[REL] Symmons Plains Raceway Beta v0.95

Discussion in 'Locations' started by WHAT21A, Oct 13, 2013.

1. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

here, i really like the rust on the armco. attention to detail is great, as thats the back of the rail, so you cant even see it from the circuit
    [​IMG]

again, the details are great, the dirt and skidmarks next to the curb looks great
    [​IMG]

2. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Very nice job mate, but it's really heavy circuit as I have some sudden fps drop in more places in the track!

3. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

I haven't had too much fps trouble.

Full/high settings and HDR, mirrors on (usually a killer) and 15 ai.

I'm not using HD resolution though, maybe that's helping for me

4. tjc

tjc Registered

Not too bad for fps here either, the odd dip but nothing heavy...

I`ve noticed there seems to be a bit of repetition on the curbs and in places on the track surface:

[​IMG]

Not a complaint as such, maybe that`s how tracks are done, I wouldn`t really know :) it does seem to repeated very often though.

5. jayblue

jayblue Registered

Been watching this project progress and it is great to finally get to drive the circuit.

Very nice work by all involved. The circuit has a great deal of detail and the AI is challenging to drive against. The track is a must have for RF2 and again shows that with skilled modders working on tracks and cars for the game the future is bright for RF2.

FPS is a little heavy in places, mainly the middle of the back straight and coming out of the final turn but even with the drops and full details i am holding a playable framerate.

6. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Triple screen registration with the Bayro 1.2:

7. Galaga

Galaga Banned

What HW do you have? What resolution do you use? I've never tried reducing resolution and I also remembering others saying that this can also help aliasing. Thanks.

8. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

thanks for this track: very fun to drive (good layout and surface).

9. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

i3 540 @3.07GHz, GTX 660 2GB and running at 1360x768 (my monitor is old and cheap, and wont go any higher lol)

in game AA at level 3, then use NVInspectorfor some settings

had some real issues to start off with, but have it in a really nice sweet spot now. capped at 60fps, full textures, vehicles, high shadows, high reflections (in b300, i get some reflections and cars arent matte like others have experienced)

i think my mid range PC, slightly old PC copes pretty well and looks quite pretty!
    [​IMG]

10. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Thanks, Rob. Looking forward to trying this. :)

11. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Superb work Shaun, the detail of the place is immense, the track feels great and Tosch has (as ever!) done great work with the AI & HDR. For a first effort it is truly one of the best tracks out there right now for RF2, congratulations and I'm already looking forward to improvements and future tracks from you :)

Constructive Time, not ran a huge session yet but here's what I picked up from on 1st impressions:

- Aliasing as others have said is a bit jaggy in places (mainly white lines, fence areas), maybe check out feels3 Crofts as he seems to of nailed it in that respect.
    - AIW problem, when coming out the hairpin if you lose it and veer to the left hand barrier you get the "Wrong Way" message and if you're spinning fast you get a penalty. Now this could be due to the track just on the otherside of the barrier so the game "thinks" you're going the wrong way even though you're hopelessly spinning out of control! Maybe a fix or AIW tweak (Tosch?) is needed in this area?
    - As has ben mentioned a few FPS drops but you're well aware of those, nothing drastic on my machine, they're noticeable but dont affect the racing at all.

Apologies if these are known or in the readme, not had time to check yet!

12. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

This is looking great. SYMMONS IS FREED!!!!!
    I only did a couple of laps since it was late, very late.
    So I don't have much input in regards to issues except to say the repetitious parts on the track surface didn't really get my attention while actually driving. In replays it becomes more obvious.
    But the FPS hit is almost on ISI level. It's not Silverstone level of FPS hit but it's pretty hard on my cards. Thing is if I recall my card wasn't doing 90% plus on GPU usage so it's rather difficult to nail it down.
    I think the game/drivers or something definitely needs more optimizations so I think that part is in the hands of ISI and/or AMD now.

Great work WHAT

13. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Interesting you mention Silverstone b/c I can run Silverstone quite smoothly on medium settings but not this track. Card is AMD 5900 series (crossfire disabled).

14. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

2 great cars for this great track : megane and nissan 370z.

15. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

If you're not running the V8 Supercars here you're not doing it right ;)
    lol

I don't know if you run all your tracks at medium or run some differently than others. I try to run them all on the same settings but some are harder on the cards than others. Silverstone is the most demanding.

One thing I do need to clarify though is I should really differentiate my definition of "running". Racing on the tracks mentioned isn't that bad. It's the replays that see the hardest hit.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2013
  16. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Funny first thing I did today is check out V8 supercars thread b/c of this track and all I see on the last page is comments about CTD, etc. so I decided not to bother. Good to see you mention this because hopefully that means those issues are anomalies/exceptions only so I will download and check it out and also test lower resolution to see if I can get more frames. Regarding your point above, I run Silverstone on medium and everything else on high or full depending on performance and whether I have AI or not. I should probably just running everything on medium especially since graphics are not very important to me but I cannot bring myself to "waste" frames or graphic quality unnecessarily. The good news is that I only run a single track every week so it's not like I am constantly having to switch back and forth so if I have excess frames I will increase graphics or vice versa and I only make changes when I have to or when I reload the track the next time so doesn't really cost me anything and once I have it dialed in then I am usually spending 10-20 hours at that track exclusively.

17. deBorgo83

deBorgo83 Registered

Very impressed. Really excellent work. Thanks so much for sharing. :)
    Can't report any bugs that haven't already been mentioned. Didn't notice much of a FPS hit here.

18. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

For me Silverstone is the most demanding track so far in rF2. I am running triple screen so I don't know if that makes a difference why I'm seeing things differently than you if you're not running triples.

19. Miro

Miro Registered

Lol, I'll run out of music till I got my recording settings right.

BTW WHAT21A I have noticed you have done a great job with the track side cams!

You think you have the time to do them on Dunsfold from Tuttle?

20. samuelw

samuelw Registered

Thanks, very tasty track. Back to supper.
    Samuel