[REL] T5 series 2012/13 V2 by UnitedRacingDesign

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, Mar 28, 2013.

1. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

I think it's ridiculous to ask them to update a 2012-2013 mod. The new version is out so move on. A description in the shop should suffice.

What I don't think should happen tho is leave a newly released mod (Ford GT) unfixed for such a long period of time. The pit stop times bug was brought up since release, which makes the car uncompetitive and useless against official GTE's and it's been 4 months without what should be a very easy fix.
    I'm glad it's finally announced they'll fix it soon but it shouldn't take this long.

2. Pales

Pales Registered

The Ford is a valid point. I wonder if you can comment, URD?

3. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

S397 planed to release new public tires and we hoped to catch them by now.
    The thing is if we dont have the right tires we had to make physics different way becase the car with current public tires is slower. Its all about going forward and backward with physics but it didnt turn out as we wanted when we couldnt use the GTE tires. We are preparing all kinda updates thought. Not just detroit.

4. Pales

Pales Registered

Thanks for your response. Although, I’m not quite sure how that’s linked to the pit stop issue? Is it the case that you only wish to update it once, combining both the tires and pit fix? Not being malicious but I am also waiting for the pit stop fix!

5. UnitedRacingDesign

We changed the physics last minute, there was plan to release the tires soon so we missed this issue in the physics change overall.
    We still dont have tires now and car is to long allready with that issue so we will give an update in next days.

6. Pales

Pales Registered

Oh I see! Thanks for the informative response. Do you know why there is a delay, has Studio 397 commented?

7. UnitedRacingDesign

Probably not that high on to do list i guess.

8. Pales

Pales Registered

That’s one thing I dislike about Studio 397, they’re incredibly non-transaparent. Mods are effectively what made this game where it is now. Without your hard work and success, RFactor 2 wouldn’t be half the game it is.

It’s really a deep shame. We need a community manager or for developers to provide at least some form of transparacy on updates and future development. I think they do not appreciate your presence... and one day it maybe too late.

9. RNeves

RNeves Registered

So, you are going to release the Detroit with the same tire version as the GTE pack?

If so, that's great news, if you’re releasing with the tires before point based acceleration was implemented (the ones that came with the first version of GT3 pack), it will be useless, those tires overheated too much on the outside no matter how much camber you added!

Hope you are releasing the car with the point based acceleration tire model

10. UnitedRacingDesign

When the tires are public.

11. RNeves

RNeves Registered

Nice! Let's hope they release those tires soon!

I've been one of the most critic voices against your policies in the past, but I honestly hope you can get back on track!

One more thing, I think you guys should create threads for the new mods, these threads are becoming a mess...

Cheers

12. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

So S397 shall give you (URD) new tires for the detroit, while the unlicensed detroit afaik did not allow S397 to get an official license so far for it´s gt packs because Ford is not pleased about unlicensed stuff in a game?

13. Coutie

Coutie Moderator

The "Detroit" has nothing to do with S397.

Reiche and UnitedRacingDesign like this.
  14. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

15. I_Bellett

I_Bellett Registered

@UnitedRacingDesign
    I'm wondering what to ask here, is there a plan to change EGT_AM's diffuser to the latest shape and sell it individually?

16. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

Tell Ford..

17. UnitedRacingDesign

The latest Vantage-not the new model yet has more changes than our old one plus our model is allready 6-7y old. If at any point, than it must be new model done.

18. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

So I don't think there was an topic for the 2018 T5. I have a quick question. With not all tracks having dedicated DRS zones, is it possible to add to the Upgrades a No DRS setting?

Hazi, John and coltair like this.
  19. philmcqueen

philmcqueen Member

Hello guys,

does anyone knows if an official skin pack has been released for thsi mod version 2012 /13 .I´ve found many but not for this one

Thanks.

20. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Member

@UnitedRacingDesign,
    Any chance of graphics update for this stellar mod? As long as damage model and tires/physics are kept the same, I would gladly buy it again.

Happy New Year to all!

coltair and philmcqueen like this.