[REL] T5 series 2012/13 V2 by UnitedRacingDesign

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, Mar 28, 2013.

1. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

Please can you release the pack now so I can buy it? :p
    Just joking but...if you guys are involved in DX11 beta wouldn't be better for you to release v2 after DX11 update?

2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

I would suggest checking low-speed (below the level of aero down force doing much) cornering speeds on any track. How fast are they compared to an F1 or Indy car? I am not relying on telemetry, but old-fashioned seat of the pants (via my wheel). Could be wrong, though.

Here's a fun video to show a comparison (poor picture quality, but you'll still get the point):

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
  3. pedro ramada

pedro ramada Registered

Hello Guys :)

I did some laps with the car and i find it amazing! I have to say that i've read the post from Sman and i didn't find any issues at all with the ffb "deadzone" i never felt it Sman! I also have an OSW with the Mige 20nm motor and Simcube board with Ioni and no troubles for me at all!

I leave my settings for you guys ;) :

Force feedback smoothing - 0
    Car specific ffb mult - 0.50
    Force feedback minimum torque - 0.5% ( i find that if i have it like this a can feel a bit more things in straight line ;) )

I leave here the controller.json changed by me to the way i like it ;)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2b1wt93ttlc5x4a/Controller.rar?dl=0

Congrats to Mrslfrsl and all of the guys at URD! Great work! :D Really looking forward to have all 3 cars soon! :D ;)

marmagas and Miro like this.
  4. Lgel

Lgel Registered

I don't believe in seat of the pants feelings, a race car is a sophisticated engineering product, and I don't see what your video tries to demonstrate.

As I only believe in facts, I use telemetry, I compared two fast laps (for me) of an URD C7R and URD Audi DTM.

The track is Barcelona:

1st corner lower speed: C7R 66 km/h, DTM 71 km/h.
    low medium speed corner loer speed : C7R 109 km/h, DTM 111 km/h.
    end of long right corner C7R 193 km/h, DTM 200 km/h, 7 km/h more at the start of the straight before the bridge, that all things being equal will be at least maintained along the straight.
    Top speed C7R 255 Km/h, DTM 263 km/h.

So my findings (telemetry based) are opposite of yours, DTM makes a big difference in top speed, and fast curves, gaining around 5 s by lap.

Cheers.

5. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

I am not suggesting the comparison of two URD mods. I am suggesting the comparison of the new T5 with a car that is vastly more capable in real life (e.g., the Marussia or Indy car or FR 3.5 from ISI).

6. Lgel

Lgel Registered

I compared two tin tops cars, from the same modder. Marussia and FR 3.5 have older tires than the DW12.
    I also have telemetry frow a DW12:
    lower speed corner on track (chicane): 65 km/h, C7R 66 km/h, DTM 64 km/h
    low medium speed corner lower speed : 125 km/h, C7R 103 km/h, DTM 107 km/h.
    end of long right corner 250 km/h, C7R 193 km/h, DTM 200 km/h
    end of right corner before 2nd main straight: 220 km/h, 173 km/h, DTM 188 km/h
    Top speed more than 308 km/h, C7R 255 Km/h, DTM 263 km/h.

Does this confirm your feeling that the new T5 is too fast in slow corners?

Top OW tires are not supporting enough load on slow corners and are far from their best operating window for grip, suspension too stiff, and throttle control is difficult on short gears, that is why it so easy to spin them on slow corners.

Cheers.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
  7. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

No need to do tests to check this. The objective values grip values are in the tgm.

In previous version tire grip values were completely odd. I haven't checked the newer ones. I am not at home these days so I will not be able to do until mid week.

Previous versions as I said had higher static grip values for the soft tire than FISI softer compounds. The static/dynamic grip values also were very high causing a brutal loss of grip when tires started to slide.

8. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Thanks for your contribution, we know now your opinion on the grip of the new Aura T5.

I supposed, wrongly may be, that Marc wanted to draw conclusions from his video comparing an F1 to a DTM car (if not, why adjoin it in a thread about low speed grip).

By the fact, what are the grip values of the DW12 in order to compare them to those of the new Aura?

Cheers.

9. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

I will not have my PC with me until Thursday. I will check and report then.

10. Nismogtr

Nismogtr Registered

I'm quite confused. I already bought for rFactor 2 EGT mod, PX mod and the new JT5 mod (and for Assetto Corsa EGT mod and JT5 mod but now I prefer much more the feelings in rF2 than AC) and I'm thinking to buy the T5 2012/2013 mod. My doubts are, does I need to pay another time for the v2 update of this mod ? I understand that the new T5 2017 mod is coming but when ? I want to drive these cars but if I buy them right now and then need to pay for the v2 update (for the same mod not the 2017 version) maybe it's better to wait ?

Thanks

Sorry for my english, french inside ;-D

11. sman

sman Registered

as till sofar you buy one and get the updates gratuit

12. Nismogtr

Nismogtr Registered

Thanks. So I'll buy T5 mod and wait for the free update to v2 physics and maybe buy the 2017 version.

13. Miro

Miro Registered

I'd just like to inform you that we have tested on two different OSW setups independent from each other with two different experienced drivers/testers and we could not confirm that there is an issue with the steering around the center.

I'd suggest to test different setting for the wheel itself or simply double check your own as a first step. I hope that can improve your perception and experience. Also if you need help and suggestions fot the settings please just ask.
    I am sure there are enough users which could help.
    Try the settings above provided by Pedro.
    Pedro knows his way around the OSW and rF2 very well I'd assume.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
    walruskart and pedro ramada like this.
  14. sman

sman Registered

as i said i dont use min ffb torgue in game tried it once but thats totally not feeling well and normal ( not recommended by D. Reimer and others) have mmos at 100% output and car specific FFB ingame all at 0.33 for all cars i have no issue with 1 and the same setting with many cars only this car feels small deadzone (light around center) so i have right material to compare . everything at same setting for every car. even i think lenze has much more CPR then the mige so its not totally comparable imo (i think)
    but gonna try some car setup settings and see if that helps
    and i totally dont find it a bad car on the contrarary (if thats spelled well :) )

Miro likes this.
  15. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Does anyone know what setting can cause artifacts like this? [​IMG]

I know this is not supported skin pack, but thought I'd ask if anyone knows :) Thanks!

16. Miro

Miro Registered

Yes, one of the testers shared the same info regarding the min ffb torque with the OSW's.
    I suggested to use it on the DFG wheel tho. It is just as weak as the G27 or even weaker, not sure.
    With those "entry level" wheels it helps quite a bit. I can tell with my "entry level" G27 which still runns like a swiss watch since years. :D

Using the same settings for all cars with an OSW sounds suspicious to me.
    Regardless of what other cars do or don't, I was not able to point out an issue either. So I'd like ask the people around here with the OSW's to chime in here please and enlighten.
    I am going to investigate on my onw aswell.
    I'll talk to Tomo from Simracingbay, should be a good and reliable source for information.

I understand the practical reasons behind it and see why you would prefer to do it.
    Yet, not sure best way to go.

We shall figure out soon :)

Thx for the provided information!

17. Eddy

Eddy Registered

@Miro, just to be clear: i reported also that around the center my osw feels "different" with the T5 v2.0. but having said that it for sure doesn't feel broken. I take it as it's just a different car with different steering geometry which obviously shall feel different.

As for min ffb torque with OSW well mr Reimer for sure knows his way around but i use 0.5 for a year now and no issues. they (including mr Reimer) all use "fake" damping and center spring which gives the wheel a heavier feeling.

Miro likes this.
  18. Nismogtr

Nismogtr Registered

Hello. I bought yesterday the URD T5 mod, very nice mode indeed but where can I found a skin pack ? I found a lot for Assetto Corsa but no luck with rFactor 2. Thanks !

19. pedro ramada

pedro ramada Registered

As Miro said it is a bit strange using the same car - specific ffb multi setting for all cars! At least with me i use diferent numbers a bit for various cars naturaly because of is own ffb and "weight" feeling.

But Sman... i get what you saing... indeed de JT5 as a bit more "light" effect around the center feeling.. yes.. but the ffb effects are there. Probably could be your configs on the controller.json or on your OSW lenze wheel directly... by any chance you already tried my controller.json?? A post it in the previous page ;) . At least see if helps a bit more for youy OSW combo ;) .

Cheers

20. sman

sman Registered

If this is actual your ingame in cockpit view i think it Looks like you have a way too high FOV setting I had something simular in AC its not for every car but it happened with some cars of different moderators