[Suggestion] Improve DLC description on Steam

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Uff, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Uff

Uff Registered

I have a small request for Studio 397, which I think might help the end user when selecting which DLC to buy.
    As noted in this message, sometimes it's not very clear what a package contains. I refer for example to this case, also.
    Now, I know that the GT3 pack is a specific case, as it's meant for "old customers" to let them complete their roster, but someone who reaches that page might feel lost knowing that he's going to buy "some of the finest GT3 cars at a special discount".
    Just for reference, should I want to buy the ACC GT4 package I get a clear description of what I'm going to buy. That makes it easy to avoid confusion, in my opinion.

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Avoiding confusion? That is not the rF2 way! At times like these, I try to remember what that ancient Chinese Philospher Confusion would say... ....

Filip and Love Guitars n Cars like this.
  3. likes_simracing

likes_simracing Registered

Adding to this, the description was already pretty basic during the summer sale, and it was simply worse on this new round. Like no one pays attention anymore that this is a serious business. It sounds harsh but really a potential buyer would have no idea what was on the two GT3 packs on the Steam item store. I had to search for the old GT3 pack announcement from months ago to get the list.

Plus, there were inconsistencies on the info. On the announcement, it said 5 GT3s each for the two packs, without listing ALL of them. But I seem to recall that the GT3 bundle during the summer sale had 11 cars. So now I was not sure if one GT3 is still excluded (and which one), or if it meant 5 car types, and there were two Audi variants, making 6 cars.

A committed buyer/rF2 fan (like me) would figure this out, but it could turn-off others.

4. Lateralus21

Lateralus21 Registered

I agree Uff, how hard would it be list the cars in the pack. Seems pretty basic. Long time members probably don't have a problem but people new to the game are going to get screwed into buying some cars twice potentially.

5. DiggerHawk

DiggerHawk Registered

As new to rF2 I noticed this during the summer sale. I ended up purchasing the endurance pack but I was also looking at the GT3 pack and was wondering why it was more expensive than what I calculated the 50% discount would be before the sale. I then realised that both the previous GT3 packs had been merged and the McLaren Senna GTR and AM Vantage GTE had been bundled in with the endurance pack. Although to be fair on Studio 397 and steam if I remember correctly the contents of the packs are clearly listed just before your transaction becomes legal.

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Descriptions generally could be better, old and new users alike are easily confused. The temporary packs only need (as a minimum) "already included in <xyz> pack" so people are aware.

7. Love Guitars n Cars

Love Guitars n Cars Registered

Their Steam page needs a lot of work. Tracks and cars don't have screen shots, stats, specs for what is being sold. It's actually very odd.

8. Bernd

Bernd Registered

When i open the link to the ACC GT4 package, i find the follwing information:
    .....The GT4 PACK DLC for Assetto Corsa Competizione brings 11 new cars.....
    and
    The DLC includes the following cars and relative liveries:
    • Alpine A110 GT4 (7 new liveries)
    • Aston Martin Vantage GT4 (7 new liveries)
    • Audi R8 LMS GT4 (4 new liveries)
    • BMW M4 GT4 (8 new liveries)
    • Chevrolet Camaro GT4R (2 new liveries)
    • Ginetta G55 GT4 (1 new liveries)
    • KTM X-Bow GT4 (3 new liveries)
    Maybe i'm totally dumb, but the listed cars are 7 and not 11.
    Or do i miss something?
    If not, the information from ACC is confusing too. :)

9. Goanna

Goanna Registered

You missed something...to the right and slightly below the KTM line is a read more button, which when clicked shows all 11.
    upload_2020-8-2_13-39-36.png

upload_2020-8-2_13-36-45.png

Lazza likes this.
  10. Bernd

Bernd Registered

Thanks for the Hint.
    Luckily I'm not dump though. :)
    The "read more" link is not shown in my preferred browser IE11, but in Edge and Firefox it also shows up.