[REL] T5 series 2012/13 V2 by UnitedRacingDesign

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, Mar 28, 2013.

1. baked bean

baked bean Registered

ok thanks Ales looking forward to the physics improvement, its a great mod apart from that. Would be ashame to not use rfactor2 full potential in the physics department with such a great mod, it will still be great fun & close racing with right changes as it is irl, ISIMeganes are proof of that :D

2. martymoose

martymoose Registered

My fear with pay mods may be the same as mass market racing games, targeting the masses means simplified physics easy to drive for all. This is console racing and codemasters 101 playbook and all other racing games targeting maximum sales using this model, I do like your models but the physics do really need some work and I wouldnt mind 2 versions one simple and one more realistic, though realistic doesnt need to be anything silly as the general feel is quite good in these but too much grip overall.

I tried knocking off the rear wing to see the effect and found strange results, no rear wing made it practicaly undrivable in a straight line with any decent throttle amount with it snapping sideways at any moment with me getting killed pretty badly a few times in a row struggling to get the car past 150kmh without a rear wing. Then as I hit the wall one time my front came off also and so I decided to keep driving to see what happens.

Surprisingly with no front or rear wing its completly stable in a straight line and I could do laps full throttle at 310kmh around the monza banking. Normal corners it just pushed like crazy but it was quite surprising how unstable in a straight line it was without a rear wing which you may want to look at too.

If you lose a rear wing it should be expected that at speed making a slight turn will snap the car around but you should still be able to drive in a straight line with 50% throttle I would assume. With front and back missing its almost impossible to spin it when going high speed in a straight line so there are some strange aero forces going on here. I think the body itself should have a reasonable amount of downforce and the rear wing should add to it.

Losing the front should make it push but also create some more drag as it is missing the entire front panel, having a front and no rear wing would make it more twitchy with full front df and no extra downforce from the rear. But to me the cars do tend to be very pushy and this is likely due to it having way too much front downforce and the only way this could be stabilized is to add even more on the rear wing. This lets it corner at speeds the MR01 can barely do and gives some of the strange physics I think.

I hope you guys can make some changes but dont go too extreme the other way as they are still light weight high downforce purpose built race cars that are supposedly closer to driving an open wheeler then regular tin top. But it shouldnt have more grip then a car like the FR3.5 or F2 by ISI.

3. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

@martymoose damage model is still raw at this stage overall in rf2, some new stuff added, some still deactivated and will improve that to over time when we have it ready.

4. panande

panande Registered

As Ales said the minimum Wingsetting is set to a high level :D
    I could need some more topspeed at hockenheim, but even with a 20° angle I cant get past 250km/h without loosing too much grip, because then I had to adjust the tyre pressure too high, increase the distance to the ground and everything and THEN we get what some people here call "realistic":
    An uncontrollable beast.

The standardsetting possibillities for this mod are just set too high (Could you give us more space in the next upgrade Ales? :D)
    The grip is just fine!

Lets make an example: If the cars had too much grip, it should be possible for everyone to drive the same laptimes or even better ones as the real drivers. And Ekström, Paffet, Farfus or Tomcyzk are already on an incredible level. Today with much luck I did a 1:35.420 at Hockenheim and I was at the edge of what was possible with the mod.
    The fastest lap from the first Hockenheim Q was a 1:33.822 by Jamie Green.

But as I was at the edge of the possibillities with the mod I felt almost "safe" when driving.
    Although the car did some weird moves, when I poked it with a stick it was never really uncontrollable when I was coming out of a corner for example.

So the only reason for this massive grip level is a wrong setup. And with the space we got, we cant make it right.

So Ales I propose that you expand the limit for the wings and everything you want in the next update.

Thank you and have a nice day if you read all this stuff ^^

5. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

+1

6. martymoose

martymoose Registered

But the one thing not to get you guys down too much is that your mod is a blast to race even against the AI. at 120% against them at mid Ohio its pretty awesome and I dont think the physics are way of its just a subtle bit that is possible over done aero wise. I will have to post a video as racing a full field maxed out with everything at 2560x1440 keeping to my V=sync all race its some of the best racing I have had against the AI and buttery smooth. The extra grip helps to make moves of the racing line so I am kind of lost as to my view. The AI have less trouble driving these then any other car atm and though they arent crazy fast it can give a good battle in the middle of the pack and I am sure online racing would be a blast too but my connection sucks atm so will have to wait another week or 2 until I am back on a good connection for that.

I have never driven a high downforce car in real life though I have driven some other real race cars around some tracks but nothing like these. There are bugs in the aero as I pointed out above and you should make it so that its possible to match real world performances to a reasonable level.

The quickest guys with good setups shouldnt be way under qualifying pace at the same tracks, though we dont have any tracks that are going to give the greatest comparison and real road makes it tricky. Using Hockenheim atm I am about 5 seconds faster then the fastest qualy lap last year and fastest top speed was only 253 Kmph in 2012.

https://www.dtm.com/en/News/DTM-season-finale:-Selected-postscripts-part-2-2012.html

Top speed isnt really all that far off, so it looks like its just a bit too much grip overall and if you guys sort that you will have a great mod and Id look forward to your next cars more.

7. panande

panande Registered

You did a 1:28 at Hockenheim? :-D Fastest lap was a 1:33.xxx :)

8. martymoose

martymoose Registered

Actually not quite my best there is 1:31.7 and still .6 off the 120% AI, which is a couple seconds quicker so its not miles off. :D

9. marc512

marc512 Registered

got it now :) thank you

10. elbo

elbo Registered

I get no tyre wear with this mod...It stays at 100%
    Is this normal (bulid 198)

11. panande

panande Registered

No definetly not! For example when I take the first corner at Hockenheim the left front tyre sometimes looses 2% of its wear!
    You could also install the TrackmapPlugin there is a widget where you can see the exact wear of the tyres.

12. elbo

elbo Registered

Ok thanks, I will try to re-install it then and hopefully this fixes it.
    I have trackmapPlugin - that is how I saw that the tyres weren't going off - it is a great plugin -.

13. panande

panande Registered

View attachment 7161 Hey Ales. Here I have the real steering wheel beside the one from your mod. As you see there are some differences.

So if you could raise the top button placement (white and blue button) and make the 6 holes in the steering wheel, that would be great ^^ And if it isnt too much work, you could also make this little "podest" for the BMW sign, but just place the T5 logo on it.

If you could do that, I would be very grateful :D

Another question. Why is my wheel shining (and my HWA AMG not) and why cant I get the T5 symbol out? I mean I looked into the alpha channel, but it was completely white.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2013
  14. UnitedRacingDesign

No 3d modeling adjustments there anymore except when needed when damage model will be improved in rf2.
    In next update i have to change some textures out on steering wheels like the specualar one that the T5 symbol will not be there anymore when you retexture it. Overall the shine effects is diferent right now since last rf2 build as some bugs came out with the shaders.

15. panande

panande Registered

Were paying for the mod and you cant make two small (I mean they are really small) adjustments?

16. UnitedRacingDesign

Its not so easy just to add some holes and allways something to the product when somebody wants it. We do need to keep some stuff changed. I have more important stuff in this mod that i would like to improve than adding this. You can paint those holes on it to. It wont look so much worse than doing them 3d.

17. Muxi-Mux

Muxi-Mux Registered

You already got for what you paid for, everything else is a bonus.
    Just because it is a pay-mod, it don't means that you can call every wish and they (have to) do it...

18. panande

panande Registered

Im sorry but I didnt knew that it is such a act to make some 3D adjustments. Sorry for the inconvenience but I thought that would be easier.

19. UnitedRacingDesign

Its no problem, we know that you would like more and thats why we will add 2013 season and DRS to the cars to ;)
    If there are any other updates, for example i will have to do some updates to some 3d stuff in future than i can add more but sofar we only want to update it to 2013 and adjust the mod to rf2 builds with updates.

20. panande

panande Registered

Whats the difference between the 2012 and 2013 cars except for the DRS?