a wall (seems connected to the echos). Is it only me who noticed this?

Finally I do have a wish: Would you mind replacing the driver head with the latest default rF2 one?

13. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Nope, you're not the only one to notice it. Sounds like some big feedback from an amp.

Tested the car at Sachsenring, but it felt underwhelming wich is most likely caused by the track. Can't believe that my most local track is such a boring piece of tarmac and they propably should have taken a closer look at the historic layout. :D

Anyway looks, sounds and drives nicely but I need to test a bit more. Feels pretty much on the safe side so far. I also noticed a reflection issue with the side windows from cockpit view wich was pretty noticable while driving. Got to check though whether this is track related or not.

14. Miro

Miro Registered

Thank you L.
    Your feedback, criticism as praise, is allways very much appreciacted!

15. Miro

Miro Registered

I suggest to use only ISI tracks for testing purposes. Not saying modders tracks are not any good of course but some tracks have some issues which are not visible but only related to the surface and that deos have an impact on tires, generall behaviour etc.

EDIT:
    None of the recent released cars from URD have undergone any changes that would make them either on the safe or unsafe side. They are as is by design without any modifications which would alter the driving experience related to difficulty on purpose. For me personally that is something important to point out. :)

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
    Eddy likes this.
  16. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Nice car to drive. Great job URD and @Mrslfrsl . Only thing I noticed in my half hour test has already been pointed out is ffb around centre of the wheel (hardware see under this post)

Miro likes this.
  17. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Thanks for the demo!!

The grip is exaggerated, but it was on the older cars, too. I suspect it is on purpose to make the cars more fin/easier to drive online or in leagues. I am OK with that, although a configuration option for normal and "easier" handling would be awesome. I assume that could be controlled online to ensure everyone was using the same config?

Damage--wow!! Why can't the ISI/S397 cars have more realistic damage like these?

Sounds are very nice as are the graphics.

Steering on my Fanatec feels great out of the box. Not saying people with troubles are imagining things--rF2 itself needs development to work properly with all major wheels. For example, the F2 has always felt almost undriveable on the Fanatec, yet others love it. There must be differences in how rF2 is handling hardware to have polar opposite views of the same car. Very rarely does everyone agree that the FFB is properly calibrated--the USF2000 is one of the few. Since ISI couldn't even get it, I know it must be very difficult for modders to get the car to work well with all major wheels.

18. Lgel

Lgel Registered

You affirm that "Grip is exagerated", do you have any data to sustain this statement?
    Too high G recorded on track with telemetry in RF2 vs real car data from a team?
    Lap times much quicker than real cars on a good ISI track?

I don't have any solid data, so I won't contradict you.

But a DTM car (as JT5 ) car has very high levels of grip in real life (lot of downforce), very strong brakes (professional pilots are surprised of how late they can brake), read a real life pilot testing one on the net. Nothing in common with GT (GTE, GT2 or GT3) cars, you can enjoy them with their high grip or prefer less grippy cars like GT3.

Did you check the tire wear you were getting (balance between front and rear wear) before asking for a more difficult version to drive? A balanced setup necessary to win races may be a little more challenging to drive.

Cheers.

Juergen-BY and Korva7 like this.
  19. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

I really like this car now. I didn't drive the older version much, so i can't compare, but in this new version ffb feels good and i like how the car behaves when driving on the limit. I use 500 steering ange instead of the stock setting (610 if i remember right). That made the car feel more responsive and made it easier to control oversteering. Maybe with smaller rim i wouldn't feel the need for this, but i'm using 32cm rim at the moment.

20. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

i like very fun and nice sound good job again! ;)