Supported Server OS

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by ChalkyWIS, Feb 20, 2017.

1. ChalkyWIS

ChalkyWIS Registered

Is Windows Server 2016 Datacenter a supported OS for Steamcmd dedicated server?
    I've tried Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter and that autopopulates the custompluginvariables.JSON file but on a default server the 2016 version does not. I have added the relevant missing plugins manually to get around this anyway,
    However with either OS I'm still having issues getting the server to show up in Steam.

Things I know that work:
    Local server firewall has ports open both ways (inbound and outbound):
    54297 (TCP\UDP)
    64297 (TCP\UDP)
    64298-64299 (UDP)
    The server is running in a cloud service and I have confirmed the TCP ports are open via telnet.
    e.g: I can connect to them from an external PC telnet servername 54297 etc.
    I can connect to the ports from another server in the same cloud
    The ports are showing up using netstat -a so I can see that the dedicated server is running with those ports.

I have tried changing the Simulation and HTTP ports to non-default ports like 54497 & 27013.
    So I'm pretty sure it's not firewall related on the ports.
    I have also tried just reinstalling the server again from steamcmd and installing the ISI vehicle \ location and mod that I am testing. But no luck.
    Am I missing anything else here, or is it simply that the Datacenter editions of Windows Server are not supported? I'll try spinning up a Windows Server 2012 R2 next (non Datacenter edition).

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Did you run all the Support\Runtimes files?

Marcel Offermans likes this.
  3. ChalkyWIS

ChalkyWIS Registered

Well I didn't think of that Lazza, as the server popped up without any issue.
    Anyway, I ran back and run the DirectX and all the Visual C++ redis exes and it's now working.
    Thank you for that. Something to note down if I do that again.
    I now have it working on Server 2016 Datacenter edition.

Marcel Offermans likes this.