[REL] T5 series 2012/13 V2 by UnitedRacingDesign

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, Mar 28, 2013.

1. geg

geg Registered

Ales, how can I reduce the head/car movement in the cockpit view? it is too strong for me. I tried to lower it in settings -> controls -> head movements but this option as no effect at all.

2. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

There is some lines for it in plr. file I guess.

3. geg

geg Registered

Do you mean globally? because I would like to reduce it only for T5 series

4. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

You can do it only in plr, no options for T5 only.

5. Steffen_M

Steffen_M Registered

I don´t understand what you mean.

6. UnitedRacingDesign

Well we are testing our cars on some chosen tracks where we can compare to real data and there our grip levels and car physics fit exactly to what we wanted and Spa is not one of them as we have no data from that to compare.

7. Harry Tulloch

Harry Tulloch Registered

You can go full throttle through Eau Rouge in a DTM

8. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

They have the downforce to do it.

9. Hermmie

Hermmie Registered

Pace is fine! I also thought that the cars had too much grip and were too fast in the corners, but it really is fine.

Only thing is that the tire model needs to get an update, widening its traction limit, at the moment the car just snaps all of a sudden with virtually no chance of catching it, which is by no means realistic. All ISI Cars are really good around the traction limit, you can catch almost any slide, or at least you "feel" alot better when its about to go.

So on this side, really hoping for an update, rest of the mod is A+ :D

10. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Well said. +1

11. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

+2. I hope this can be looked at in future.

12. UnitedRacingDesign

Will add this to improve list, thx :)

13. Hermmie

Hermmie Registered

That would be great, thank you Ales!

14. PorscheMR6

PorscheMR6 Registered

the new DTM rules are out.
    anyone interested?

15. Hakkiman00

Hakkiman00 Registered

How many of the DTM tracks have been released for rfactor 2? might wait for the tracks before i get the mod

16. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

17. martymoose

martymoose Registered

I just got this mod the other day, after a bit of testing Im finding the physics to have some fairly major flaws which I assume are going to be adressed. I think it has way too much downforce, drag and grip. It feels fun to drive and pushing to the limit is still tough to get the last few tenths out but its just a bit too simple I think.

Main issue physics wise I think is the cars top speed is way too low due to very high drag, and tyres have too much grip overall but hard to say as dowforce is just so high.

Top speed on Monza historic track was 273kmh with min wing and it takes for ever to get to that speed, according to the DTM specs which even though these cars arent them lol, top speed should be closer to 300kmh and below is a quote from BMW's own site regarding their 2012 M3 DTM.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/en/cars/bmw-m3-dtm.html

So this I think is the main flaw of the physics IMHO, the reduced top speed which at sepang circuit I was only getting to 238.3 kmh while doing lap times of 1:54.561 with 85% full throttle on the lap, this with min rear wing setup and not on the rev limiter yet. There just seems to be too much drag overall along with downforce so its hard to say what the tyres are like as the aero just seems quite wrong I think. The rear wing I see little point in using anything but min wing on this car as any more just makes it push and it has too much downforce already on the min setting with no track really needing any less rear wing as it is.

I dont think it has to get to corvette style lack of grip as these are high DF purpose built race cars but if they cant reach their real world top speed with min drag setup this should be the frist thing to look at. This will effect every other part as the tyres may be wrong too once some downforce is removed and they dont seem to get very hot no matter what you do to them atm.

The models are very nice except for that very annoying hazey backfire near the exhausts when on the gas but no flames coming out. Im sure you guys are aware of that and hope you will be removing that. Performance wise models are fine but I also just updated to a Titan GPU and my 2560x1440 monitor with RF2 maxed out including max ingame AA setting still keeps it locked to my 60p vsync on all track at the back of a full grid in any weather so its far from pushing this GFX card.

Try the real head motion plugin, works great I think much better then the stock head movements.
    https://sites.google.com/site/midid...dmotion-plugin/real-head-motion-for-rfactor-2

18. UnitedRacingDesign

@martymoose yes I need to look more into that heat haze effect and adjust that in future.

For the topspeed. Our minimum setup still gives some grip and what is sayed on some sites would clearly depent on what settings it would use. Sure it would be posibile to get 300 kmh but our wings dont go so low now. I limited the minimum to stay on some normal grip level and that is the case on all racing cars that minimum of wing settings this days doesnt go to really the lowest point, especially if its never used.

19. martymoose

martymoose Registered

I thought it may have been a heat haze but wasnt sure if it was a bug lol. Personally I dont really like it and it takes away from the Nice models a bit with this odd distortion, maybe just before or after a backfire it would be ok but keeping it on all times when under power just looks a little odd IMHO. I dont know if its possible to have it as a user set option on or off as some may like it, but I dont know how you could enforce AI to also have it off.

Well I dont see much DTM racing here in Australia but it does make sense that a car of this type that gets downforce similar to a formula car would have a low top speed due to the high drag. From the few spots I saw top speed mentioned it seems a rather general estimation more then an actual speed. Some places said 180mph and BMW said around 300kmh so its likely thats not with a race setup they are quoting the speeds. I havent found much need to use too much rear wing and as the front is not adjustable and its pretty stable on min wing I dont see the need to go to high for more drag. It also makes the car pretty pushy with too much rear wing and min wing is still far from crazy lose.

Maybe I will try knock the rear wing off then run around the monza oval to see what top speed it can get ;)

I will give the hockenheim track a go and just checking actual DTM timing if they have top speeds and laptimes can give a pretty fair comparison on the few tracks that we have. I saw they did some DTM testing at Estoril but didnt see any lap times or speed info from my searches so far. This is probably one of the best tracks by ISI and I must say driving these cars in a full field of AI is quite fun there, but AI are odd as they are much faster in practice and qualy then in race so setting a solid AI percentage is tricky. In a race they run slow laps in traffic then go someone sets a fastes lap 3 sec faster out of the blue lol, this is not a mod issue though but just how the AI are in general. They actually handle these cars quite well and even though they are very high grip the AI have no issues rolling like on some other mods. I assume DTM cars would never get on 2 wheels due to the high DF anyway and only do so after contacting another car.

On ISI tracks AI is generally pretty quick and 100-107% is a good pace for me but most user made tracks needs AI at 120% and they are still a little slow. Using a track like Monza is pointless driving against AI as they keep a high DF setup and I either need to do the same or beat them by 4-5 sec a lap at 120%. Does anyone know how to force a setup for AI use?

20. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

+1