[REL] T5 series 2012/13 V2 by UnitedRacingDesign

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, Mar 28, 2013.

1. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

I'm a late buyer but directly felt in love with this mod :cool:

Because of a random idea I started making a skin for the mod and ran into one issue with the window materials; I guess these will be updated anyway with next version!?

[​IMG]

2. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

Hi,

We are using this mod in our league and I have noticed that tire grip values are very odd compared to other vehicles.

Dynamic to static friction ratios are very low in this mod, especially with regular slick compound. Typical values would show a 2 to 3 ratio whereas in this vehicle is below 1 to 2. I am not sure if the right option would be to lower static, increase dynamic or both. IMO static should be lowered comparing it's value to other mods.

I think this ratios make extremely hard to catchup after the car slides. I have seen that in EGT mod these values are more normal and so is the vehicle behaviour.

In the following linked picture you can check the tgm files of the softest three front compounds of EGT mod in the top (s6h, s7h, and s8h) and in the bottom the original t5 front regular slick option (1.00) and a modified version which I made to test.

Are these values realistic?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/681cgxojdkpkrw5/IMG-20150618-WA0016.jpg?dl=0

Finally, I hardly ever race offline but it have to say that for AI both slick compounds are exactly the same. This also occurs with EGT mod. Considering this is payware content I would expect these details being a bit more polished.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 mediante Tapatalk

3. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

Im working on update, those are really old ones. The last ones are rain ones i think, they still have issues, no mather what.

4. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

I noticed the same Problem, while catching a sliding car. Nice to read, there is an Update on the way.

5. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

I dont know, if this was discussed earlier, apologies, if yes :D

I did some laps on zandvoort, with unrealistic laptimes: 1:30.6xx

30L Fuel, Slick. DRS was used on the Main Straight, only.

Compared to the real world track record with DTM car, wich is 1:32.411...

//Edit: by the way, r3e seems much unrealistic, too. Leaderboard record 1:29.575...

6. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

I am sure these will slow down appropriately when given the same upgrade treatment the enduros got. Can't wait :)

7. JWE

JWE Registered

Any idea yet when the update will be released. Our league starts a new season by september. But I guess it will be after the PX is doen, right?

8. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Just realised, that with this cars the animated Crewmember (pointing to the pit exit direction) doesn`t appears with this cars. Is this allready known, or is this just me?

//Edit: strange...after restart of rF2 this guy appears again...

9. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

The EGT v2 update has confirmed how awesome these cars will be once given the same physics updates :)

10. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

And this mod would be probably very good if tires were properly defined. The grip values in this mod are completely surrealistic (tgm). The tbc as well need to be properly defined for offline racing.

Enviado desde mi ONE A2001 mediante Tapatalk

11. UnitedRacingDesign

Completly new physics are in work for this one.

12. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Although the EGT & PX cars seem so popular the T5 mod is the one I'm waiting for !!

Glad there being updated !!

13. TheLeadWolf

TheLeadWolf Registered

Firstly, thank you URD for this mod. What RF2 needs is quality content, and your work helps to fill the void :) I enjoyed couple of T5 races yesterday, really good.

Couple of questions about T5:
    * is it possible to move rearview mirror without building an update patch? I was in Mayro, and I couldn't sit as close to the windshield as I wanted, because I couldn't raise seat so that mirror is still visible. And no, I do not like virtual rearview mirror.

* is it possible to remove restrictions on seat adjustments? As I said, I'd like to be a bit higher in a car.

* curious, will people who bought the mod receive updates? I see you are reworking physics.

And, now to something of usual struggle in Rf2: tracks. Can someone tell which tracks work well with full T5 grid? My experience yesterday:
    * Zandvoort - for some reason this track had formation lap. During formation lap AI pitted, and got disqualified. Also, DRS was available all the time :)))
    * RR Hungaroring - this time no formation lap. AI sometimes stops completely. No DRS support.

But all in all, man, good stuff! Cheers!

14. I_Bellett

I_Bellett Registered

@UnitedRacingDesign
    When is the release of new version or 2015/16 version?

15. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

In my opinion, best mod for rF2 even with old physics, let alone when URD guys upgrade it. I'm also a late buyer, I should have bought this much earlier.

16. UnitedRacingDesign

We are rebuilding the cars right now. One of the issue is the mirror beeing redone. Physics are mostly done new now and tweaks are beeing applyed.
    For DRS issue-the track itself needs DRS parts assigned.
    Full new shaders applyed we used on our latest Shiro model from PX package. Materials overworked and overall improvment in few areas there.

Working on full new 2015 right now. 2016 will be free update for it(Maures model and 2016 livery pack).

17. TheLeadWolf

TheLeadWolf Registered

Excellent news, URD! This is my favorite mod, I just can't get out of it. And after more time spent, mirrors (both side and rearview) is the only issue with the mod itself by me. Yep, I learned DRS story myself already, and was able to fix that.

Quick question: will it be possible to keep T5 2012/13 side by side with 2015, basically, will it be separate component package or will it be an update package?

Good luck with your effort.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2016
  18. UnitedRacingDesign

2015 will be whole new package. Beside the Maures 2015, both Aura and Bayro are fully new models so will be the 2016 Maures.

19. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Would you consider actually "finishing" 2013-2015, getting it to the same spec and leaving it be? Then 2016/2017 will be a new package, with the older ones being somewhat discounted to the most recent ones?

Just a thought so you are not always updating the very same source of the original revenue, and so you can focus on finishing a season and delivering it to the consumer as a finished package, so folks aren't still waiting for 2013 in 2016. Only updating fixes and to newer game tech, FFB, etc.

20. UnitedRacingDesign

2013/14 was finished long ago. We sayed it will need updates as rF2 was updated in many areas. 2013/14 are allready discounted. Not sure now i understood you right.