[REL] T5 series 2012/13 V2 by UnitedRacingDesign

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Foxiol

Foxiol Registered

Not sure if you can "fix" this but it has to do with the car modelling inside. I´m watching the DTM race now (re-live) and there is a little minor detail that hope that you can change since you are going to change the carbon fiber textures inside.

Here is the picture in-game:

[​IMG]

And here the one captured right now from inside the car:

[​IMG]

Hope you can see it:

The upper part should have an opaque texture (plastic with no reflection) different to the carbon fiber of the cockpit protection. At least in the Mercedes Benz cars. In the other cars happen the same thing because the part in where the driver is (the carbon fiber part) is separated from the actual car.

If it takes too much to do or something forget it, Ales. It is just a minor detail.

2. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

If it's possible, both sound and light for DRS would be nice.

3. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

@Foxiol that carbon looks awfull there on screen, hehe, i mean the one on T5 actually. But yeah, i was watching the race today and noticed this to, have to check how is that actually, what kinda plastic and right colors and how far does it go.

4. Foxiol

Foxiol Registered

Good luck with that then. Looking forward to see what you and your team can do. ;)

5. UnitedRacingDesign

thx, i do hope we get the fix for reflections for latest build to and that it will work like it did before becase the older one lookes just great from exterior atleast that ive just updated to.

6. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

The sound, I suppose. My only slight disappointment with this mod is that the engine sounds aren't quite as raw and raspy as the real cars. I've been to three DTM races and this mod doesn't quite capture that sound.

The sound isn't bad at all, but I think it could be a little better. I'm not sure if the sound engine in rF2 is the limiting factor.

7. Foxiol

Foxiol Registered

Agreed but I think that rF2 is not the problem since some people managed to do great sounds with the game.

I played a lot of the 2008-2010 mod for Race07 and it sounds quite good even with its limitations, but this is more like the real cars sound...or close to that.

Just for the reference but of course it should be more grave than that as you can see in the other couple of videos below:

Real ones outside:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMSlNAM8zC0

Real ones inside:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mCkrHWjcxQ

And this one is kinda cool:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEtLsnfxunM

(I think we need Simbin guys here...lol)

8. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Yes. The tire temperatures are to low especially from the rear tires. At best they reach 65degrees but mostly the only are around 55-60 degrees and the general degradation is to low. Well if you sliding to much, the degradation is very heavy but if you are driving a clean realistic style you can drive "1000" laps with one set of rear tires. The generel degradation which happens to the tire round by round should be set to a higher level so that the especially the option tires are only an option and not the only way to drive the race. The grip difference between the standart and the option tire is to high. You have no chance to fight with the standart tire, the difference reaches 4-5 seconds depending of the track. The real difference is roundabout 1-1,5 seconds depending of the track.
    Another tire problem ist that the treshold of the tires is very small. You can drive a corner with 198,4km/h but if you try to take it with 198,5 or you take the line one centimeter beside the racing line, the car takes a 180 degree turn without a chance to prevent it. A more feelable and controlable treshold would be very helpfully
    Is it planed to implement the adjustment of the dampers, fast and slowbump, rebound and so on?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2013
  9. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Loud sounds like that may seem good but there's so much distortion in those recordings and issues with quality of playback. A ton of rFactor mods had loud, raw, cool sounds that were actually poop because of the source.

10. UnitedRacingDesign

I will check with sounds but at this stage i dont think they will be updated, might happen later.

Here is a screen of what ive updated sofar.
    All cars got redone reflections, materials were tweaked out, windows are letting the light to come into cockpit now on exterior view to. And ive used vertex painter to darken the body lines to.
    Thought this shows good that build300 reflections are completly broken. I hope it gets fixed soon otherwise the update wont take as much effect we would want.

[​IMG]

11. Rik

Rik Registered

help me understand what does not work in build 300?
    The cement does not reflect in the reality. I find more realistic the screen of build 300. What I'm wrong. to understand?

Thanks

12. UnitedRacingDesign

Car reflections are not working. Car should have reflections like on T5 1.2 or 1.5 but its empty. Biggest diferente is visible on hood/roof. ISI will fix it shortly i guess, i hope :)

The cement reflects here, its done so it doesnt look to empty there, its like wet :)

13. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

Yeah, I've played a lot of that mod and the sound is better in my opinion.

Ales - if you can look at the sound at some point that would be much appreciated. I need to hear the roaring 4.0 V8 in these cars. The T5's kind of sound like angry wasps. They need a bit more of the lower range rumble to the engine notes.

14. UnitedRacingDesign

Will ask out sound guy when he will be able to do that. The sounds from other mod how i know are used from videos and from what i was told most of those source files sound are not right. We didnt use any video source and sounds were done completly from scratch. When comparing to videos ingame sounds than usually it will sound bit diferent but im sure we want more real life sounds and not video sounds.

Ive edited the carbon, far more bright now, scratches added. I will probably add some vertex shading to so it will look like its using AO map.
    Using mills and default settings there from HDR it looks like on screen now(build240)

15. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

Looks great.

16. UnitedRacingDesign

@Foxiol what are those settings you used up there in there screen? And what HDR was it?

The screen from before is without any shading in the cockpit. Now ive added vertex shading that is used on tracks usually but let me know what do you think.

17. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

I'm a bit confused here ...

I thought vertex shading based AO is only really useful if there is no dedicated AO map, which I assume your cars already have?
    If my assumption is correct, what's the point of adding a low resolution second layer of AO through limited vertices when you already have a nicely detailed AO map? Just make the AO map darker and stronger in those areas?

I don't know :) ...

18. UnitedRacingDesign

Not the cockpit, ive done it without before. Just used tiled carbon on it. Ive had it at start but didnt like the resault back than becase i didnt use any other shaders in past that could use AO map and tilled textures togethere so i got rid of it.
    Now i would have to remappe the cockpit to get some good AO map on it but instead i went this way to save work as this can be done with 3ds max render process and im saving textures to but result is like same and none pixeling there eather from textures.

19. MapleHamwich

MapleHamwich Registered

Can I just say, I think it's fantastic that Ales is requesting feedback from his mod users to further improve his released mod. Good on you Ales for being so responsive to and willing to recieve feedback. I'm looking forward to hearing about the improvements in the future. : )

20. Foxiol

Foxiol Registered

My settings:
    [​IMG]

HDR:
    [​IMG]

How it looks at Mores:

7:30AM
    [​IMG]

10:00AM
    [​IMG]

I always use Realistic clear or some HDR´s from Tosch.

PS: By the way, the cockpit looks fantastic now.