[SURVEY] Competition System Development

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by brt, Jul 1, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brt

brt Administrator Staff Member

Hi everyone,

I'm looking, on behalf of Studio 397 and Motorsport Games, for your opinions on competition and online play in rFactor 2. You can find the survey here: https://forms.gle/Gh9qwDZW3ckSyDfE8

Just to give some more context - a few of you may know me but normally I try to keep a low-profile! My name is Ben Rossiter-Turner and I have been using rFactor 1 and 2 now for about 10 years both personally but also in a sim centre I own in the UK so I know the product pretty well ;) I joined as Head of Esports at Motorsport Games after working on some of the first racing esports events such as WFG and then post-joining I led the team in for Le Mans Virtual and various other production projects using multiple games and sims.

My new role is to work with Jimmi and a development team to create a system that encourages and rewards online racing and essentially gives you guys a better experience. I have my own ideas on what that should look like but I'm also interested in what you, the users, have to say about the online experience.

The great news is this is a separate development team from Studio 397, although of course will be closely linked, so don't expect this to takeaway and time or budget from the hard work the team are already putting out for you to enjoy.

I'll check in here from time-to-time both here and on discord and will try to answer questions you might have but I will be trying to spend most of my time actually getting the job done ;) There is a section on further research at the end that you can fill in should you want to be more involved in future as well.

Finally, you may well find some new roles posted soon for this team. I'm interested in to developers that have experience with web technologies, particularly with backend and database experience - so please feel to reach out directly if you think you might be interested.

All the best

Ben

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.