Switch to Wet Tire Textures During Race?

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by SL1DE, Feb 18, 2017.

1. SL1DE

SL1DE Registered

Noob moment. I've seen it done on a few mods, tried to have a crack at it myself but failed. Does anybody have a guide on how to do this? I think the main thing is to have multiple textures in the single GMT, how do I do it with 3DSimED, and then where do I reference which to load for which compound?

I already got the TBC's set up, so I change compounds and stuff in the pits. I just want to figure out the textures so my wets don't look like drys. :p

2. Schumi

Schumi Registered

You need add in cocpitinfo.ini lines

// Wheel speed and tire compound are combined into a single animation index. For example, the first three animation frames would be the usual
    // tire speed blur animations for a dry-weather tire. You can add more tire speed blur animations for different tires.
    WheelSpeedAnims=3 // default is 3, but up to 6 *speed* anims allowed, multiplied by any number of graphical tire compounds
    WheelSpeedRPM=(168,672,1000,1500,2000) // RPM thresholds to switch animations between *speed* anims)
    GraphicalTireCompounds=4 // number of graphical tire compounds (may be less than number of physical tire compounds if some look the same)

You simply replace the number on your

Bjørn likes this.
  3. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

It's about how the dds' are lined up 00,01,02,03,04,05,06 07
    00 will be still-standing dry, 01 would be slightly moving, 02 would fast, 03 would be fastest.
    04 would be wet still-standing, 05 would be lightly moving, 06 would be fast, 07 would be fastest
    There are four animations here (speeds). Look into the cockpit-info file and a line should say:
    WheelSpeedAnims=4

And then you have to look into the cockpit-info file to see what this line says:
    GraphicalTireCompounds=2 (1 dry, 1 wet)

Ah, Schumi was a bit faster :)

4. SL1DE

SL1DE Registered

Ah I see. What if I don't have speed animations? Then 00 would be dry and 01 would be wet, WheelSpeedAnims=1?

How do I reference the files themselves in the animation? Do I just do what I've seen in other mods and put the number at the end of the file and it automatically picks it up?

5. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Yes.

[​IMG]

6. SL1DE

SL1DE Registered

Ok, I'm doing it right then. But why do my tyres turn pink in 3DSimED like textures are missing, when there aren't any missing?

Edit: Never mind, I saved them pink and when I re-loaded it it was fixed. Must be a bug with 3DSimED.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017