[REL] T5 series 2012/13 V2 by UnitedRacingDesign

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Daytona 675

Daytona 675 Registered

Maybe here: http://unitedsimracing.net/projects

Miro and Nismogtr like this.
  2. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

thanks, that's probably what it is as I am running with vorpx.

3. Nismogtr

Nismogtr Registered

4. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

For me this just looks like wrong texture/template used for interior glass (extra0). Could you please try one of the default cars/skins?

5. Miro

Miro Registered

Ok, that sounds better. I do not have an OSW so I am just curious myself really. Usually if somebody mentiones "strange behaviour" related to the steering that rises my alarm bells.

I am sure all the guys which work with the OSW hardware including Dennis know what they talk about. :)

6. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Thanks, I'll try it once I get a chance. I however used this skin pack and in the past, and I do not remember this problem, so more likely something has changed in my settings. I recently changed resolution as new version of vorpx finally works with 8:9 resolution correctly.

7. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Sorry I gave you the wrong impression about what I felt/feel English still is difficult :(

8. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

I've checked the skins of the skinpack too and don't have this error (skinpack from http://unitedsimracing.net/projects it is I think).

---

Last weekend I've ran some laps around different tracks and had some short races with the latest T5 demo. This confirmed my first impressions from some days ago: The look and feel is great, the driving itself is as well.:cool:
    However my wish remains to replace the driver helmet with the latest ISI default helmet (it looks much better IMO) and I have another wish: Would it be possible to have an upgrade option for the T5 to be competitive to the JT5? It would be really great to have a mixed Japanese-German-Touring-Prototype-Class they weren't able to achieve in the real world :D

I'm really looking forward to the update of the whole mod (and of course any new season)!;)

9. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

I tend to use different amounts of overall filter and ffb strength for different cars. I think there might be some car specific in-game ffb filtering in differing amounts in different mods. This car seems to need less filter than other cars. I use 7 and for other cars i usually need 10-13.
    Also for this car i use only 500 degrees of steering angle. So with reduced steering angle and reduced overall filter the ffb of this car feels very good to me with my Argon Lenze OSW. And i dont use min ffb torgue either.

Miro likes this.
  10. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Same issue with default skins. It doesn't bother me too much though, because those models will be updated soon and there will be native VR support in the game soon (so my weird resolutions and FOV won't be needed). Thanks for help though :)

11. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

You're welcome! However, I feel a little challenged by this issue so I still would like to know two more things :D
    1. Did you test it with just a single car on track (generic ISI track) too?
    2. Have you tried some default display settings too?
    ...just to isolate the possible sources for this error (as it could remain even after the MOD was updated) :cool:

12. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

I will let you know if I observe anything. You made me think about whether track has anything to do with it and I got suspicious, because on right window you can see "Mercedes" letters. Now, default URD skin does not have this texture anywhere, but I had same artifact. But the track is Hockenheim, which has this word somewhere on it, so maybe I am getting it from track somehow, or maybe I am dreaming too far :) Anyway, if I figure anything out I'll respond.

FuNK! likes this.
  13. Miro

Miro Registered

OK, regarding steering I will set up a steering option in the tuning menu which should be a solution for now.
    However we will work out a propper controler file for those wheels and it hopefully soon will be avialable in rF2. Big thanks to @Marcel Offermans and 397!

14. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

These are the grip coefficient values for the softest tire of the different mods:

T5 series v1.8 (September 2014)
    StaticBaseCoefficient=4.486
    SlidingBaseCoefficient=2.143

T5 series v1.95 (February 2017)
    StaticBaseCoefficient=3.60248
    SlidingBaseCoefficient=2.45

T5 series vRR (private modified version I made in May 2015 that I mentioned in a previous post)
    StaticBaseCoefficient=3.64985
    SlidingBaseCoefficient=2.5182

DW12 v1.65 (alternate tires)
    StaticBaseCoefficient=3.361
    SlidingBaseCoefficient=2.42

As it can be seen old values were completely odd compared to the new ones which seem more normal.
    Thanks URD for adressing this issue. I understand final version will also have hard compunds. The demo only has slicks.

The values I used for harder compunds were the following:
    StaticBaseCoefficient=3.40577
    SlidingBaseCoefficient=2.34981

Lgel likes this.
  15. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

I tried all the reasonable things: FOV, resolution, different track, shader/cbash delete, .json delete, config.ini delete - no luck. My guess there are shared resources between mods, and some of the mods corrupted T5. I don't want to reinstall rF2, but I also have weird behavior during FCY, so it might be time to start fresh :)

16. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

When will the T5 update be? ... In what year 2017? .... 2018? :cool:

17. Miro

Miro Registered

Didn't you recieve it?

18. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

When its ready. With last rF2 update some conflicts came up with shaders and im looking for better way to solve that in future plus some sickness trown me back for few days now but im on it back today.

19. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Thanks for the update. But wouldn't DX11 move break the mod? Just surprised to see update pushed out so close to DX11 move.

20. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Member

I should imagine they have access to the beta of DX11 as part of the modding teams process, so I would think any problems will have been addressed already?

Sebastien Sestacq likes this.