[REL] Super GT - GT500 2005-2007

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by ApexModding, May 4, 2022.

1. ApexModding

ApexModding Registered

2. vava74

vava74 Registered

Well done!!

svictor and atomed like this.
  3. atomed

atomed Member

Spectacular, like all your stuff.

svictor, ApexModding and vava74 like this.
  4. datasting

datasting Registered

5. JERACERX

JERACERX Registered

GT300s coming is good news, really under represented class

Just looking through, I noticed a lot of the cars have the wrong drivers in them, and also the #24 Woodone Zs are in the 2005 class when you try to select them, instead of 2006

Last edited: Oct 25, 2022
  6. JERACERX

JERACERX Registered

So just did a 250K long race with the AI and noticed a few things
    • The pit stops take waaaaaaay too long, one pit stop basically cost 2 laps of Fuji (more minor thing is the cars should be jacked 4 wheels at a time, it currently only does 2 wheels), this caused the AI the pitted earlier to be way behind the AI that pitted towards the end of the race.
    • The AI in the Zs were basically a second and a half slower, the Supras and NSXs were comparable, I think with a slight edge to the NSXs
    • I looked through the .MAS to check and there doesn't seem to be any .rcd talent file, which means the AI's strength basically gets randomized between sessions, leading to some spred out racing as qualifying basically doesn't determine a car's speed
    • AI didn't seem to have much tire drop off, even when most of them were on the softs
    I uploaded the race I did here if you wanna poke around

Overall the cars look great! I think if a few of these little bugs are worked out, it'll easily be one of the best RF2 mods.

7. zxd1997

zxd1997 Registered

For AI maybe need some tweak, for people there're not too much differs, all 3 cars are inside 0.5s at suzuka in alien's hand, but yep as a non AI player me and sv didn't check it. Maybe Ai needs some work

vava74 likes this.
  8. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

well done, great series with great cars. Hope especially the Nissan will get the same cockpit graphics quality as the NSX in a futher update.

One thing: the Nissan seems not to cut the throttle off when shifting up, so the engine is overreving. The NSX and the Supra cut the throttle off as it should be by sequential shifting by stick.

atomed likes this.
  9. vava74

vava74 Registered

Drove the Supra around Monza with the Apex GT3 as filler (not period correct, I know :-D) forming a grid in total of about 40 cars and it was a wild and fully organic experience.
    Magnificent work with just a small, personal caveat that the cars seem to have a tad too much grip coming out of slow corners, allowing to nearly stomp the throttle without penalty.

10. ApexModding

ApexModding Registered

After taking some days of break from modding, and to compile feedback, we'll focus our next update on addressing the pitstop times, wet tire potential performance gap, and car selection, so lengthy online races (or leagues) can proceed unaffected. The AI .rcd will take longer unless we have a volunteer (or volunteers) to expedite it.

It is nice to see the adoption rate :). And thank you again to our Patreon supporters and tnadz for your $ contribution. While we don't have enough for Lamborghinis, we have a couple of delightful dinners (delicious pizza) thanks to you.

VirusGR42, vava74, GeraArg and 7 others like this.
  11. zxd1997

zxd1997 Registered

is there pineapple on pizza? hahhahahaha

pascom likes this.
  12. ApexModding

ApexModding Registered

[​IMG]

Myrvold, VirusGR42, vava74 and 3 others like this.
  13. ApexModding

ApexModding Registered

We've just committed an update (1.14) to the workshop:
    • added missing rain 2d stuff and reworked cockpintinfo.ini
    • rework tyre softness
    • reworked tyre sidewall rendering
    • reworked oil temp and water setting
    • reworked PitMenu value
    Regarding AI, we'd appreciate community assistance by someone with more experience to make sure this is "nailed." Please message us here or on our Discord if you'd like to help or know someone willing to help.

14. yoss

yoss Registered

We've just committed an update (1.15) to the workshop :

All cars :
    - added missing entry for brake duct setting
    - added missing entry for oil temp setting

Supra :
    - reworked 2006 Sepang veh

Z33 :
    - reworked blip on downshift

Last edited: Jan 29, 2023
    makan, Hazi, svictor and 9 others like this.
  15. ApexModding

ApexModding Registered

We have released the beta build for the SGT300 Toyota in our Patreon this week :)

vava74, svictor, pascom and 7 others like this.
  16. ApexModding

ApexModding Registered

Hi folks, given the current progress on other content and the desire to not let this lag behind for single-player use, we'd like to ask if there are any AI experts who would volunteer to create 3 AI files for our Super GT mod - one for an excellent virtual opponent, one for a good/decent, and one for a backmarker. This would be of monumental help so we can then recreate the grid and apply the concept to our other cars.

:)

makan, Radkappe, GeraArg and 3 others like this.
  17. DiggerHawk

DiggerHawk Registered

I have been trying out this mod and I really like it but there are a few issues I have noticed.

Firstly the tyres on all the cars lack any animated textures for motion blur so they appear to rotate too slowly.
    The Supra also has an issue with reflection glitches on the lower LOD models (B,C,D etc), especially noticeable on the dive planes on the front bumper but also on the hood. I also noticed looking at the Supra's GEN file that with vehicle detail set to High the highest quality model (A) isn't used for the body, bumper and hood. But even with the highest settings the A model is switched to B too soon when zooming out, an issue exaggerated by the reflection problems with the lower LOD models.

The reflection glitches are caused by vertices sharing the same coordinates in the UV map when they define an edge that is between two faces that have normals which should be independent (I think that makes sense?). Basically a sharp edge. I presume these have crept in because of the workflow of reducing the geometry for the lower LOD models. I know because I had the same issue with the CART 98 models I have been working on. The little cheat I found in blender was to split the edges by angle (edge split modifier) then scale the vertices in the UV map by individual origins by 0.999 just before exporting (after saving). This just moves the affected vertices away form each other without adjusting the mapping too much.

Unfortunately I can't help with the AI as that's a mystery to me.

Hazi likes this.
  18. DiggerHawk

DiggerHawk Registered

I have just noticed another issue, this time with the NSX. In cockpit view where you should see the back of the hood it is transparent so you can see the track instead. Otherwise I think the NSX is the best graphically especially the cockpit.

19. ApexModding

ApexModding Registered

We're still looking for AI help. If you know of people who have done some, please let us know or have them reach out. We're just looking for a couple of examples (tuned to one or two of our cars) to then implement through the grids. Thank you.

vava74 likes this.
  20. ApexModding

ApexModding Registered

We're rolling out an update (to v1.17) where we added the missing sidewall blur to the tires, adjusted some fuel usage figures for the cars, tweaked headlight flare, and for the Supra the engine lifetime reliability was fixed.

We're still looking for someone to help with AI creation. Please spread the word :).

makan, Hazi, davehenrie and 6 others like this.