Swingman speed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zdenek Kalal, May 12, 2022.

1. Zdenek Kalal

Zdenek Kalal Registered

I need to use swingman camera angle and slowly rotate around a car. Default speed is too fast. So I was looking to modify the speed when the swingman is controlled by keyboard.

I am aware that Controller.JSON contains quite promising variables:

"Freelook Keyboard Pitch Accel":4,
    "Freelook Keyboard Pitch Accel#":"Freelook pitch acceleration when using keyboard.",
    "Freelook Keyboard Pitch Decel":4,
    "Freelook Keyboard Pitch Decel#":"Freelook pitch deceleration when using keyboard.",
    "Freelook Keyboard Pitch Speed":1.5,
    "Freelook Keyboard Pitch Speed#":"Freelook pitch speed when using keyboard.",
    "Freelook Keyboard Yaw Accel":4,
    "Freelook Keyboard Yaw Accel#":"Freelook Yaw acceleration when using keyboard.",
    "Freelook Keyboard Yaw Decel":4,
    "Freelook Keyboard Yaw Decel#":"Freelook Yaw deceleration when using keyboard.",
    "Freelook Keyboard Yaw Speed":1.5,
    "Freelook Keyboard Yaw Speed#":"Freelook yaw speed when using keyboard.",

But, When I modify these variables and then load rF2 again, all variables are reset to previous values. This happens on both starting of the game and on game exit. Within game itself, it is not possible to control the swingman speed. Some online discussions mentioned to make controller.JSON read only, but this didn't work.

Is there a way how to control the swingman speed? Thank you.

2. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Administrator Staff Member

You didn't have the game open whilst editing right? Not that those keys will help you. Rate of change for swingman is not enabled. If you are trying to look so precisely at something I would recommend using Freelook mode instead or I'm not sure if using an analogue input for the rotate would work.

3. Zdenek Kalal

Zdenek Kalal Registered

I am afraid, I edited the file while the game was running as well. I also tried editing the file when the game was closed, saving the file and then opening the game again.
    What happens when the file is edited while the game is running? Is there some way to fix the potential corruption?

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

There's no corruption, your changes will just be ignored.