swaping tires. How to??

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by kooked, Aug 6, 2017.

Tags:
  1. kooked

kooked Registered

hi i am currently working on a drift mod for rf2 and i am stuck on tires

i have everything else ready to go and have it ingame with some ordinary tires on it already.
    problem im having is i want to use a better set of tires from a s397 car and cant seem to get them to work

i have just copied the tgm files over and changed the FrontRearTires=(1,1) in the [PITMENU] but i still dont have an option to change the tires in the garage (tire compound option is grey).

is there anything else i need to do/ am missing in order to get other tires to work??

i have only just started working with rf2, (coming from assetto corsa) as i have discovered its far superior physics engine so sorry for this little noob question as rf2 makes assetto corsa modding look like a kids toy to me

2. Doogal

Doogal Registered

You have all the other compounds listed in the .tbc or just one?

3. kooked

kooked Registered

I have all the other compounds in the .tbc aswell. I am pretty sure I copied them from an existing .tbc file anyway...

4. Doogal

Doogal Registered

Ook and changed this line in the hdv?

TireBrand=Name of you .tbc here // must appear before tire compound setting (references *.tbc file)

Sorry if this was obvious just checking lol

5. kooked

kooked Registered

I just left that the same as the existing as I am just adding to existing tbc

6. Doogal

Doogal Registered

Ok np. just tried a few different cars here the only ones I couldn't change compound on are the ones with only one type. Mebbe stick your .tbc up as it looks like the game isn't seeing the other compounds?

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
  7. dylbie

dylbie Registered

You'll need to change the TireBrand line in the HDV to reference the new TBC file. The new TBC file is used by the AI, and also references the associated TGM files which you'll need to add too. Usually you'll have front and rear, and then other compounds too (if available).

I wouldn't bother trying to combine different TGMs into one TBC file, and actually I don't think it would work anyway. For example if you tried to add street tyres to an F1 tyre TBC you'd get really strange results. Keep them separate.

Your best bet is to repackage the mod with the new TBC and TGM tyres ONLY. And then run the two mods side by side.

8. kooked

kooked Registered

thank you for this! turned out that was my problem all along. thank you for all the help